Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Here's a game some of you fuckers might enjoy:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1388770/Cruelty_Squad/

It's Cruelty Squad, a cyberpunk, biopunk "power fantasy simulator" where you murder the poo poo out of people and trade on the stock and organ markets. That does sound like it's being edgy for the sake of being edgy, but from the reviews I've seen, it does it really well. Apparently it got more than a few players actually feeling emotions. The UI, textures, and everything else look loving awful, but they're supposed to, which sounds like a cop out at first until you realize how much effort it takes to make something look that consistently bad. If anything, it adds to the game.

I'm gonna be checking it out later, just thought I'd post this here while I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

played it for a few hours
it's very fun

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I briefly looked at the store page and I am honestly pretty into how poo poo it looks

hbag
Feb 13, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

ninjewtsu posted:

I briefly looked at the store page and I am honestly pretty into how poo poo it looks

yeah
it put me off at first but honestly after playing it for a few hours, it works perfectly

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

this game looks amazing but Im holding off until its out of early access

that being said, being even more janky than normal kinda seems like a selling point for this game

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Game says early access but the early access blurb says they're basically done with the game. Would you say that the game feels like a finished product? I'm strongly considering buying the game tbh

hbag
Feb 13, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

ninjewtsu posted:

Game says early access but the early access blurb says they're basically done with the game. Would you say that the game feels like a finished product? I'm strongly considering buying the game tbh

i mean, i haven't ran into many bugs or anything, in fact the only bug i can think of atm is the stock market occasionally needing you to switch between a few assets before you can buy or sell

hbag
Feb 13, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

my current plan is to save up enough money to buy a stealth suit and an ammunition gland so i can metal gear this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

how can i listen to my pirated albums? oh wait.

What are the controls?

e: nvm found em, in settings haha

BONGHITZ fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Apr 21, 2021