Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
I'm here for the twilight of my discontent. Please, Silver. Deliver unto the Pistons a pick that will ascend us from the Stygian depths we've wallowed in for far too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

verbal enema posted:

I also hope this happiness 4 u

Thank you, my fellow NBA central posting comrade. We have both seen better days and they will surely be ahead of us.

R.D. Mangles posted:

sorry this is what you all get for bill laimbeer

Everybody in the NBA got a glass house. The bulls just have a garbage bin out front with a punch clock sticking out of it.

chilihead posted:

Sorry dude,it's the curse of drafting Darko.
Should have drafted Melo.

We just wanted our own Dirk!! (Foreshadowing for the Mavs crushing us)

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
He gave his all during the season we got swept by the bucks. And they did nothing to help him out. I think it's safe to say the pistons made his injury problems exponentially worse just so Giannis could run the floor on us with higher ticket sales.

Very glad he'll get a chance to go somewhere nice with a shot at a ring. I liked Blake even if he was awful defensively and had games that made me want to tear my hair out.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Fast Luck posted:

Who would you rather have at this point, Cousins or Griffin?

Griffin on another team might get the Luka Nard effect. Less pressure on him means his shooting numbers might improve. Probably the only reason to pick him over Cousins, especially since Blake proved he could shoot even if he's had a massive dip since then.

a new study bible! posted:

I'm imaging Blake Griffin going up for one sickass dunk in the playoffs, only its also the ending of The Wrestler.

God drat I'd watch that movie

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
The worst part about that is he was probably running through a list of other words during that pause and thought "can't say those," before landing on a deep cut slur.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Bosh, Wallace, Webber. Paul Pierce can sit and spin.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

MourningView posted:

he was probably the best player in the g-league bubble it seems like he can maybe actually shoot now as opposed to when he got drafted and people just said he could because he was white

The worst pick by the pistons since darko. At least Stanley Johnson can get minutes. Ellenson was waived by the Knicks at the height of their Zion chasing.

Good to hear he's improved but what an awful pick.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Kibner posted:

lol the Pels are awful. No purpose, no passion, no pride.

Your posting allies in Detroit understand your pain. We have been there. Shout it loud, "Mr. Van Gundy, tear down this wall."

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Strawberry Panda posted:

It's crazy how the Heat's defense has kept them competitive this season despite all the line ups they've had to use.

I think you'll find it wasn't the defense, it was Meyer's Leonard shouting from the end of the bench that has kept them afloat.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
He'd get to play with Jaylen Brown who is among the coolest and socially active players in the league.

It would be a bummer to lose him and I think we would get garbage picks in return. But I am hopefully optimistic that he's a part of the long term plans.

Worst case scenario it would mean more minutes for Sekou.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Troy sniping his old projects. Very optimistic to expect we won't need every pick by 2027.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
I can't wait to have OANN talking points piped into my broadcast. Can't we just watch some ball?

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

MourningView posted:

I was right about Poku when people initially doubted and a I will be right about Hayes :mad:

We're cursed, bud. It's not your fault.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Ok, but what I really need to know is who's gonna play Kurt Rambis?

Dax Shepard. Declan might have nailed it with Jason Segel though.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Dejan Bimble posted:

Pause before reading. This is one of my hottest takes. Dax Shepard has never been good in any film or TV role. Not that Jason Segel is an artist.

Nah, I agree with you. The man is lucky he married someone who can get consistent work and keep him relevant.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

I bet her favorite piston is Saddiq Bey. Because that's mine and it should be everybody's favorite.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Mr. Humalong posted:

Hello NBA Thread, I am returning after six years of working 80 hours a week and not being able to watch basketball. My team, that I totally supported and cared about even during the dark days of the early 2000s, fired one of the best GMs in the league and then traded away the best SG (Stripper Guarantor) of all time. This comes after my chosen baseball team engaged in years of flagrantly cheating and my chosen football team was run by an inept clown (that they eventually fired). I need a team to care about now. The Lakers will never be that team, but I am open to other suggestions.

Things I like:

- Guards that are real dang good at dribbling and passing (shooting is also real good)
- Savvy GMs who build contenders that lose in a heartbreaking fashion every year in the 2nd or 3rd round
- Advanced stats (I recently got bored and ranked every franchise by their career top 10 in VORP. Let’s just say things didn’t look so good for Charlotte.)

Things I hate:

- Overpaying for bad players
- Owners and GMs that make the Knicks’ decisions of the last twenty years look acceptable
- Post play. It stinks!

Also wow it’s insane how many really good new players there are that I know almost nothing about.

Let me tell you a thing or two about the Detroit pistons and their cherished son, Saddiq Bey...

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

morestuff posted:

Tayshaun better

THANK YOU

kingcobweb posted:

rodman vs dray, who was better at kicking people in the nuts

Execution: Rodman
Subtlety: Draymond

It's a wash

R.D. Mangles posted:

Danny almost renamed the thread.

God drat!

Rick posted:

Before. They actually found a trade for him to Detroit, but Jerry Buss and him talked it out and he decided to stay with the team, was out there the next preseason game.

Can you imagine trying to shoehorn him into any lineup Detroit had back then? I hate saying it but staying in LA was literally the only option for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Lockback posted:

Hmm, should I play 2000s-era Kobe or Rip Hamilton? What-to-do, whatwhatwhat.

Larry Brown would have made sure those Eric Snow minutes weren't going anywhere though.

lol no poo poo I'd take Kobe over Rip. But do you think that Kobe would have enjoyed playing in Detroit? Like, the guy thrived on being the biggest name in literally the biggest market to the point where he was shoving Shaq out the door. Is that a recipe for success on a smaller market team where the phrase "wind chill," has to become a necessary part of your vernacular?