Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
One of my biggest mistakes was paying my girlfriends rent (now ex wife). Where we got married and then expected to do nothing. I would advise against this and the girl hanging out with door heads when you are trying to stay sober is already enough to run.

Side thought: are people somehow getting free money? Because I can’t get anyone to do anything unless I call in favors. Literally have cash to pay and no one will fix a gutter, clean a floor etc... that I would trust knowing my address and even if I asked them I’d say 90% chance they would not respond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
The richest person I ever met was the realest person at a party I was at which had lots of singers, managers etc...

And we talked about Duke basketball in the corner all night drinking cheap beer.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
STR a 96k mile Matrix you already own is the smart answer, I say wistfully gazing upon my backyard with some of the most bizarre cars you can imagine. But I also understand wanting to be more comfortable.

And Elviscat what is this magic pill that will make me happy? I go to the doctor next week if anyone has a suggestion on something for anxiety or mental health I will research and ask about. I am on nothing now, my choice, to see how it would go for 6 weeks. Not going so good

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Coredump posted:

I've tried Effexor and Lexapro thus far. Effexor helped a lot with mood and dark thoughts but I switched off it for fear it was adding to insomnia. I went to Lexapro as it was suppose to have less of an effect on insomnia but I've gained a bunch of weight on it. This website pops up when trying to read about differences between them: https://www.singlecare.com/blog/effexor-vs-lexapro/

My biggest thing is I want to be able to sleep at night. We've tried Trazadone, Lunestra, and now Rozerem and nothing is touching it really.

https://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/insomnia-medications

One of my biggest issues is not being able to sleep, so I thank you for this. I absolutely do not want anything that is going to keep me up all night. I already have that down. I take a Benadryl and melatonin when I don’t have the kids (bc I want to be alert and awake) but I am worried about effects and Alzheimer’s later on. Much thanks for the reply

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Elviscat posted:

That was Builds Character replying to me, and specifically talking about ADHD meds.

What I do know about anti-depressants is that some work good with your brain some don't, it's up to you and your psych to figure out what, make sure you're very open and honest about your alcohol use and history, even try to find a psychiatrist who specializes in addiction, some drugs interact really badly with booze, but some can really help restore normal brain chemistry while recovering from addiction.

Thank you I really like my doctor but he specializes in opiate addictions which I do not have or use any drugs whatsoever even the green. I think I need to find someone who is more mental health. If I had something to suggest we try I think he would prescribe as I’ve turned down increases in anything for 2 years and he says no one does that. But he really respects it, I just think I might need something to get my brain happy but I don’t want to be on drugs

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Coredump posted:

I will say that Rozerem might be worth a shot for you. I can feel it making me sleepy in the evenings and it makes it easier for me to wake up in the mornings even if I don't get much sleep at night. My next plan is to try and combine Rozerem with Sonota since its supposed to be fast acting to see if that will work. I need to see about going thru the test for ADHD as ADHD sufferers have a hard time going to sleep at night as well.

I can understand and respect that. I didn't drink at all until I turned 30, much less anything else. But its reached a critical mass for me where its affecting my work not sleeping. At that point I knew I needed whatever help I could get.

Yes the sleep issue is messing with my business and life. I can’t be “sedated” bc I have kids and obviously they are priority. But no sleep and getting the kids to school... after it is hard to have the energy to do anything but lay around. I will research these suggestions and ask my doctor on Wednesday thank you

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Melatonin chat: I was taking 6mg, now when I do take it it’s 3mg. But I have a bottle from my mom which is 1mg I will try that.

Enough about that I need to post some pics of crazy cars! Will add after resizing them.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
TMI

everdave fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Mar 6, 2021

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
TMI

everdave fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Mar 6, 2021

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

builds character posted:

emptyquoting the poo poo out of this

Same

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Hey I do know exactly what it means. But I’m done with med chat I’ll talk to my doctor in a few days.

Edit: sorry to hear that 64bit

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
In 2021 that I can’t just pick my wifi printer when I bring my work Surface home to send a simple PDF to without downloading the freaking HP smart bullshit is beyond infuriating. I’m on the locked same network I have the printer password i set print you miserable piece of crap

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Turning 44 this week, and finally the car I picked to hopefully keep arrived. It exceeds every expectation. I think? I currently own 15-16 other JDM vehicles at the moment but I am keeping this one. 1995 Toyota Crown Majesta, 2JZ-GE VVT-i, 29k miles, absolutely mint. It’s big, comfortable and loaded with tech that was way before its time. (Yes there is a v8 badge on the back, almost every Majesta seems to have it added in Japan, it will be removed).

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Huh, they made a more luxury GS? Mad. Interior shots please, what's the rear like?

The Majesta is actually its own separate chassis, the flagship for Toyota (besides the handmade Century). Way bigger than a GS. Rear legroom is crazy.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Has anyone else had big delay getting tax refund back? I’ve done turbo tax past decade never been delayed. Supposed to deposit the 7th IRS site still says processing. I’ve never had it not deposit the day they said.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Humphreys posted:

After some advice from any computer touchers:

Ryzen 5 1600X has been working fine for years, never OCed, never abused. All of a sudden the PC got a bit laggy in windows and gaming is not even worth trying. Fired up CPU-Z and I'm seeing 1 core and 1 thread. Extremely not cool. Checked msconfig and in advanced settings, 1 CPU is only available.

What the gently caress is going on here?

That would be such an uncommon failure for the cpu to “go bad”. I would first assume software. Try updating the mobo bios. Uninstall any AMD software and restart computer and see what happens next.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Humphreys posted:

It literally happened after pulling a RAM card. All RAM is ok tested in 3 different systems. It was one boot - ok, drive homeand install another hard drive. I've reverted all hardware changes. No AMD software, defaults on BIOS. clear CMOS, waiting to get it back in my hands to do a BIOS upgrade which really should be anything to do with it. I've got a spare 2400G CPU and motherboard to do A-B testing with. Realyl got be buggered as something I have NEVER seen before.

I mean pulling a ram card there is that one in a million chance it fried something but it is just not something I take precautions with. I would look for an updated bios and then play swap-a-roo with ram sticks, starting with the minimum amount to boot.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

shy boy from chess club posted:

Sorry about your dad Paul Walker :(

Hah I just bought a commodore 64 and a floppy drive for it the other day to mess around with. I never had one of those, had a apple but I wanted to mess around with basic again for the nostalgia. Both of them came in the original boxes and the power supply for the 64 is dead but the computer itself looks so mint. Same with the 1541. I finally have some time off from work to play too.

If you would like a bunch of c64 copied games on floppy and some boxed games I am trying to downsize and I can’t bear to toss the stuff. Just pay shipping. PM me if you want it.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I am glad y’all are able to get the vaccine. I just got an email that my county has plenty and I can when I get back to town. But does anyone have reservations about something. That came out so quickly? Are there no concerns or drawbacks?

I am asking not a conspiracy theory. I just try to not take medicine unless I have to. I will be signing up just wondering if we really know if there are side effects

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

T-Square posted:

Think of it this way. The likeliest worst outcome from a vaccine is a fever and feeling lovely for a couple days.

Then there’s the worst outcome from COVID which is you being dead. Don’t worry about vaccine side effects, just get it when you’re able to.

Oh already filled out the form I just haven’t seen anything questioning it, but I don’t really talk to anyone except about cars

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Already reg’d just waiting on email with date. Says we have the M or Pfizer and won’t know til you get there what it is.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Got my vaxappointment tomorrow, on my birthday, at 12:30. Hope it doesn’t make me feel like crap. It says Moderna

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

NitroSpazzz posted:

There's a chance, not great but not zero, that my staph infection came from my vaccine shot. I'd do it again, get the drat shot.

How? I am terrified of stuff like that.

Honestly I am not getting the shot for myself but for my kids. But I didn’t even think of it til after I confirmed my appointment but I need to travel for some business soon and to Japan once they open back up, and I’ll probably need a vax record anyways. So lunchtime tomorrow I’ll have my first dose up in me.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I did not know I got a probation ha. I asked about vax because I know there are very smart guys here who would know the scoop. I get the first dose 12:30 today, I will admit I am stressed out but a lot of that has to do with being on vacation with my kids for the past 10 days and now they are at their moms and it sucks. Hopefully all is fine after the dose and according to most it should be. I have a tiny fire truck being delivered today so at least I can play with the siren after.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I am about to go to town on my backyard before everything blooms. I have 2 electric chainsaws and a tiny battery powered one I impulse bought from Amazon on vacation. I fully expect to destroy all of these this week but it will be much cheaper than paying someone to do it.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Got Pfizer took 45 minutes now waiting to make sure I don’t turn I guess? National Guard doing the shots

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I have an ancient Craftsman electric that was one of my granddads and a good brand pole saw (that I just use as a small saw). I bought this bizarre little handheld chainsaw that takes Makita batteries as I want to get back in the brush and cut some stuff away, we will see if it’s crap or not, if it sucks I’ll send it back to Amazon. I should not browse deal sites at 6 am at the beach while the kids are still asleep.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I always try to think simply. Have you charged the battery? Lights can work with a crap battery. Start from the beginning. I’d immediately investigate spark first that is the simplest. How old is the battery?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

stellers bae posted:

Carvana is willing to buy my pinstriped 2020 4Runner with 17k hard miles... for $1k less than what I paid for it. Wow. I bet I could make a profit on it selling private party.

Sold my Hyundai for a little less than I paid, as someone who sells cars every day go with Carvana if you are happy with the amount. But 4Runners are a different world yes you could get more just depends on your pain tolerance level.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
My county in TN just opened vax to anyone over 16. No restrictions

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Your hair looks fine/good 64, keep rocking what you are happy with.

The gold star BS I am supposedly good for travel with my newly renewed passport and apparently my TWIC card is a backup in the US at airports.

But I see no reason for having to jump through any hoops they have every piece of me in government computers and multiple federal background checks, seems garbage I need to do anything else.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Fermented Tinal posted:

I have a friend with a 2011 Prius that had a mouse get into the HVAC and it chewed a huge hole in the blend door. It seems like you can't replace this door without replacing the entire lower blower housing which is $lol. I can't find a part number for the door itself. It seems like the actuator for the door goes in these cars often enough that all I can find about this door leads to the actuator. Anyone here have a suggestion?

I get part numbers for JDM Toyota’s with awesome diagrams from the VIN. A 2011 I have to imagine there are wrecked ones, row 52 is one site. Have you checked eBay? Toyota has a part # for everything figure that out and it will be much easier.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Fermented Tinal posted:

I understand you're trying to help but I have done those things, that is why I asked here. This is the only diagram I've been able to find that even has it marked. It's #1:

This diagram on on Toyota.com shows the lower blower housing but it shows a completely blanked out area where this part is and in the bottom right of the diagram you can even even more that it lacks this particular part. The entire housing is over $600 USD and considering that a mouse damaged this one I'd be surprised if junkyard ones are in any better condition.

https://parts.toyota.com/a/Toyota_2011_Prius-Base/_72801_6710845/HEATING--AIR-CONDITIONING---COOLER-UNIT/222430-8714.html

E: As it looks on the car:

To me it looks like a one-way flap valve of some sort and not a blend door like in the first diagram. I've asked my friend to pop out the three tabs and see what happens.

I see blend doors / similar on eBay for $50 something. Everyone breaks down Toyotas I can’t spend a lot of time on it. 2010-15 Prius ac dash assemblies seem cheap and plentiful

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Need the VIN first few digits

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Fermented Tinal posted:

So you didn't see blend doors on ebay?

Well if you would give me non identifying first few digits of vin I could. Or I found multiple 10-15 Prius at junkyards. Where I live I would never expect a rodent problem. If that is something in your area maybe it is not a feasible option. Good luck on your search.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Fermented Tinal posted:

You said you saw blend doors for $50, now you want a vin number I don't have before you'll link me to the blend doors you claim to have already found. Meanwhile, in two posts meatpimp confirmed my findings, instead of acting like I don't know how to find parts for a Toyota while claiming to have found what I'm looking for without providing a link.

I am just a weirdo on the internet looking for a part for a complete stranger. Don’t feel like doing that anymore. Hope you find the part.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Fermented Tinal posted:

No, I'm just a weirdo on the internet looking for a part for a complete stranger. You're being a condescending rear end in a top hat.

Then you take it there. Go gently caress yourself dude or dudette I took time out of my day to search parts sites.

Done with it.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
An aerodeck is a dream but they kind of don’t make sense? Like my entire yard full of JDM vehicles. The aero accord (which I haven’t seen one in quite a while at auction) is still just an accord, which I’m a fan of.

I have a Daihatsu Mira selling today that will probably be way under $10k which is a shame

Honda Today/ Toyota Starlet / Nissan Pulsar (not the GTI obviously) and many others can be had super reasonably. Heck I’m excited about a 24k mile manual 4 door Suzuki Alto (hatch) that’s coming this week.

The old more fun to drive a small/underpowered car fast than a fast car slow. I love the little hatches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I just read an article about how Tony Stewart offered up his dirt track (Eldora Speedway in Ohio) and like idiots NASCAR declined. Nah lets go ahead and fill Bristol full of loving dirt great idea.

When Richard Petty says publicly this is dumb they should probably listen. Plus who cleans up the dirt after? Sounds horrific