Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Paul Zuvella posted:

I feel like I have missed something here lol

NBA top shot is the new way to make free money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Nate McMillan is almost guaranteed to have a better record than Lloyd Pierce, right? Bogdan son of Bogdan was hurt a ton of time, a bunch of their wing depth has been hurt, their defense could get better because Nate is better at coaching defense than most guys, and maybe they could get a bit more connected with more minutes together.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/ATL/2021.html
Look at this roster. You'd think Clint could help more, since he's such a versatile switchy center, but if you just pass out of the switch to 3 of the guys being guarded by minus defenders, I guess it doesn't really matter.

Just fishing in the dark here, I have always respected Nate as a coach, he seems to get tangible results

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Henchman of Santa posted:

Gordon got robbed the first time because they set the precedent for a 50 too early. The second time was because of the nefarious Dwyane Wade.

Do you mean Dway Wayne??

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Hulu doesn't just have live sports it has RD Mangle's wicked game

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Lockback posted:

He's actually a decent enough GM but he has this incessant need to prove that he was THIS || close to any trade, or to say "I totally would have made xyz move but external things prevented me" which are always great moves other GMs made in hindsight.

He drafts really well and has made some good trades and signings, even if they didn't all work out great. Now he seems paralyzed on any move that isn't a complete fleecing and you probably need to do more than wait for those.

Yeah at risk of Intelligent Basketball Fanning the issue to death, he loaded up to try and get Pau george and then Anfernee Davis, which is what you're supposed to do. He just didn't succeed, and the Kemba booby prize has been a burden. He gets to prove he's not lost his touch, in the fixing of the mess.

Not that it isn't funny that he's leaked ALMOST GOT EM stuff to the press reliably for his entire tenure.

Not bad gm, but no dignity

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Zogo posted:

While Chris Webber waits for the Hall of Fame, he's helping minorities in the cannabis industry
https://sports.yahoo.com/while-chris-webber-waits-for-the-hall-of-fame-hes-helping-minorities-in-the-cannabis-industry-182933433.html

Biden blasts Texas, Mississippi over lifting COVID restrictions as 'Neanderthal thinking'
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/biden-blasts-texas-mississippi-over-lifting-covid-restrictions-as-neanderthal-thinking-2021-03-03

I will gladly accept Shaq as the new coach of the Chicago Bulls. Shaq screaming at Ryan Arcidiacono, Cristiano Felício, Luke Kornet, Adam Mokoka, Devon Dotson and Chandler Hutchison to "MAN UP" or whatever.

Carmelo shoots the Pistons out of the 2004 finals?!
Carmelo

They lost Mehmet Okur, Mike James, Chucky Atkins, and Corliss Williamson after the finals win and could have used a bucket getter on the second unit. Carlos Arroyo and Carlos Delfino sucked.
If Melo played strech 4 and Sheed moved to five, they could have beaten the spurs. But Larry Brown also insisted they leave a three point shooter open on an OOB to seal the game, so maybe he blows it anyway.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Zogo posted:

Yes, I was mainly joking.

I could see them turning into a dynasty.

Oh I know, I was just using it as an opportunity to slip into a sweet nostalgic fantasy

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Are other RSNs not showing postponed games or is it only a fox sports detroit thing?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

morestuff posted:

Kids these days are soft as hell, in my day the Space Jams had rabbits with huge tits and soundtracks by sexual predators

That space jam soundtrack rocked my bedroom. That and the Bullworth soundtrack.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

A Perfect Twist posted:

What? What did the Quad City DJ's do?

edit: Or was that the Bulworth soundtrack?

I believe I can fly by R Kelly is on the spacejam sondtruck
code:
No.	Title	Writer(s)	Producer(s)	Length
1.	"Fly Like an Eagle" (Seal)	Steven Miller	Seal Samuel, Rashad Smith	4:15
2.	"The Winner (*)" (Coolio)	Artis Ivey Jr., Brian Dobbs, Curtis Mayfield	Dobbs	4:03
3.	"Space Jam" (Quad City DJ's)	Johnny McGowan
Nathaniel Orange, V Bryant	McGowan	5:07
4.	"I Believe I Can Fly" (R. Kelly)	Robert Kelly	Kelly	5:20
5.	"Hit 'Em High (The Monstars' Anthem)" (B-Real, Busta Rhymes, Coolio, LL Cool J and Method Man)	Louis Freese, Trevor Smith Jr., Ivey, James Smith & Clifford Smith, Jean-Claude Olivier, Samuel Barnes	The Trackmasters	4:18
6.	"I Found My Smile Again" (D'Angelo)	Michael Archer	Archer	6:16
7.	"For You I Will" (Monica)	Diane Warren	David Foster	4:56
8.	"Upside Down ('Round-N-'Round)" (Salt-N-Pepa)	Bernard Edwards, Nile Rodgers, Cheryl James, Sandra Denton	Rashad Smith, Armando Colon	4:17
9.	"Givin' U All That I've Got" (Robin S.)	Robin Stone, Todd Terry	Terry	4:04
10.	"Basketball Jones" (Barry White and Chris Rock)	Thomas Chong, Richard Marin	Lou Adler, Jamey Jaz	5:40
11.	"I Turn to You" (All-4-One)	Diane Warren	James Harris III and Terry Lewis	4:53
12.	"All of My Days (*)" (R. Kelly featuring Changing Faces and Jay-Z)	Kelly, Carter	Kelly	4:02
13.	"That's the Way (I Like It)" (Spin Doctors featuring Biz Markie)	Harry Wayne Casey, Richard Finch	Daniel Kortchmar, Peter Denenber, Rashad Smith	3:50
14.	"Buggin' (*)" (Bugs Bunny)	Carter, James Newton Howard	Dominique Trenier, Dominique Owen	4:15

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Hand Knit posted:

This time they're going to cyber space.

The Tune Squad is going to cyber space!

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Did you know that the teams don't actually become seeds. It's just a name for the subject of a ranking for competitive rewards.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Bashez posted:

I think Blake can bring his production up to as bad as Carmelo levels on a good team.

I feel sorry for the guy.

I'm about 90% sure he was dogging it hard, harder than Jim Harden. He was flat out good last year, before he got banged up, and he had a long time to recover. I think he wanted out of Detroit, and he got his wish.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

WhyteRyce posted:

Shams deleted the tweet but said Blake gave back $13M in the buyout. Seems awfully generous on his part. But lol Detroit gave him $62M to go away

It's wild to me that it's allowed. Ex stars get subsidized by small market teams. I suppose it's the way of the world

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

isme posted:

I am in the opinion that great players make terrible owners, GMs, and coaches. LeBron might change that notion for me.

We don't need to get too excited about a 50/50 proposition that's won based on which team puts out one percent more effort and hits more threes

Also he's picking first so technically he has an advantage

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I watched a g league game earlier today but I'm going through NBA withdrawals. I'm addicted to tha game

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Nick Jr. Face posted:

What's Meyers' handle on Parler

Krug_Kopf

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Bashez posted:

My favorite solution is to make baskets worth three and have a four point line. That's a pretty big bandaid to rip off with how much people compare across eras.

The no screens at the three point line is a pretty interesting solution I'd never considered before. I think the freedom of movement rules a couple years back bear a big responsibility for a lot of the scoring we're seeing and that would undo some of it without letting people grab again.

I hope there aren't people pining for the 90s. I watched Jordan's double nickel game a while back and Ewing looked like he had to break velcro to lift his feet and Luc Longley literally could not dribble. That poo poo was terrible. I think the NBA has moved past big men for big men's sake; I'm not sure there's a way to reasonably legislate that back.

I have a notion that freedom of movement rules in some ways were meant to give offense inside the line a boost. The offensive player, unless he's a rookie or being defended by a big star or known defensive stopper type, is going to get the benefit of the doubt 99/100 times over the defensive player. That's not how it should be. But I don't know what you do to change that.

I think the reasonable thing three point wise is to move the line to a point where the league average goes back down to 33%. Once the league sorts it out, you can move it again. It's just paint.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

hifi posted:

was LMA's complaint in SA that he wanted to be a center or he didn't want to be one? him with the big rotation in phoenix would be interesting but he probably doesn't want to fight frank kaminsky for minutes

He wanted to be a PF, but he ended up at center within a year of signing, though spending a bit of time with true 5s like Poetl and the guy they had before him

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Ramona Shelburne: you'll never believe this zach, when i was talking to baby genius adam silver about covid...he brought up a book vaguely related to it...like, he just named a book off the top of his head....

She's such a loving buttlicker

My big Lamarcus Question: Is he washed to hell and back? Or is he DOGGIN it?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

euphronius posted:

My money is on dogging it

If he, Blake, and now, indisputably, Jim Harden, were doggin it, this is one of the most dogged out seasons in living memory

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

The Maestro posted:

You’re conveniently forgetting the seasons wherein an actual golden retriever played.

Air Bud and his many children never dogged it. They gave it their all.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

WhyteRyce posted:

I’m forcing myself to listen to the Lowe post so I can get some more opinions and viewpoints on poo poo other than TNT and Kings broadcasts. Man I completely forgot about why I stopped listening to Simmons.

Even the EJ podcast was a bit rough

His journey to only talking about MVP/All Star and transactions has been sad to witness. I miss when he was a deep in the cheeks ball head. TV ruined him.
There's a podcast called Thinking Basketball that reminds me a little of old Zach, but it's hard to listen to if you're not doing something else at the same time. "Nerder She Wrote" under the athletic basketball podcast sometimes has good stuff

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Mar 12, 2021

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Chris Paul is so good at basketball. It's too bad the small man is doomed to injury in the playoffs.

MourningView posted:

simmons and shelburne back to back is like the worst possible combo I wanted to unsubscribed on principle

he still gets pretty deep in the weeds with his column and will regularly get excited about random bench guys, how deep in the weeds can you really get when you're talking to a guy who watches like four games a year and steals all his basketball opinions for ryen russillo

Let me bellyache a little bit. He just doesn't get grimy in the weeds of ball, outside snapshots in the 10 things segments. His features are more basketball heavy than anyone else, but that's not a high bar to clear. We've seen him relishing all the good stuff in the past, his pivot to focus on stuff that people in general care more about is rational, but I don't have to like it.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Mar 12, 2021

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

The signature success of Troy Weaver's GM career immediately traded for 3 20th overall picks? I don't think that's a very likely trade.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Wow that's a pretty nice move. If hamidou can ever learn to make a jump shot he could be a big rotation piece

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/EnesKanter/status/1370869417047953410
Someone needs to do SOMETHING :wink: :wink: about those charlie hebdo guys

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Too high

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I think RSNs are about one season away from only having 120 second medicare advantage commercials and in broadcast gambling branding for absolutely everything

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Dutchy posted:

Based on Saturday's game the Nuggets are about a season away from officially changing their name to The Denver Nuggets brought to you by Wendy's, a la Michigan State

Those sponsor logos are going to replace the team names really soon. I declare it stupid! I don't like it!

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
News: Killian Hayes may be returning to limited action in the next few days

Views: Great tanking strategy

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

hifi posted:

congrats to cam payne who is in the 50/40/90 club right now

How many guys are 50/40/90 this year? It seems like a ton

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Vinestalk posted:

Dax Shepard. Declan might have nailed it with Jason Segel though.

Pause before reading. This is one of my hottest takes. Dax Shepard has never been good in any film or TV role. Not that Jason Segel is an artist.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
7'6 and paralyzed means short life left. That's a real bummer. Hope he makes a miraculous recovery

Stuff about Trevor Rice to Heat

https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/1372256942337449991

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Mar 17, 2021

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
If Barnes gets moved and the Kings lack a true wing again, WhyteRyce is going to start throwing dynamite sticks

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Red Rox posted:

I know we're not supposed to talk about NBA Top Shot but how about NBA Low Shot?

https://www.nbalowshot.com/

That's fantastic. That's like pre social media funny internet stuff

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The clippers selling the farm to get Kawhi and Pau George, but forgetting to find an adequate pnr pg is a good life lesson for NBA gms. You need the whole starting lineup. And Reggie Jackson sucks

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Kibner posted:

He supposedly (rumors, yay!) turned down like 18M AAV this past off-season from the Pels and wants something closer to the mid or high 20s.

It's really hard for me to square him being RPM elite despite looking like nothing at all when he's not on the court with point Zion. I guess he's a solid team defender, you just don't want him ever at the point of attack or against anyone strong, because he's frail, and you take what he gives with high % off ball shooting as of this year. If he's a special 'connector' passer I can't say I've seen it happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Presumably Beverly, PG or Leonard would be handling the point of attack thus freeing Lonzo to hunt steals

But that's not really the problem. He's just not a pg. He can handle the ball and throw fun passes in transition. He cannot run a pnr or anything else in the half court, you might as well ask Bismack Biyombo. Pat Bev is fine at running transition. The clippers lack a guard who can run a pnr with the expectation to pass, that's painful for Reggie Jackson.