Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Pine Cone Jones posted:

So I've heard there are folks who just check for appointments for covid shots, is this a real thing and if so how do you find them. My husband has been trying to get an appointment but everything is booked pretty solidly.

If you're in the US it depends entirely on the state. In some states it's per county so it's even more of a mess. In many cases the fastest way is to call the distribution sites directly (as Icon of Sin pointed out because literally all goons are from NC, here in NC you can call Walgreens or CVS or Novant/Atrium Health).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Defenestrategy posted:

Yea, I don't get how someone over the age of 13 ends up getting bit outside of the dog being trained to outright attack. I've never seen a dog go from just placidly hanging out to biting, usually theres a lot of obvious warnings you're about to be bit.

There are some really bad dog owners out there though, and you don’t get to send dogs to school where they find out that their dog parents didn’t do a good job of raising them

Also I’ve seen your example that never happens a lot and lol that you’re blaming people for being attacked by untrained animals

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Nuclear War posted:

That's basically it. "no bad weather just bad clothes" and yeah. it was bizarre at times, these insanely professional dudes, but still wearing tennis socks and a cotton t shirt under a huge parka.
Ran a (I think) Arizona NG guy down off a mountain on a snowmobile one year cause he'd fallen asleep with his legs in the cold-ditch in the tent.
US servicemen are the best though, always friendly and usually aware that there's poo poo they might not know. The Spanish in ankle boots or the British are way worse.

I was always a little envious ngl, went up to Tromsø to visit and run the half-marathon they have up there that is done at 2 PM in the dark. 69 degrees North hell yes 15 dollar beers hell no

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I think most people in GIP don’t have the lived experience of a murder victim though

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

piL posted:

How should the guidance have read?

This is a trick question and there's no possible configuration of words where people wouldn't have read the first few words then run away yelling with their fingers in their ears, as this thread has recently proven