Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

CBJSprague24 posted:

I still don't get the inconsistency that so many people have been held accountable for doing stupid, racist things in the past, but Prince Harry gets a pass for wearing a Nazi costume to a party when he was old enough to know better.

He was 17 and that was almost 20 years ago. Do I think someone that wore a nazi costume while coming from a family with actual nazi ties should be prime minister? No. But there is a middle ground between that and being perma shunned by society.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Mar 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

lmao that tweet combo is amazing

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Pine Cone Jones posted:

A serious question, how long can the culture war stuff go on for.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Years_of_Lead_(Italy)

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

"we raised everyone's wages" is an easy victory that is very straight forward to explain to the population in how it helped them.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

You do realize that if the government was to raise the minimum wage it would save them money as less people would need benefits? Or do you think that the government would be like, subsidizing wages of anyone making below 15 and covering the difference?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

petercat you're literally still in the military shut the gently caress up forever

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/statu...ingawful.com%2F

AOC and other New York reps have told Cuomo to resign and that's his response

love to see aoc trying to cancel someone that just happens to be a minority

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Kazinsal posted:

Yeah, having seen some of the SCADA security in the energy sector firsthand, full-scale international cyberwarfare is basically MAD without (most of) the nasty radioactive unpleasantness.

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Cyber Warfare Real Hahahaha Just Walk Away From The Screen Close Your Eyes Haha

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Cugel the Clever posted:

lol, they're not there to secure the oil for 'MERICA, oil is just one of the major revenue sources for the various militias/extremists. The troops are the to ensure the piddling amount of oil doesn't serve as a lifeline for IS. Which is not and never was what is meant by "blood for oil". Though there's a lot to question about the overall strategy and endgame, dropping a handful of troops into key areas to shore up the Kurds is a pretty effective tactic.

Doubly so if it means more Russian mercs/unflagged soldiers get iced.

lol, they're not there to secure the oil for 'MERICA, oil is just one of the major revenue sources for Saddam. The troops are the to ensure the piddling amount of oil doesn't serve as a lifeline for the Republican Guard. Which is not and never was what is meant by "blood for oil". Though there's a lot to question about the overall strategy and endgame, dropping a handful of troops into key areas to shore up Kuwait is a pretty effective tactic.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Mark Wahlberg was convicted of a hate crime and he isn't cancelled.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

A Bad Poster posted:

Yeah, but if he was on one of the planes on 9/11 he totally would have stopped those hijackers.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

getting rid of the filibuster is dumb if dems aren't going to pass any legislation that would require the filibuster being gone in the first place.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

You know what? Go gently caress yourself. I left your discord because I was sick to death of you making GBS threads on me constantly, now you've apparently got it in your head that I'm some kind of bootlicker when I'm just sick to death of your bullshit. gently caress you and gently caress off.

cops bad

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

If I was in a position to expect to be vaccinated by May, I'd be so goddamn happy.

Europe is turbofucked.

How are you worse off than us? we've been intentionally making things worse

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Bored As gently caress posted:

gently caress that, the NYPD could easily charge racist assholes with harassment, even if they don't do anything physical.

They'd at least get a ticket.

https://twitter.com/RichPhelps/status/1372257212966440960

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

cops would arrest black people for saying the n word

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Platystemon posted:

When you think about it, a greater proportion of Europe’s population is white than America’s, so screwing them out of vaccines was the least racist thing ‘someone’ has ever done.

The so‐called America First policy has been racist since its inception, long before the pandemic, and it is disastrous for America’s interests in the long term, but the alternatives in this case never involved the third world getting a fair share of vaccines.

yeah but europe is full of liberals

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Defenestrategy posted:

Here's my hot take:

Elon Musk isn't going to help end child hunger or make earth sustainable, or any of that other bullshit, otherwise he'd be doing that instead of loving around with SpaceX, but it is at least feasible the poo poo SpaceX is doing, failures and all, may actually help push advancement in various tech that may help with the aforementioned problems.

"Capitalism is the extraordinary belief that he nastiest of men, for the nastiest of reasons, will somehow work for the benefit of us all." John Maynard Keynes

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

great another 3 pages of morons blaming everyone else but the dog

No its unironically the owners fault for putting the dog in an unfamiliar, loud place with a lot of new people walking around. And then keeping him there after the first time he bit someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/edburmila/status/1377073188790804480?s=19

I think this is what is setting off everyone's uncanny valley feel, he looks like an incorrectly formed Matthew Perry blended with Jimmy Neutron.

I'm thinking more david boreanaz, the guy from Bones