Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

a new study bible! posted:

Any good articles on trade deadline shenanigans? Who's getting moved?

Hopefully Bledsoe and maybe Lonzo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

morestuff posted:

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1367882930383708168?s=20

Genuinely don't know where he'd fit but I'm guessing he's got something lined up

I guess a bunch of teams

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1367885382004568066?s=20

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Blake would be an excellent "Extra not-quite-a-ball-handler" for the Clippers, and the franchise might be down with letting him retire there.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I'd be surprised if Blake would want to go back to the clips.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

ready to pretend that blake still has something left in the tank

Veryslightlymad posted:

Clippers are the real paper tiger, second year in a row.

deffo think the clippers are worse even though they upgraded at coach

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Maybe he was dogging it but he does not look like he can give anyone good minutes.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

Maybe he was dogging it but he does not look like he can give anyone good minutes.

A contender will definitely kick the tires but yeah he seems like he's finally cooked. Too bad; his little mini-renaissance a couple years ago was a lot of fun.

Then again Nic Batum is somehow an important piece for a contender this year so who loving knows.

Kibner posted:

Hopefully Bledsoe and maybe Lonzo.

I know Lonzo generates lots of annoying tweets or whatever but he's been really good over the last month or two since they started using Zion more as a ball handler.

Bledsoe stinks but I also can see why they wouldn't want to deal him unless they're getting another vet point guard back now that they're back in the playoff picture. I like Kira a lot but going with him as the starting point guard is a big ask if you're trying to win now to some extent.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

I'm guessing the trade deadline is going to be pretty quiet, there's literally like 27 teams left with a chance at the playoffs. Play-in game killing trade action, the league's golden goose

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
He gave his all during the season we got swept by the bucks. And they did nothing to help him out. I think it's safe to say the pistons made his injury problems exponentially worse just so Giannis could run the floor on us with higher ticket sales.

Very glad he'll get a chance to go somewhere nice with a shot at a ring. I liked Blake even if he was awful defensively and had games that made me want to tear my hair out.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

AggressivelyStupid posted:

deffo think the clippers are worse even though they upgraded at coach

I like how everyone was dogging Rivers for not playing Zubac more so they get a new coach who also isn't playing Zubac more.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

MourningView posted:

Then again Nic Batum is somehow an important piece for a contender this year so who loving knows.

the power of Nic Batum in a contract year is extremely high

Lockback posted:

I'd be surprised if Blake would want to go back to the clips.

yeah he seemed understandably upset

a new study bible! posted:

Any good articles on trade deadline shenanigans? Who's getting moved?

andre drummond into the garbage 🙏

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing
i still get incandescently angry when i remember the lakers traded zubac for a year of mike muscala.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

What is even the point of the heat adding Blake Griffin? I guess the Nets makes somewhat sense just because they need bodies attached to people who know how basketball works. The other teams are just weird.

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
My sources are telling me Blake’s headed to paramount plus

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Could Blake conceivably start for a contender? Anyone that in need of a 4?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Who would you rather have at this point, Cousins or Griffin?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1367895217802600448?s=20

lol "…and also the Celtics"

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Speaking of Gobert, we're coming up on the one year anniversary of him catching the rona and effectively starting the chain reaction of leagues canceling or postponing their seasons. Maybe that's why everyone hates him :haw:

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
I'm not sure how the Nets defense could conceivably get worse, but I'm interested to see what Blake can bring to the table.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

MourningView posted:

I know Lonzo generates lots of annoying tweets or whatever but he's been really good over the last month or two since they started using Zion more as a ball handler.

Bledsoe stinks but I also can see why they wouldn't want to deal him unless they're getting another vet point guard back now that they're back in the playoff picture. I like Kira a lot but going with him as the starting point guard is a big ask if you're trying to win now to some extent.

Keeping Lonzo means paying him a lot of money this off-season. A contract that I don't think he would ever live up to. He already made it known this past off-season he wants something more than 18-20M per year. He's a spot-up shooter, transition passer, and help defender (because he's not good at the point of attack and loses track of his man off-ball more than he should).

Zion and Ingram would still both handle the ball more than Kira. He'd be competing with NAW for tertiary play-creating responsibilities, assuming no one comes back in a trade for either Bledsoe or Lonzo.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

dokmo posted:

I'm not sure how the Nets defense could conceivably get worse, but I'm interested to see what Blake can bring to the table.

Just inching closer to a regulation 200/200 game. It's the dream of every basketball fan.*

*(Actually, one of my favorite games was the 2006 FIBA Semifinals between Spain and Argentina that went 75-74.)

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
honestly i would love a lonzo rental for the sixers.

he could start in the danny green role but also be a primary-ish ball handler when ben is off the court.

it honestly seems like a no brainer to me.

lonzo and then some form of bjelica and ellington or people like that

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Blake seems like a thematic fit for the Nets, and I think we ought to endorse most things that narrativally improves basketball.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1367898577616334854?s=20

Shams confirming

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

It shouldn't still be funny to me, but I laugh every single time

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Nets are increasingly looking like someone's stacked 2k14 roster.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/Outkick/status/1367895894994128898?s=19

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Nets are the "Throw whatever at the wall" contender and its not like Blake hurts the defense, so it makes sense. He might get benched in the playoffs though which might be kinda awkward and sad.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

creamcorn posted:

i still get incandescently angry when i remember the lakers traded zubac for a year of mike muscala.

Every now and then I think of the alt universe Lakers team that didn't trade anyone.

D'lo Russel
Lonzo
Kuzma
Ingram
Zubac

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Every now and then I think of the alt universe Lakers team that didn't trade anyone.

D'lo Russel
Lonzo
Kuzma
Ingram
Zubac

+ Julius Randle.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I'm imaging Blake Griffin going up for one sickass dunk in the playoffs, only its also the ending of The Wrestler.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
I’m curious how much of a discount Blake took to get bought out.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Why do you need Blake Griffin when you have Jeff green?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I was able to get a NBATopShot magic blockchain video clip. Should I sell this immediately before people realize it’s worthless, or what?

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
nah you should hang onto it as your retirement plan. its value will only increase

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

blake griffin might be able to shoot, can still pass, and can dribble a teensy bit

i think he’d be an asset for 15 mpg, just not for the nets

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Lockback posted:

+ Julius Randle.

Right, of course, I knew I missed someone. Ingram to 3, Randle to 4, Kuzma 6-man maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Elder abuse here
https://streamable.com/gntn4r