Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GlyphGryph posted:

No, from the top down for both categories.

Isn't row 1 column 1 for guns the X out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Acerbatus posted:

Isn't row 1 column 1 for guns the X out?

That's why I said "2 if you ignore the offset", yeah. But the first two gun blocks after the x are empty. They may be empty on purpose and nothing goes there though i dunno.

Edit: Or I'm an idiot and went into the gun menu with the default guns equipped and they're unavailable because of that.

Also I'm an idiot.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GlyphGryph posted:

That's why I said "2 if you ignore the offset", yeah. But the first two gun blocks after the x are empty. They may be empty on purpose and nothing goes there though i dunno.

oh lol that's because it blanks out the guns you have equipped. Those are the default starter guns.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Yep I just realized what I did, booted up the game and counted spaced without thinking lmfao.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

ilikefood posted:

How do you know that? I thought the zkz instakills anything without armor at $1m

Yeah I mean once you have a million in holdings it's maxed out. It makes a different sound at a million. Read it on the wiki but it seems to make sense - can one shot the gods on the house level with it.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

Zeniel posted:

Managed to get all the weapons and upgrades yesterday. This game is a tremendous amount of fun.

grats! I'm ambitious about it but stuck at trauma loop, it's getting real.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there no tracker for finishing a level on Chaos?

GlyphGryph posted:

Yep I just realized what I did, booted up the game and counted spaced without thinking lmfao.

Er... Isn't there only 5 rows for weapons?

GlyphGryph posted:

Okay someone give me a hint as to how you get this zkz?

Actually, I've got all the levels know but am still missing a handful of guns and implants, but I don't want to just look them up.

Hints on all the following would be appreciated, assuming they aren't in Trauma Loop (which I haven't finished exploring yet):

Implants:
Row 3 Column 2
Row 6 Column 1
Row 6 Column 4

Guns and Tools
Row 2 Column 2
Row 5 Column 5
Row 6 Column 3
Row 6 Column 6

I think I got the implants correct and the ZKZ at any rate.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

vaginite posted:

grats! I'm ambitious about it but stuck at trauma loop, it's getting real.

Nearly there, trauma loop has a few tricks about it that make it easier than it first appears. Including a few ways that make it permanently easier.

Im currently just trying to complete the game with all the different times. I realised it is indeed possible to finish MSHQ with your divine light intact and with the standars load out.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

I've been singing this game's praises since its release and one of the two people I got to buy it refunded it pretty quickly (the other is digging it but has some issues playing it because their computer is ancient).

Truthfully I also refunded this game then came back to it later on. I think this happened to a lot of people.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

Zeniel posted:

Nearly there, trauma loop has a few tricks about it that make it easier than it first appears. Including a few ways that make it permanently easier.

Im currently just trying to complete the game with all the different times. I realised it is indeed possible to finish MSHQ with your divine light intact and with the standars load out.

I’ll try and figure it out - I might spoiler it if I’m stuck too much longer. This games pretty funny in that way, I spent like half a day getting to the obstacle course in archon grid, getting the stone puzzles all down perfect, lot of muscle memory and figuring out how to get around the couple crabs that seem impossible to evade.

Finally beat the puzzles, took til the 3rd or 4th time making it to the obstacle course to beat it. Realized you could just grappendix in the whole time.

gently caress

e: spoilers

vaginite fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Nov 17, 2021

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

Also I think the grappendix is my favorite item in a game ever.

This game is so jank, but like in a good way, it reminds of Mario 64. I picked up the Mario 3D all stars on switch, and I really missed how janky mario 64 was compared to the new 3D mario games. It didn’t have any guard rails, it wouldn’t correct anything you did. You would mostly just gently caress up and fling yourself off a cliff but you could also pull off some insanely impressive speed run stuff.

The grappendix works the same way. You can fling yourself up a wall, swing across an entire level, James Bond down through a skylight and swing around a room shooting rockets at everyone - but you’ll probably just kill yourself misjudging a drop.

I can’t think of any time I’ve had more fun in a game than figuring out how to use the grappendix. It starts off as a detriment but after a lot of practice its incredible.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The grappendix physics own.

For the Ironworks Lux, when you flick the elevator switch near a golem where the hell is that room you can use to go further to the Godmech? I found it once and died and swear it completely vanished after that.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Acerbatus posted:

The grappendix physics own.

For the Ironworks Lux, when you flick the elevator switch near a golem where the hell is that room you can use to go further to the Godmech? I found it once and died and swear it completely vanished after that.

Really if you can reach lower area of trauma loop, you can just poke about till you find a tiny tower in a poison pond. Doesn't matter which way you get down there.

Grappendix definitely owns, I almost never go without it.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

It makes you into spiderman, I pick it every time.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

Beat trauma loop after a few hours of trying, what an incredible game.

Found a trick I haven’t seen discussed the nail gun breaks armor really fast but takes a bunch more shots to kill anything. But a quick burst breaks armor then the zkz can finish it once it starts bleeding. Made the bottom level a lot easier as it’s an ammo efficient way to kill a lot of armored enemies.

My favorite game in a long time, sad to be done with it :(

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Another useful trick in trauma loop and a few other levels is that zombie enemies cant hurt you when you are crouched makes getting to the bottom of trauma loop a cinch

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
I assume trauma loop is the level I'm missing. What level should I be searching if I want to find access to it?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

You unlock it by clearing all other levels.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

^^ This

Can click through the levels to see which ones don't have a score. Probably HQ and/or house.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
you also need to clear every secret level for trauma loop to unlock. if you're strapped for cash for the house there's a big chunk of money hidden in the party level.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B55SL6sszs8

This game is so loving good lmao

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

drat didn't think that one would get any quicker.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

What is even happening there.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
you start the level inside the exit volume so just snipe the target and you win

https://twitter.com/CSoftproducts/status/1465470228226269187

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Cruelty Squad was hands down GOTY. It won't win but it should.

Swilo posted:

you start the level inside the exit volume so just snipe the target and you win

I think the question was more "how did they hit the target?" The original trick was using the rocket launcher since it has splash damage.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
How close is GTAV from winning GOTY again

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Groovelord Neato posted:

Cruelty Squad was hands down GOTY. It won't win but it should.

I think the question was more "how did they hit the target?" The original trick was using the rocket launcher since it has splash damage.

The ricochet bullets augment most likely. Combine that with a lot of trial and error and you end up with that clip

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
That speedrun may not be possible now- I think in an old version you had a direct line of sight which isn’t the case anymore. There are some where the person jumps and fires a rocket I think but it’s much harder to get the angle now

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what DOES the angular advantage munitions implant actually do? Just ricochet? It looks like it changed the targeting somehow.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
https://twitter.com/freejazzalbum/status/1470937533496414215

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
I ate some pills on the first level and got stuck on the ceiling. Did I miss something?

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

Xaintrailles posted:

I ate some pills on the first level and got stuck on the ceiling. Did I miss something?

Sounds like the standard experience

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I read a review of the game the other day that mentioned those pills too, but I've never found them. I haven't played it since the last big update that added the new implant though, were they added in that?

E: Found the pills

Dabir fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Dec 27, 2021

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
and in the game!

Trucker Hat
Jul 25, 2021

Dabir posted:

I read a review of the game the other day that mentioned those pills too, but I've never found them. I haven't played it since the last big update that added the new implant though, were they added in that?

E: Found the pills

If you want to run the gamut of possible effects you should check out the office building level, there are pills all over the cubicles.

Trucker Hat
Jul 25, 2021
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1907590/Psycho_Patrol_R/

NEW CONSUMER SOFTORODUCTS PROJECT ALERT

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

For the very first time I'm feeling truly alive.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

yeah he's been tweeting the progress of that for a while now, looking forward to it

bweep boop!
Dec 31, 2007

Nice shootin', Tex!
I've bought three games on Steam, ever, and never first day of release. Thanks to Cruelty Squad, this will absolutely be mine immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
give me that filth