Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I still wear pants on weekdays. They're what signal me to get into work mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

slidebite posted:

But, I will admit, getting this extra 30-45 min sleep in on work days is nice and going to suck when I can't anymore. :(

I still wake up around the same time. I'm going to miss pre-work coffee+youtube hanging out on the couch with my cat time.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Congrats on your impending return to singledom.

I hope she thinks it's hilarious.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

When my wife and I moved in together, we worked out rent and bill payments proportional to the amount we earned. If you think that's equitable, you could suggest that to your GF.

Now that we've been together for eleven years, we just dump most of our money into the same pot and call it good.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

64bit_Dophins posted:

Also she told me point blank that if I did not get along with her friends it probably wouldn't work out between us.

The Spice Girls had a song about this.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I got on my work computer late last night to push some code to our staging environment. Spent a little bit of time testing it, then went to bed. When I got up, none of the things that worked last night worked any more!

After burning two hours trying to figure out what happened, it turns out one of the people in the Paris office pushed an older version into staging that undid my changes :argh:

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

RIP Paul Walker posted:

Do you happen to work for a conglomerate that does something with lightbulbs?

Nope! We just make software.

I'm pushing the newest version back into staging that should include *both* of our changesets. Fortunately I can use a CI pipeline started by somebody else, and it should only take 10 or so minutes for the changes to roll out.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Residency Evil posted:

Yeah, I've driven through Kentucky/West Virginia a few times, and I'm not sure there are any worthwhile roads between, say, Louisville and Denver.

I drove from Chicago - Denver via Badlands Nat'l Park and state highways in Wyoming a few years ago. That was a lot of fun. Take the northern route!

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Darchangel posted:

Dear Audi: please either educate your drivers that your cars have a REAR fog light that WILL come on when they turn on the front fog lights to look cool, and annoy the ever living gently caress out of everyone less than a mile behind them, or just remove the goddamned things, since no on in the US knows what they are or how they are use.
Thanks.

What is a rear fog light for? Ostensibly you turn it on in low-visibility conditions. But what does it do that your regular tail lights don't? Was I wrong to have it on that one time I drove across Finland in heavy snow at night?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Coredump posted:

I wonder what is the most amount of state borders you could traverse in the same distance from LA to SF assuming you went in a straight line.

I'm waiting for a build to finish at work, so I imagine 8 borders in 350 miles is very close to the upper limit.

Maine
New Hampshire
Mass
Connecticut
New York
NJ
Pennsylvania
Delaware
Maryland

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Bouncing off of Staten Island and back into NJ is a pro move.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

sharkytm posted:

:shiver:

I was on a whole pile of anti-depressants in college, including Wellbutrin XR. That stuff is such a crapshoot. Seriously, best of luck.

loving wellbutrin. I was put on that in college to treat ADD because they wanted me to quit smoking too. God dammit. I felt too worthless to attend followup appointments and just stopped taking it.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

sharkytm posted:

Different drugs help different people. Some people are fine on one drug and a low dose. Others (like me) needed the max dose of 4 drugs at once to not be completely hosed.

Yeah, this is super true. I'm finally talking to a therapist and a psychiatrist after thinking about it for years, and it's making me realize how different my life might have been if I'd had support and had gotten on the right meds at the right time.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

The Door Frame posted:

Adderall highs are too high and lows too low, I want a steady ability to get things done and to stay focused instead of a sharp jump up with 5 hours of focused momentum, followed by a hard crash

Are you on the extended release? I literally started on the smallest quick release adderall dosage on Wednesday and I see what you mean about it being peaky.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I just made crepes for breakfast, which I think makes me the official crepe maker in this household. Crepes are a *ton* easier than I thought they'd be.

redgubbinz posted:

That reminds me, I really need to pick up My Summer Car at some point

perkele

My Summer Car is one of the few things that makes me want to build a Windows machine.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

STR posted:

I'm a few minutes shy of 26 hours after my 2nd Moderna shot. I can't lift my left arm much at all. It was a little less sore from the first one for a good 2 weeks, but I had full range of motion within a day or two. Body aches are so, so much worse than they were with the first shot.

I got my second dose of Pfizer about an hour ago. So far so good, will update later. I took tomorrow off of work for unrelated reasons, but I might spend it in bed.

poo poo, I'm sorry slidebite. I hope y'all are able to move forward gracefully.

Re taxes, I decided to hire a CPA this year in lieu of paying Intuit again. Significant chunks of my income are going to start coming from stock now that I've been at my new job for more than a year, so I want a professional to sort that out.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Gog.com? Yeah, they're well known and respected.

I just caught a 12 hour Twitter suspension for saying "Memphis".

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

There's a bunch of theories as to who screwed up what, but Twitter is (was?) treating Memphis as private information, like someone's address.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

My wife is flying home to visit her mom and grandmother this weekend and, as much as I love her, I cannot loving wait to just bro out for a few days. We share about 600 square feet and it's been a very long year.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Iceland is going to start letting vaccinated Americans in! https://www.government.is/news/arti...ngen-countries/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I'm watching the Components series by Tim Hunkin on Youtube, and he absolutely loves lovely fluxcore mig welding with his bare hands right next to the torch. :catstare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo1oKkvCQUg&t=1520s