Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Got my first shot of vaccine! 10-12 weeks sure does feel different to the 2 weeks they were saying at the start, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Dogatron posted:

A lot of people are loving terrible but a lot more cis men are not.

An honest-to-god Not All Men is maybe not the sentiment to go for in this context.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

GICs only seeing two patients a year is a feature, not a bug. Either force people to go private (where they'll be paying the same people anyway) or make their lives miserable because if they didn't want to be miserable, they'd have chosen to be rich.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

The dentist I go to keeps negging me every time I turn up to buy some weird hollywood poo poo off her..

I'm like "nope just fill the potholes please that's the only reason I come here"

I know at least one person who owes a dentist a significant 4 figure sum because they upsold like this while also being very quiet as to the cost of it (or that it wasn't covered by the NHS at all) until the bill came through.

And when that came to light, the dentist's reaction was essentially a diplomatic version of "We both know you can't afford to go after me for malpractice either".

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Vitamin P posted:

I actually give a poo poo about trans people.

If you're actively defending the GIC, you objectively loving do not.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

TACD posted:

you mean ‘frak’ and it’s cylons

god

And "feth" if you cross over to Warhammer 40k.

This poo poo never truly leaves you.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

He's doing a lot of probably very miserable reading to justify that if he's just doing it for a lark.

Masochism as a kink is as masochism as a kink does, I guess.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

"you've dropped your purse I'm just going to leave it here" I shout, lobbing it at the woman's feet and sprinting in the opposite direction to present the smallest possible threat

One step away from an unironic "you can't even SMILE at a woman without them saying it's harassment" post.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Jakabite posted:

Launching the trolley back into the bay is great. Always puts me in mind of an astronaut jumping in zero G between two shuttles. Only the initial push to give direction and the float towards the destination fuelled by hope. The price of failure: disaster.

As if Waitrose don’t have the quid too. I might have to go to the one near me and see for myself. That might be my weekend activity.

Hitting a good curve shot into the trolley shed accounting for a wonky wheel is what I can only assume winning Olympic gold feels like.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

crispix posted:

UK government considering blanket ban on orange order parades!! :toot:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56391988

I eagerly await the specific exemption the Orangemen will get in Glasgow to make as much of a loving racket as they like, and definitely don't bring up how a lot of local councillors etc are also in said dickhead parades.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Simsandwich posted:

Let's not forget Labour candidates for Holyrood and Westminster being selected in certain areas by organised election blocs of Orangemen (something I thought was tinfoil hat stuff until attending a CLP where this happened.)

Yeah, the level of control the Orange Order have on Scottish politics, especially at a local level, seems like proper conspiracy theorist stuff, but it's absolutely how it works, the Order can basically dictate who is elected in certain areas.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

big scary monsters posted:

Man, I wish. Those loving pipes and drums waking me up when I lived on the march route in Stirling. Not to mention Glasgow centre being impassible a few days every summer so the most "yer da" men in the world can red-facedly walk down Buchanan street getting yelled at. I feel like even if you knew nothing about Ireland you'd hate the Unionists after experiencing that once or twice.

Right, I know plenty of people with no dog in either race who hate the Order just on the principle of them grinding the entire city to a halt on a loving whim, or deciding they really need to mark The Battle Of A Random Residential Street at 9am on a sunday morning with tin whistles and loving bass drums.

Every year someone rightly asks "Why can't you just do a big loop around Glasgow Green if you really have to parade" and the answer is a thinly-veiled "because it's about making sure everyone else knows about us".

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I like Blackpool because we went there a lot before I was old enough to realize how grim it was, and now I'm older it's like, endearingly grim.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

It's getting to that time of year soon, who's ready to do the Easter Eggs Don't Say Easter Anymore lie?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Speaking of leaders getting unseated, remember when Jo Swinson got the boot?

Good to remember the little victories.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Camrath posted:

I hold a 5*, and it is... not difficult to get. At all. And I’m a loving slob at the best of times. It’s certainly made me a lot warier of where I eat.

Like have (and use) hand washing facilities, a cleaning system and practice sensible food storage. That’s literally all you really need to do. If you combine that with HACCP paperwork and understanding then you almost have to consciously try to get a low rating.

Yeah, when I was doing chef training, it was pretty distressing to discover how low the bar is for 5*, and how many restaurants apparently don't meet that.

And even if you get pulled up for something egregious, most of the time it's "If you promise you'll fix that at some point, you can stay open".

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

For how dangerously close he gets to corpsing in this, and that they still used it, I'm dying to see the what I can only assume is hundreds of outtakes.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Mebh posted:

I can't stand any of the egg white cocktails. I grew up during the salmonella panic so raw eggs basically skeeve me the hell out. Euugh.

My darling partner asks me to ask the thread about any cocktails with soy sauce. I think she's trolling us, goons.

Though tbh she's an alpha goon and was at the infamous goon camp that the :gooncamp: emoji is from.
Like being married to a celebrity!

A dash of soy sauce in a Bloody Mary doesn't go amiss.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

The universe will constantly self-correct to make Keith wrong, no matter what he says.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I once went drinking with a Finn. When I say it out loud, it's so clearly an immediately bad idea, I'm shocked I did it.

It went as you'd expect. I'm convinced their gullet just goes straight to the liver with nothing inbetween.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Leipäjuusto is also a drat fine cheese.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

He goes right alongside the other old one at the bar who, if even half the stories about him are true, he's the hardest man you know. The sort of guy who's only getting off that barstool if he's about to do something that'll going back to the jail the next day.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I'm on 17 quid a month for unlimited everything from Giffgaff, never had a problem with them in the years I've been with them.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

https://twitter.com/MattHancock/status/1375538103667023872

Sorry, English folks, but I'm doing unilateral independence by going to the border with a shovel and just digging a big ditch to snap us off like a kitkat.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

ThomasPaine posted:

I had the mmr long ago. Basically no serious side effects with Pfizer though.

It seems the bastard sickness seems more common with the AZ. Me and my dad got the AZ and both felt like shite, my stepmum got the Pfizer and was fine.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

M&S clearances at the end of the day are also incredible. I've had ready-made curries out of there marked down from £7 to 90p because the date was that day. Check in near their closing and look for the yellow stickers, you'll eat like a loving king.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

As if that's going to defend him.