Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
In the league's defense, this seems to have happened in Philly and not ATL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

R.D. Mangles posted:

getting hyped for the all-star game only to remember that it is the most dogshit basketball possible.

uhh you have seen a non-kat timberwolves game right

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the all-star game is a bunch of guys walking back and forth doing a layup line for 3 hours, it's not even close to basketball which is why they should get rid of it, just have NBA Party Weekend every year.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea the all star game is unwatchable. Abolish it

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Replace it with a one on one tournament

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

he was already in the game he just starts now

It's very dumb they are having an all star game but also put Trae in it as a replacement he's already in town

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

the all-star game is a bunch of guys walking back and forth doing a layup line for 3 hours, it's not even close to basketball which is why they should get rid of it, just have NBA Party Weekend every year.

Legit just name a team, do the Saturday night stuff, and then call it and let everyone have a week off

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
If the league doesn't at least do a playoff bubble (they won't), they are idiots.

R.D. Mangles posted:

getting hyped for the all-star game only to remember that it is the most dogshit basketball possible.

Last year's was fun.

MourningView posted:

Legit just name a team, do the Saturday night stuff, and then call it and let everyone have a week off

I'm ok with this for this year.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

MourningView posted:

he was already in the game he just starts now

It's very dumb they are having an all star game but also put Trae in it as a replacement he's already in town

Is he?

Most NBA players are on vacation if they don't have to do All-Star poo poo.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I like the all star game and it's fun to see guys throw lobs to each other and do good poo poo that doesn't matter.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I don’t know how it is this year but normally 3-5 guys get invited to the game as alternates.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
They should use Shaq as an alt so everyone can dunk on him and shoot 3s in his face

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Are they doing the Elam ending again? Or back to normal?

Because last year's game legit ruled.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Did ebay do a big crackdown on counterfeit jerseys? I'm shocked there aren't a bunch of counterfeit jerseys for this year's ASG. Never would have expected there to be a time with no official or counterfeit NBA ASG jerseys for sale.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dexo posted:

Is he?

Most NBA players are on vacation if they don't have to do All-Star poo poo.

well you know I feel like they might be less likely this year but who can say I guess

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Gobias Ind. posted:

Elam ending for every basketball game from now on forever and ever thank you for attending my Elam talk

oXDemosthenesXo
May 9, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Gobias Ind. posted:

Yep. https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/the-elam-ending-is-back-for-the-2021-nba-all-star-game-and-its-inventor-wants-more/

I plan on checking the box score so I know when the fourth quarter is about to start. If the starters all check back in to start the quarter we'll know it's game on.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
doing it to honor kobe is bad and lame but it did make the game better

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Yeah a lot of you guys forget that the fourth quarter of last year's ASG was unbelievably good, probably my favorite basketball watching experience all year

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Is Kawhi the first player to announce he wants to play in the Olympics since the pandemic began?
https://twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/status/1368629099204206596

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/VinceGoodwill/status/1368636241709764613

Lying >>>

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Technically he owns a room at Clermont Lounge so "stay in YOUR room" is not a lie.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
putting the game in atlanta during the plague year was perhaps ill advised, might have been a good year to give Utah or Indianapolis a shot

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1368635737776783366

lmao Silver made the call.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Now how many are anti-vaxxors

Is MPJ still one

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Tae posted:

Now how many are anti-vaxxors

Is MPJ still one

yes and he's not close to the only one

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Why would contact tracing go out the window if you've been vaccinated? Presumably you can still carry the virus even if your immune system can fight it off, no?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Why would contact tracing go out the window if you've been vaccinated? Presumably you can still carry the virus even if your immune system can fight it off, no?

Because the people the NBA sorta cares about because they make the NBA money would be immune.

The only people at risk would be the people the NBA doesn't actually need to make money.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Senator Drinksalot posted:

cause they only care about optics. equipment assistants and stadium workers testing positive doesn’t show up on ESPN

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
https://twitter.com/the_bball_index/status/1368275187737665536?s=21

Lol Richaun Holmes. Unrelated but hey Timberwolves how much for KAT?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

MourningView posted:

yes and he's not close to the only one

https://twitter.com/MarcJSpears/status/1368643446693584899?s=19

My liege...? :ohdear:

For real though that's an incredibly disappointing response from Lebron. He needs to be telling people to get vaccinated.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Gobias Ind. posted:

For real though that's an incredibly disappointing response from Lebron. He needs to be telling people to get vaccinated.

what a dickhead. that sucks

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

MourningView posted:

putting the game in atlanta during the plague year was perhaps ill advised, might have been a good year to give Utah or Indianapolis a shot
Indianapolis, only because this year's jerseys are basically an homage to the Pacers

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Gobias Ind. posted:

A rare LeBron fail.

Having access to one of the covid vaccines and saying no just blows my mind.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

they should be playing overwatch instead

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

lol if any of this surprises you

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

don’t worry guys his pr agent is probably chewing him out now and he’s gonna put out a “clarifying” tweet and half an apology

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Gobias Ind. posted:

:eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Gobias Ind. posted:

‘Anti-vaxxers buy shoes too’

-Lebron James (probably) :smug: