Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I don't wanna grow up. I'm a Toys 'R Us kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

sharkytm posted:

Then you can loudly complain that your neighbor's shrubs are too leggy.

I don't know what this even means, but it sure did make me smile :D

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

slidebite posted:

Y'all backed up my gut. Thanks.

That sounds painful, consult a doctor

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

slothrop posted:

The offending image:

Saw these wine glasses and thought of you

Not to be creepy but I think you're cute, would go on a date. I also rock Hawaiian shirts on occasion.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Elviscat posted:

Congrats on the raise!

Yeah, prepare to be in bed from about hour 12-36 after the shot, I couldn't believe how hard round 2 knocked me on my rear end.

Are you guys getting the Pfizer or Moderna 2-shots? Everyone that I know that got the Moderna were knocked out for a couple of days after the first and second shot. No one I know that got the Pfizer had a strong reaction to the first shot.

I'm scheduled for the Pfizer on Friday.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

In my opinion, very few people can make a mustache work. But those that do, boy howdy they are hot! Slothrop is one of those that do.

My neighbor's boyfriend has one, and I think he looks like Cletus from the Simpsons.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Going through a lovely situation with a close friend right now. He lives in what would on a good day be considered a hoarding situation, on an average day disgusting. Diagnosed a month ago with stage 4 all-over cancer. He is completely unable to care for himself from a food, bathroom, or even getting out of bed perspective. His doctors and care network have all aligned that he needs to be in hospice to have a chance at any quality of life. He's refused to sign POA or any other documents over the past 2 years, basically says he's ready and then reneges at the last minute.

He's decided that he wants experimental therapy, despite no known opportunities existing. The hospital after a week of back-and-forth with him have transferred him to a sub-optimal nursing care facility. As of lunch yesterday he called an Uber and is back living at home. We can't help him while he's in the house. I personally break out in hives every time I go in.

So basically, we're having to tell him that we care, but there's nothing we can do to help him other than to get him into hospice when he's ready. And he thinks we've abandoned him, gone off the rails on social media, and pretty much shut us out.

It sucks when people are their own worst enemy :(

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Elviscat posted:

On a light note, I evacuated my corner of the office this morning, STR style, just blasting putrid stank rear end everywhere, I couldn't figure out what was wrong with me.

Then I remembered we did family St Paddy's day yesterday at my house, and I ate like a pound of my mom's excellent corned beef and cabbage, then I finished it off with a six pack of Guinness and a liberal amount of Jameson's when everyone else went home.

It's still there somewhere, I keep scaring the stray off my deck.

drat - you went from blowing your intestines into your ballsack to blowing your intestines onto your ballsack. That takes talent!

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

As a heads up (you may already know this) but they batch optimize the production. So the color/trim/options you pick can heavily influence where in the production schedule you fall.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I had an interesting occurrence in the grocery parking lot last night.

It's urban, tight parking, etc. I'm tired, mentally distracted with everything going on. A truck parked close to me on the passenger side, and as I was backing out I was paying a lot of attention to not hitting it instead of what was going on behind me. I hear/feel a thud and all kinds of lights on the dashboard and windshield - BRAKE! BRAKE! BRAKE!

I get out and find that I in fact did not hit the car behind me. I could stick my fist between our bumpers. I pulled out a flashlight to confirm - nope we didn't hit. It was the rear collision assist kicking in - so forcefully it felt and sounded like a collision. I guess it paid for itself :shrug:? Either way I was glad to not have to deal with a wreck on top of everything else.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

cakesmith handyman posted:

A good technology anecdote? Awesome. What were you driving?

Lincoln Corsair. Now that I've been 4 months with software stability, I'm loving it. It does a lot of things really well, and nothing notable badly.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

All I hear is the yodeler from The Price is Right

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I'm volunteering at our company shot site next week. It will be fun to see coworkers in person again.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I saw a thing on a desk in the office.

This poor bastard.
I want to be his friend.

He needs a wiring harness as much as he needs a friend. And a ride home.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Nope. An overwhelming majority are just looking for someone to argue with.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I'm finding (even within myself) that the pandemic has brought everyone's social skills down a notch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Cleanup on aisle 5