Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Krakkles posted:

drat, it's still March

Again even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Took my dad to some exams today, while driving home he basically admitted (under the effects of sedation) that he'd cheated on my mother years ago and now I'm very annoyed with him. They divorced 12 years ago but he was referencing events from 20 years ago.

Ugh.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh I know the sedatives probably rocked him pretty hard. But I keep thinking about that time in my life and some weird poo poo my mother has said over the years.

Bah. This poo poo is gonna bug me forever.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
WHen my grandmother was very near the end I was not around as much as I should have been. She'd slid into dementia and it was painful to watch and I'm a coward so I avoided going to mom's house. My mother and sister were there daily and seeing to her needs and comfort. I had visited once and she was dead silent and her eyes unfocused and it crushed me to see her that way so I wasn't keen on seeing her worse off. But I went when we all felt it was imminent and I sat by her bed for a short while. I got up to leave and said "I love you grandma" and I swear to god, her eyes focused and she said "I love you too Rhyno's real name" and then faded back out. My mother and sister were livid that I just waltzed back in at the last second and got a goodbye. She passed three days later I think and they said she didnt say another word. When we have petty fights, I pull the "clearly I was the most loved grandchild" card out. It always makes the fight worse but i'd be lying if I said it wasn't satisfying. Especially if the fight is over the brother I haven't spoken to in 3 years.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
gently caress you baltimore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sZuN0xXWLc&fbclid=IwAR0sxQCXdVLWNE1xfiRWxs0iewqdGhj6PHdqKpXJUuBNNH3XN7HfVfyRyto

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BraveUlysses posted:

just got a mystery direct deposit from my former employer after i've been unemployed for 6+ months? hope they didnt rehire me and forgot to tell me

Your TPS reports are really fuckin late

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I use a store brand melatonin free sleep aid, works pretty well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
STR you ollllllddddd.

I feel your pain. I used to order wings dripping in hot sauce, would finish the wings and then grab the wax paper from the basket and squeeze the sauce down my throat. Now that might actually kill me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Krakkles posted:

Good for the employee. I am 100% sure he doesn't get paid anywhere near enough to give the slightest gently caress about it.

When I was ~17 I helped stop an armed robbery of the store next door to the one I worked in, and holy poo poo, looking back on that a couple decades later, that was not the wise path.

In 2000 it was Borders store policy that employees were to chase shoplifters and recover stolen merch. Until an employee somewhere got stabbed and they quietly changed the policy.

Anyways, I doubt anyone remembers my dental issues from years ago (extreme pain at random times, finally my parents paid for my mouth to be fixed and the dentist did a hack job) but I made an appointment to see an extremely well review dentist after having insurance for nearly 3 years. I'm in pain again and can't mitigate it with toothache cream any longer.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

When I did security there were lots of fights at the bar, and i would just call the cops, stand there and watch.

People would scream at me to stop the fight. Lol gently caress you I don't get paid enough to get in the middle of a drunken fight, you stop the fight :v:

This is 100% why I finally quit that gig. I got my bell rang and said gently caress this poo poo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

You were a bouncer, right? So you're pretty much expected to break up fights and get physical with people. I don't know how much you were getting paid but yeah gently caress that poo poo it's not worth it.

I used to tell people all the time that would give me poo poo, I'm not a loving bouncer, I don't put my hands on anyone that's what the cops get paid to do.

Yeah, i took a stint in the kitchen and should have stayed there. I don't even remember the fight being that bad, I just broke up to guys screaming at each other and when I turned back around the other guy hit me just right and I was on my rear end. This only happened because the owner decided to be a cheap gently caress and fired the off duty cop who normally worked there with me.

That job also made me fat, unlimited wings and people buying you drinks all the time = 50 pounds heavier after the 9ish years i worked there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The lion, the witch and the audacity of that bitch

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Do I smell future-off-grid-cabin?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Dentist visit went well enough. My hands hurt from clenching the chair but that's just my whole fear/hate of dentists in general. Gonna cost about $450 out of pocket to fix everything which is nothing considering my last round of repairs was $3000 due to no insurance.

I'm genuinely curious what life without pain is like.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The hygienist was super chill but I was still tense as hell. Three tiny cavities clustered on the upper right and they're going to fully replace my chipped filling. Next Wednesday, I'm anxious but really looking forward to this being in my rear view.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man, work is kicking my butt this week. We just had one of largest customers place an insane order, double their pre covid order levels. They want lots of this stuff and it means basically unlimited overtime and I am here for that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We've lost a few to cancer, gently caress that loving poo poo.

Condolences slidebite.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That looks so good. We were going to go with white walls but the blue we picked out just looks so good with the gray laminate. One of these days I'll finish my setup down here.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Holy poo poo, that's exactly what I need for our home gym. And it's a half day trip to just pick them up rather than pay freight.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've finally made real progress in getting my basement put together and cleaned up and my newest cat is sitting in the middle of the room looking sad because all the boxes and things she played on and with are all gone.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
She has a cat tree and other crap upstairs!

We have a dedicated cat room here because we are crazy cat people.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fermented Tinal posted:

"We want someone with 10 years experience in field and will work for us for minimum wage for the rest of their life in an entry-level position because loyalty."

I was convinced I'd never be anything more than this. 13 years at the retail job for bullshit money but I stayed because they were my family . Then they threw me away like trash. God was I stupid.

But on the bright side, I've talked enough poo poo about them and their store that they can't seem to keep any staff longer than 6 months now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just got home from the dentist. Hopefully this fixed my pain issue and it's just normal checkups going forward.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's terrible man, my condolences. What part of Ohio are you trapped in?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

RIP Paul Walker posted:

Thanks everyone. It’s helpful to know feeling sad is normal.

Cleveland, the Mistake on the Lake.

How soon til you head back?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's not too far off. I hope you can maintain a semblance of mental health until you leave. I wouldn't bother getting a job if you can help it since you're leaving soon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Look Ohio sucks just as bad as Indiana, you're only kidding yourselves here.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

Hey Rhyno -- I think the DC Universe takes itself too seriously, and that makes it less enjoyable than Marvel... what say you?

One thing about Justice League -- they have the sub-bass cranked up and it shakes my house.

I agree. But Snyder makes the best looking super hero films.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They're opening vaccinations to 40+ next week so hopefully I can get chipped soon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
First fire now flooding?

What did Australia do to piss God off?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
How the gently caress have we not wiped cicada's our of existence?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
All things that annoy me must perish.

So uh, somebody do something about the Republicans

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
County website didn't update to 40&up but it still let me sign up and they'll contact me I guess.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Today we discovered that our kitchen is already plumbed for a gas stove which was an awesome bonus. Thanks to my cat for shoving her toy under there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Liquid Communism posted:

Nice! Is the stub in a good spot?

Yeah, it's offset so it shouldn't be any issue placing whatever gas stove we buy in place.

My wife wanted a gas stove so bad and it was the only thing the new house was missing so she flipped. We're planning on having the roof replaced in July so once that is done we'll start appliance shopping.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Utility and Supply guy came around the building and gave everyone set of knipex cutters today so that was nice.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

rdb posted:

I managed to drop an 84” tractor bucket across my foot, broke toes. Stupid quick attach lever was stuck and stupid me pushed on the bucket. Then, getting into the cab, busted a kneecap on the door frame. Tore something or another because it doesn’t bend well and has a new shape. Have a safe weekend, mine is pretty much over.

gently caress. Take care of that knee my man. You need both of those.
I video chatted with the ortho guy yesterday about my back, gonna head in next week for an in person exam but he seems confident I don't have a serious injury, just inflammation.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Getting vaxxed on Saturday!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Also I just want to see this fuckin NOBODY flick but it won't be streaming for a month and there's no way I'm ever going back to a dirty rear end theater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
CONTEXT
we were having a stupid discussion in the break room about how a town north of here is having a fuckin Klan meeting.

So this shithead I've never much liked just referred to the KKK as "the movement." That's a red flag. I just have to figure out if being a white supremacist is reportable to HR