Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
its a shame Dems left #metoo dead in a ditch to protect Joe Biden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
If your state or locality isnt being all that strict just loving lie and get your vaccine

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
my local chud government completely gave up to the point they stopped counting deaths but luckily the hospitals stepped up and hosted massive vaccination drives where despite it being 1a/1b the only thing they checked was whether you were the person in your photo ID so they could fill out your vaccination record. this is all highly local but register anyways and try to get vacc'd. the worst that happens is you still wait.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
im sorry some sociopath's dogs bit someone

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
the funniest part of school breakfast/lunches is it was born directly from Great Depression era childhood malnutrition leading to poor recruits for the military.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
I mean we openly murdered a US leftist last year and the President at the time bragged about it but sure let's keep pretending that were gonna bipartisan our way out of this

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Cugel the Clever posted:

You're absolutely right, the US should take a larger stand against Russian imperialism in Syria. I'd prefer rebuilding our alliances and targeted punitive measures against elites over further risking peoples' lives, though.

i say we leave the area entirely before we get another well earned 9/11 but then again i dont have a vested interest in the forever war

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Sacrist65 posted:

So, if I understand this correctly... drat near zero interest rates have caused rent seeking corporations to gobble up real estate at at like a 50% -100% premium, because they believe their ROI will be north of drat near zero and there is no better risk adjusted investment?

So the price of real estate keeps shooting up but the underlying (income generating) value of the property doesnt and can someone explain to me how this doesnt end in another 2008 scenario?

anyone with actual cash is buying up commercial property because it still makes money. that being said, the entire sector is still dominated by firms who are leveraged out of their rear end and cannot adjust rates downward otherwise the entire house of cards collapses. companies are continuing to abandon absolutely massive amounts of space that isn't going to be leased any time soon, or for current prices. the commercial real estate market is a zombie and everyone involved knows it, but no one wants to be the first to blink.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
There are people in this very loving thread who will argue that we can't do anything because Republicans might try to do something worse in response.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
My local chud elected government gave up on covid months ago but luckily the hospitals got together and figured out vaccination plans and are just jabbing literally anyone who wants it. Given how many Texans don't want the vaccine as a matter of pride, the come one, come all model is working well

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
any news org that wants to be close to government is going to be inherently conservative and the BBC is about as incestuous as it gets in terms of that

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
VVG going "ah, well, nevertheless" pretty perfectly encapsulates everything wrong with the military

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I really hope they don’t bring back that god loving awful proposal to make it illegal for people on the terrorism watch list to buy guns. Doubling down on one of the worst excesses of the GWOT and then getting sulky when people point out what a civil liberties nightmare it would be is not a good look for what passes for our “progressive” party.

i have a feeling that after having explained to them the nightmare it'd create for the security state they wont attempt it

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
there is not a single meaningful gun control measure that will survive the current Supreme Court

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
https://twitter.com/rmcfadzean/status/1374457942099980295?s=20

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is evergreen the name of the shipping company or what becasue that is definitely not given

yes, Ever Given of the Evergreen Marine Corp

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

ManMythLegend posted:

Jesus loving Christ.

So glad that the odds are high I'll never have to make that transit again.

the crew of the Ever Given has your back

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

why don't they simply web the freighter until it warps

its stuck between the POS and the CHA

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
why dont we just cut out the middle man and kill the poors instead of this wishy washy "sin tax" bullshit. then you'd get to achieve your beautiful utopia of the rich not being bothered by them.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
great another 3 pages of morons blaming everyone else but the dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Soylent Pudding posted:

Conservative judicial philosophers were always made up bs to justify doing what they wanted, and abandoned whenever they got in the way. During the Trump admin one of the leading architects of said philosophies straight up published an article saying "these were just political ploys but now that McConnell and Trump stacked the judiciary we can impose fascism from the bench".

But a generation of conservative lawyers have grown up studying these interpretation philosophies and taking them at face value. So sometimes they'll miss the part about being a fig leaf and apply them in ways that are not immediately what conservatives want. That's why on one hand you have Alito nakedly choosing the most conservative position possible but Gorsuch giving half of Oklahoma back to the tribes because that's the literal wording of the treaty.

Alito is easily the most disingenuous one on the bench, he's basically Scalia but with no charisma.