Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mac9k5
Apr 5, 2011
The Last Aviatrix is a adventure indie comic book. It takes place 90 years after a catastrophic nuclear war. The survivors of the wastelands of earth adapt to the new environment, but one thing still keeps humanity in peril. The Atom Born, an indestructible breed of atomic wizards that bring war, plague and pestilence to the small factions of people still left.

The story follows our heroine, The Last Aviatrix, a woman flying the final operating airplane, a nuclear powered B-29. As she travels the world finding ways to survive and help humanity when she can, her mission becomes complicated when she accidentally picks up Henry, an atom born child, who wield incredible power. Can our Aviatrix survive this ruined irradiated world.

When does this update?
As soon as a issue is finished, but the artist is not accomplished and works slowly, and sometimes the issues are double length... for no good reason. so production is a touch slow...

The hell are these little lines in these things?
That's duo shade (specifically a digital version of duo shade) trying to create a sense of the indie comics of old. The same reason it is in black and white to begin with.

Ya actually got through that and wanna read the thing? here is a link to the artists website, its also on tapas and such, ya get the idea.
https://www.bustercagle.com/comics

Mac9k5 fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jan 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mac9k5
Apr 5, 2011
I added 22 pages to the first issue, and nearly redrew the rest of it. Because lets face it, it looked like poo poo. Now it looks less like poo poo. So here is the real first issue as it should be seen. The cover is the same though, so here's a splash page.

https://www.bustercagle.com/the-last-aviatrix-iss-1

Mac9k5
Apr 5, 2011
Eyyy. A new issue, if that's a thing you were craving... I'm too slow, but its also 50 pages... so there's something. Less wizard this issue, more cults.

https://www.bustercagle.com/the-last-aviatrix-2

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I think you should post some images of your work. This was actually pretty good, very kind of indie b&w feel to the art.

If people have 15 minutes this is worth checking out.

Mac9k5
Apr 5, 2011
This are my favorite pages from the first two comics.
I'm still drawing issue three, we'll get there.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mac9k5 posted:

This are my favorite pages from the first two comics.
I'm still drawing issue three, we'll get there.
Awesome, I'm looking forward to it.

Mac9k5
Apr 5, 2011

I'm still drawing the rest of the thing, but I finished the painting for the cover of issue 3.

Mac9k5
Apr 5, 2011
The issue three is out now! you can read it for free. More wizards, more wastelands.

https://www.bustercagle.com/the-last-aviatrix-3

Mac9k5
Apr 5, 2011
Been working on issue four and will be posting some pages as it goes.

Mac9k5 fucked around with this message at 03:00 on May 10, 2022

Mac9k5
Apr 5, 2011
More pages coming up. this fight was fun, short but fun.

Mac9k5
Apr 5, 2011
After a break, new pages are coming again. and there's a cowboy.

Mac9k5
Apr 5, 2011
New page. I really just wanted to draw a 240z and managed to weasel one in there. always like that burnt out car as cowboy carriage trope.

Mac9k5
Apr 5, 2011
The gold standard for any comics page should be, what do I want to draw? this is pretty up there.

Mac9k5
Apr 5, 2011
The world of wizards (and wizard wannabes) slowly being revealed.

Mac9k5
Apr 5, 2011
Well, they got there.

Mac9k5
Apr 5, 2011
More pages, a series of things I think would be fun in a post apocalyptic world. The last ipod in the world.

Mac9k5 fucked around with this message at 03:02 on May 10, 2022

Mac9k5
Apr 5, 2011
A buncha new stuff. The last 4 pages make 2 nice complete scenes. I think it works better in physical and the two pages are facing each other.

Mac9k5 fucked around with this message at 03:03 on May 10, 2022

Mac9k5
Apr 5, 2011
I will just keep posting these, what do i have to lose. Maybe some prowlers are enjoying this.
also I thought the mirroring between these pages was a cool effect. but it will work better in paper when they are next to each other.

Mac9k5 fucked around with this message at 03:04 on May 10, 2022

Mac9k5
Apr 5, 2011
I noticed today that this issue doesn't have any double pagers. which i would change. if i did not hit the page limit on saddle stitch pages for a comic book. I don't want to do glue binding on these. must choose what we give up making comics i guess.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I still really like the art, just waiting for the issue to end to read it all at once. Thanks for posting it though.

Mac9k5
Apr 5, 2011
oh man, this one is pretty long so it'll be a bit longer before it's done. but its really cool that someone even wants to read this thing. thanks.

Mac9k5
Apr 5, 2011
I also forgot to upload these. I don't really know if anyone else is coming here to check this thing out. but how much can it hurt really?

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006
I’m reading

Mac9k5
Apr 5, 2011
oh man thank you so much for giving it a gander.

here's another page.

Mac9k5
Apr 5, 2011
big spider page

Agent_grey
Jan 8, 2007

Scrub-a-Dub-Dub!
This is really good, scratching the post apocalypse itch I have going on recently.
I like your world building and that you haven't spent too much time dwelling on how everything got to how it is. Not against knowing it in the future but I like the focus on Summer doing her own thing.

Do you have other comics or is this your first long form one and do you plan to continue it for a long haul or have and ending in mind upon them confronting the Atom Born?

Mac9k5
Apr 5, 2011

Agent_grey posted:

This is really good, scratching the post apocalypse itch I have going on recently.
I like your world building and that you haven't spent too much time dwelling on how everything got to how it is. Not against knowing it in the future but I like the focus on Summer doing her own thing.

Do you have other comics or is this your first long form one and do you plan to continue it for a long haul or have and ending in mind upon them confronting the Atom Born?

This is the first thing I have really gotten anywhere with. I was thinking of this as a maxi series with 12 or 13 issues in mind (probably somewhere around 600 when it's done) and yeah, a real finale. Thank you so much for reading. I'm glad you like it.

also here is another page.

Mac9k5
Apr 5, 2011
a bit of action. I really like Daniel Warren Johnson and am always trying to cop his approach to speed and action.

Mac9k5
Apr 5, 2011
I really like this page. it took way too long. but i do like it.

Mac9k5
Apr 5, 2011

I'm so tired of drawing that spider.

Mac9k5
Apr 5, 2011

I need to punch up some of this dialogue before print, but here are some more pages.

Mac9k5
Apr 5, 2011

That boot gift scene was the first thing i thought of in this issue, and i really think it came out well. Also never write a scene with a crowd. I cheated it as much as ya can, and it still sucks.

Mac9k5
Apr 5, 2011

This is where i really got ever reveal to land on an odd number page. a minor accomplishment.

Mac9k5
Apr 5, 2011
Here are some more pages. Idk man, the goal is to get this done for SDCC and have it printed. which I think I can hit, but takes some work.

Mac9k5
Apr 5, 2011
Drawing conversations with any amount of visual interest is one of the more tricky things that don't seem tricky.

Mac9k5
Apr 5, 2011
This is really the end of the issue, there are 2 more pages I squeezed in on the back cover as an epilogue, and I'll post those in a day or two, but yeah. this is issue 4

Mac9k5 fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jun 19, 2022

Mac9k5
Apr 5, 2011
And that's the end of Issue 4. This comic is a joy to work on, but really doesn't have a lot of traction. so I'm gonna see if i can get some moment with this latest issue, I plan to make an issue 5 even if it doesn't but it might be a while. I hope you folks like it.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

This is really good stuff.

Mac9k5
Apr 5, 2011

evilmiera posted:

This is really good stuff.

Ah man, Thank you! I'm glad you liked it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mac9k5
Apr 5, 2011
What's up?! We're back baby! and we got the flash back issue! If you write what you wanna draw, you're gonna write the end of the world.

I don't finish the cover till about the middle of drawing the book. If i started with the cover, I'd never get anywhere.