Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

:bisonyes:

Hope you don't have to piss, Ron!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dumbocrats imo.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

hey since we've started up drone strikes again (as if we've ever stopped since 2001) is it time to update the smdftb shirt?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/MuskTillDawn/status/1367588349716750338?s=20

joe what are you doing

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Defenestrategy posted:

lol, this is the equivalent of me going

"we should establish a 24/7 NOC that responds to crisis on the network" after the cause of a breach was the CEO being really stupid with his account and telling security to make him an exception to every rule.

The gently caress is a QRF gonna do if the president is, again, going to dip their toe beyond the pool of standard republican fascism. Stand there with their thumb up their rear end while congress gets executed.

Nah, the QRF could literally, unilaterally, without the President's OK, deploy within DC to supress "Civil disturbances". Currently the DC National Guard requires the President's express consent to deploy.

It's a bad recommendation, that could be used for very bad things.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Mar 9, 2021

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Bored As gently caress posted:

Countdown to the QRF auctioning off the Presidency.

Removing the requirement of the presidential OK to deploy your forces, does move it into the realm of "not likely, but quite possible".

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

maffew buildings posted:

I know when I think "beta male metrosexual" it's dude whose deployment as a forward air controller got cut short due to the public finding out who later went back and then married a super hot actress, and not a small faced man who complains on the internet about The Libs

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Christ I'm an actual subject of them and I care about it way less than this thread seems to

What gives

Charlie Small-Face Kirk talking about Harry saying he's a "beta male metrosexual" when the guy almost certainly has been shot at and shot back at people in an active warzone is loving hilarious to me.

see also

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Who doesn’t like pointing and laughing when you find out that the hoity-toity part of the extended family is just as stupid, racist and dramatic as yours?

orange juche fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Mar 9, 2021

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Iran Air flight 655

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

PeterCat posted:

Since my wife worked 9 months in 2019 and 12 months in 2020 we qualified for both Trump checks but won't get the Biden check.

$600 + $0 != $2000.

cry me a fuckin river dude you kept your job.

there's a lot of people who are out of work or are barely holding poo poo together that this will help, you didn't need that 1400 bucks nearly as much as they did.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

A good way to imagine an actual no poo poo cyberwar would wind up with one side or both sides swiftly reduced to banging rocks together to make fire as the entirety of modern infrastructure collapses.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Kazinsal posted:

MSPs with government contracts would become accidental mercenaries for a brief, terrifying moment.

The way its been explained to me is everyone (nation-states) is sitting around the table with a pistol aimed at each other's balls re national critical infrastructure, the only thing that keeps it from erupting into an all out firefight is that everyone is self interested in not dying themselves, so they keep it low level for the most part.

Eventually someone's going to gently caress up and it is going to get really stupid really quick, hopefully I'm living in the backwoods off the grid when it does.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

is the bidenbux taxable? asking for a friend ^

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Time Crisis Actor posted:

Goddamnit. Cybersecurity is terrifying

It's a loving hellscape, there's a reason IT folks drink heavily.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

Mark wahlberg has perpetrated several hate crimes I think you'll find

namely marky mark and the funky bunch, also their "Make my video" game for the sega cd lmao, got a 0/10.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Mar 16, 2021

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

lmao

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

seriously loving E.T. got reviewed better than a 0/10, imagine having a worse game than E.T.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Ricky has himself a "Catch 23 situation"

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

gently caress that guy, he's a piece of poo poo

What did terry crews do

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CainFortea posted:

Did he do that?

Repeatedly, the article even acknowledged it.

gently caress it though, UP THE BUM NO BABY says he's a piece of poo poo

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Acebuckeye13 posted:

If you live in one of these states, it's good time to call your senator's office:

https://twitter.com/MorePerfectUS/status/1372220734831960067?s=20

why's manchin not on the list, does he actually want to change the filibuster?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

So there may be a connected reason why the Cherokee Police are saying he just had a bad day....

https://twitter.com/RichPhelps/status/1372257212966440960?s=20

motherfucker looks like a thumb

master race my rear end

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

facialimpediment posted:

The above is confirmed by NYT.

https://twitter.com/daveyalba/status/1372307771371163655

When people gently caress up like that, and the context doesn't help them all that much, don't give them the benefit of the doubt. Chances are, their real self is coming out when their filter temporarily went down.

Literally nothing will happen, nothing in the south has more local power than a sheriff, they're basically little god-kings, since the sheriff's dept isn't a police department (which would ostensibly be regulated by the municipality) and can write their own rules of conduct with no oversight. It's loving stupid but it's built as another way to keep minorities down.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

:perfect:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/SuzyNakamura/status/1372653340002193410?s=20

In case anyone was curious about exactly what would happen to the mass murderer and the Cherokee County sheriff's department officer who stuck up for him saying he had a bad day.

"Captain Baker had a bad day, the worst day of his entire 28 years and by the way he really supports the local Asian-American community" (please ignore his racist as gently caress Chy-na shirt side hustle)

Where's general sherman when you need him

orange juche fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Mar 19, 2021

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Platystemon posted:

Simple farmers. People of the land. The common clay of the New West.

You know... Morons

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Brute Squad posted:

Chuck Lorre (of Big Bang Theory fame, among others) is making a new sitcom. It's about an interpreter gaining asylum and moving in with a GWOT vet he worked with. It's also one of worst things I've ever seen in my life.

https://twitter.com/saeedtaji/status/1372949606204649483?s=20

Christ

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Brute Squad posted:

No laugh track. No music. No jokes. Just deadeye staring at the camera telling the world how we failed them. Every week.

its going to be chuck lorre laugh track bullshit tho so don't count on any self reflection of how hosed up a goddamn sitcom about a terp coming to america is

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

e: let's hope it's just someone jumpy and not real but who knows anymore

why the gently caress do they hop on the outside of the trucks fucks sake

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

PeterCat posted:

People at Ft Hood are more pissed about a homework assignment than anything else going on down there. Responses are incoherent pablum about "the government" and "woke" teachers.

Personally I'd like to see the context of the assignment and I think it's a fair set of questions.

https://kdhnews.com/news/education/...aign=user-share

These are actually good questions, of course insecure idiots are going to get bent up about the questions though because troop can never be bad/do bad/might makes right

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

It would be awesome if a parent (im assuming these questions were given to students who were children of AD military folks) actually gave a a nuanced answer instead of RAGH HOW DARE YOU QUESTION MY SERVICE WOKE LIB COMMIE TEACHER

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Noted nutcase Mike Lindell made a website

The website's name? Frank.

Just Frank.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

God dammit

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

this will work out wonderfully i am sure

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

boop the snoot posted:

We would all pay it so I don’t see why they don’t pass it.

It's a regressive tax that takes from the poor disproportionately, since the poor generally live further away from their places of work, as well as living in places that have poor public transportation.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Stultus Maximus posted:

The gas tax is no different and this way wealthier people who can afford electric cars still have to pay.

two wrongs do not make a right

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Platystemon posted:

The limit is exposure. They only got thirty-some infections in the unvaccinated cohort, right?

front line staff are still going to be masked up with N95s, tyvek-ed up, splatter shield, gloves, booties, etc. There's as many barriers as is possible between them and their patients, so we probably won't get a real feel for how effective it is until you get enough shots into joe blow who wears a mask sometimes when it doesn't make his face itch.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I'm getting the Pfizer poke on Sunday, wish me luck lol

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Ugh are we in 2022 yet

orange juche fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Mar 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwy-h1aisbE