Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Time never stops marching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Junior G-man posted:

Not the way I hoped Labour would die, but sure why not:

https://twitter.com/KevinASchofield/status/973574768946491392?s=20

hee hee hee

It's funny because at the time, the joke was that no-one knew who this anonymous apparatchik was whose exit spelled certain doom for the whole endeavour. Now we all know and it's somehow even stupider.

e: 2 is the correct number of sausages in a full english.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

There's no way of looking at giving Corbyn the boot in October that isn't an unimaginably catatrophic unforced error.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Unite aren't actively doing anything, it's just a natural outcome of having successfully defended their members. They'll be funding Labour's defence in the same way as ever, via the big sum they pay to fund Labour as a whole.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Hearing that Prince Phillip has been transferred to a better hospital where Doctors have upgraded his condition to "alive".

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

https://twitter.com/NickCohen4/status/1366712420547313664

Our prestigious journalists really are the stupidest people who have ever lived.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Jedit posted:

The answer to Cohen's very pertinent question is "not having the full support of the journalist set and thus their scandals being made relevant".

Yes - imagine being a journalist and perceiving the attention and ridicule of journalists to be some kind of eldritch ghost we've lost the ability to summon.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Connections is honestly my favourite documentary series of all time, and is right up there for me in terms of the greatest show ever made - it's what I always turn to when I'm feeling a bit low, basically comfort food for the brain. It's a direct reply to the two big prestige documentaries David Attenbrough commissioned to show off colour television when he was controller of BBC2 (he also televised snooker because it was cheap and relied on colour) - Civilisation and The Ascent of Man, which were grandiose histories of art and science respectively. Both are excellent documentaries in their own right (although the former in particular suffers from a massively eurocentric view of the world which is a bit clanging to modern ears).

Thread favourite Ways of Seeing was also made as a rebuke to Civilisation. That series must really have pissed some people off.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

MikeCrotch posted:

I think Charles understands that without the goodwill of Brenda the monarchy needs to be less expensive and less of a scandal magnet, which is why he wants to make the whole thing more boring and professional.

Def agree that he wants that crown though

Charles definitely also thinks that the country needs the strong guiding hand of an interventionist monarch, though.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

TheRat posted:

I've literally not heard of it before it was mentioned here just now. Was while he was with Kate?

Google "Kate's RURAL RIVAL" and see how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

kill wheaty

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

"grokked" is the made-up cyberpunk term.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Rumda posted:

It's really bizarre how leftists who normally decry racism and nationalism will suddenly get all blood and soil to dunk on the monarchy

It's not really "blood and soil" because it's not like anything would be better if the royal family were of an exclusively British gene pool. The important part is noting that the monarchy's connection to the "nation" is a fiction, that they had (and have) more interests in common with the rest of the European ruling class even when they were sending people to their deaths "for King and country".

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Beaker people or bust, naturally.

The idea is ridiculous but presumably if you were a fascist making a blood and soil argument against your all-too-German monarchs then you'd have some wild pseudoscience for that in hand.

josh04 fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Mar 10, 2021

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Angrymog posted:

I don't really understand the appeal of tacos, but that does look like violence.

They're just a sort of rigid pasty.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Bobstar posted:

Sounds more like Maugrim's landlord has that bizarre emotional attachment that small-scale landlords seem to develop, where they get very upset at the idea of you doing anything to "their" property, don't like you thinking of it as "your home" because it's not yours, it's theirs.

Give me a cartoon landlord who's only motivated by money over one of them.

Yes, a classic landlord convo from when I was a student, over a bit of collapsed masonry:

"Why on earth would we kick our own front doorstep in?"
"It's not your front doorstep, it's MY front doorstep!"

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Nice of them to make it really easy to chroma key.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Are we allowed to mention actual forum user Lord Andrew Adonis, the real Lord Adonis, who was banned for demanding a fight in a Tesco car park, presumably over HS2?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

'single candidate shortlist'

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1372224347847417859

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

CoolCab posted:

the jordan lake sessions from the mountain goats is, legit, one of my all time favourite live albums. i didn't pay for the "show" because, i dunno that seems kind of depressing, christ, but i definitely enjoyed the poo poo out of it after i bought it from bandcamp.

it has a wonderful, exhausted energy - like someone lying in a hospital bed, all tubed up, but they're smiling at you. 4.5/5 stars.

Good news, they're recording two more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

I didn't vote for Starmer but I'm fully prepared to compromise on policy, within reason, to back a Blair-aping pragmatist who could really stick the knife in. But no, it's the same shower of PR-huffing shits who spent the last five years sabotaging anything they got their fingers in, lead by a guy who makes Joe Boden look spirited and proactive. There is no amount of support from the left, however unconditional, that will make Labour 'electable' in this state.