Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Buffalo fire sale.wmv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

That quote from Ralph about Skinner is so bad. I will personally punch Ralph Krueger in the face if he ever talks that way about my beautiful son Jeffy Skinny ever again.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Having less wins than Detroit is a terrible embarrassment.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Cocaine Bear posted:

Buffalo fire sale.wmv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I40HfH1UiXo

We really need a 2021 version of this

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/markscheig/status/1368421999811457026

I hate this league.

Kilza posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I40HfH1UiXo

We really need a 2021 version of this

What I didn't realize until years after that came out was there was a Part 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyLBXYqt3nM

Korpisalo+Domi+Savard+Dubinsky's cap hit+pick for Eichel and a throw-in of some sort c'mon Buffalo, who says no? You need...well...lots of pieces, so let's just say YOU NEED GUYS LIKE THESE!

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Mar 7, 2021

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

That quote from Ralph about Skinner is so bad. I will personally punch Ralph Krueger in the face if he ever talks that way about my beautiful son Jeffy Skinny ever again.

I am not at all a Jeff Skinner fan, but lol it couldn't be any clearer that Krueger knows he's getting fired and is just trolling now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jeff Skinner sucks rear end and is a garbage person.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

In retrospect it was pretty insane that the Sabres gave $9mx8 to a guy who had a career high of 63 points and had been averaging a 55 point pace to that point in his career.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Aphrodite posted:

Jeff Skinner sucks rear end and is a garbage person.

Lol, rekt.

I'm p sure I saw someone here ask this already, but how many tens of millions did hall shave of his career earnings with that Buffalo signing stunt? I hard to imagine it going worse for him.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Probably depends who had money on the table for him this off-season. Hall's bigger problem is the cap going absolutely no where again this year. However, depending on how Seattle shakes out there could be better offers this summer if some teams can clear cap. Better question is who grabs him as a rental and what it costs.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Taylor Hall is not a smart man

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Taylor Hall is not a smart man

He is pretty good at hockey though, but agreed that he seems pretty dumb.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1368694785662410762

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/MollieeWalkerr/status/1368701809024466947

Wheeee

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Carlo should be able to appeal it.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Cocaine Bear posted:

Lol, rekt.

I'm p sure I saw someone here ask this already, but how many tens of millions did hall shave of his career earnings with that Buffalo signing stunt? I hard to imagine it going worse for him.

It's hard to say because he hit UFA in the worst possible year, but supposedly 25 teams showed serious interest in him. It's unlikely anyone was offering a big money multiyear deal in October, but he bet on the pandemic being a one year thing and took the short term deal.

He'll be thirty this year, I can't imagine he'll get that 7 year $70m+ deal he'd been banking on anymore. I figure he'll either resign in Buffalo or take a short deal reclamation deal somewhere. Either way, this has gone about as terribly as could be imagined for him.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Hall, Eichel and Jeff Skinner having a combined 6 goals between them after Skinners goal tonight owns. What a trainwreck

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
I think in 'normal' times Hall might have gotten something similar to Panarin. Unfortunately, with the economics being what they are, it is really hard to say. 5x6.5-7? Would anyone do 6x8mil? Hall has probably missed out on at least idk 1.5 to 2 mil a year per because of pandemic.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Apparently Wilson won't be appealing his suspension.

Too bad, we could've had a situation where Bettman actually increased someone's suspension

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Lmao Scott Wedgwood shut out the Bruins.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

ThinkTank posted:

It's hard to say because he hit UFA in the worst possible year, but supposedly 25 teams showed serious interest in him. It's unlikely anyone was offering a big money multiyear deal in October, but he bet on the pandemic being a one year thing and took the short term deal.

He'll be thirty this year, I can't imagine he'll get that 7 year $70m+ deal he'd been banking on anymore. I figure he'll either resign in Buffalo or take a short deal reclamation deal somewhere. Either way, this has gone about as terribly as could be imagined for him.

If I had to guess I'd say he turned down a few 6-7 year deals wroth 6.5+ and he'll likely never be offered a contract like that again. Props to him for doing what he wanted and trying to game the system. Shame the whole "sign cheep and play with an elite C then get flipped to a contender" went about as badly as possible but at least he tried. Not like he'll ever want for anything but still a pretty funny self own.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Hall will absolutely get 6.5 per again lmao

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

For 7 years after he turns 30?!

Yeah, you're probably right. NHL GMs are very dumb.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Zucc got 5x6 at 32. I think Hall is unlikely to get a 7 year deal unless it's a discount. 6x6.5 I could see from a few teams.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

It'll all depend on where he gets moved at this deadline and how he performs with his new team.

If he puts up respectable numbers there you can bet a lot of GMs will convince themselves he was just tainted by the curse of being on buffalo and toss him a long term deal worth 7-8 mil per

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I didn't realize Hall only had two goals. That's a yikes. How is that even possible? He's not that old.

e: Holy poo poo Eichel also only has two goals? what the gently caress

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
and Taylor Hall will still die in a burning Maserati

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

I didn't realize Hall only had two goals. That's a yikes. How is that even possible? He's not that old.

e: Holy poo poo Eichel also only has two goals? what the gently caress

3% shooting and he isn't really an out and out goal scorer. Only been 30+ once with 2 other seasons where with a full 82 he would have hit it.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I don't think it qualifies as wild speculation to suggest that the Sabres quit on Krueger a long time ago and Eichel and Hall are very much included in that.

It's pretty surprising Eichel hasn't requested a trade honestly, absolutely no one outside of Buffalo would blame him.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
What do you think of this idea? Would you pull the trigger?

https://twitter.com/mckennaconor/status/1366206185133776897

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

fawning deference posted:

They need as many future assets as possible and to clear more cap. Zajac isn't going anywhere, I think Gusev and Vatanen are definitely gone. Murray and Kulikov they may try to re-sign at least one of them. Palmieri I think might go since they can get a lot for him.

I think Gusev, Vatanen and Palmieri are the guys they can trade. Maybe Suban? He's been a little better this year but overall bad. Maybe Severson? They could probably get something for Wood but you'd hope that he would be on the next good Devils team since he's young.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The Philadelphia Flyers are dogshit garbage

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/DimFilipovic/status/1368752516800737282

:catstare:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

The Pittsburgh Penguins are back to the Win part in Win but we may die. What a confusing team.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

CocoaNuts posted:

I know Suzuki is perfectly good but any Habs fan that wouldn’t be ecstatic about this deal is insane. Neither Suzuki or Romanov comes close and the first won’t be that valuable. I think Eichel gets underrated being on the Sabres.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

CocoaNuts posted:

if buffalo takes that (or any equivalent) the team making it would be ecstatic

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

There are a handful of players that are franchise changing and Eichel is 100% worth acquiring.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
RAS I could only watch the first period tonight and I just gave the highlights a watch. Looks like just a whole bunch of odd man chances for Pittsburgh the rest of the game, did we put up any fight at all or was it more or less a continuation of that 1:10 or whatever it was where we allowed 3 goals?

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Drunk Canuck posted:

There are a handful of players that are franchise changing and Eichel is 100% worth acquiring.

Why isn’t he changing the Sabres franchise then wise guy :colbert:

e: also a nice summation of Calgarys powerplays:

https://twitter.com/dimfilipovic/status/1368776564054265857?s=21

The Dirty Burger fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Mar 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/thegoldenmuzzy/status/1368757696602767363

'Grats PAS?