Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Senator Drinksalot posted:

They don't seriously think they have a playoff capable roster do they?

They made a bunch of big moves dating back to last trade deadline with Capella. They've had some of those big pieces get hurt, but clearly someone was expecting this to pay off and the coach is always the easy first target

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lots of dudebro laker fans will show up because it’s a short drive and an excuse to walk around with their Kobe jerseys on and have a drinking weekend in vegas with the guys

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Year of the Dunk and top shot is selling expensive gifs of loving Otto Porter jumpers

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The technological singularity is best represented by LeBron in video games

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Henchman of Santa posted:

I’m not sure Zion can be a great contest dunker, though just leaping over things at his size would be pretty visually impressive.

Shawn Kemp was one of the all-time dunkers but never won a contest because the size and ferocity doesn't translate as well. Even when big guys get super creative and entertaining, they can still get robbed by guys who can pull off the super floaty dunks (Javale, Gordon).

But then again, the dunk contest is in such dire straights that a big name showing up is pretty much guaranteed to win (Blake Griffin).

Shawn Kemp never winning despite being in like 4 or 5 loving contests is a travesty. How the hell do you let some gimmick poo poo Dee Brown dunk win over him

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

remember when Baron Davis cut some holes in his headband and tried to do the blind fold dunk and failed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg3DS_w9vBs

also lol at this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M4B1ON3N4g

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

It's going to be pretty cool how even though we have vaccines rolling along and are moving to the next tiers of targeted population; the mutated strain will have a chance to spread and reach critical mass all because people couldn't not rush to eat at an Applebee's

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Am I really supposed to believe a story that an assistant coach was running around trying to make front office deals

Shaq hadn't even signed at that point

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

At this point I'm convinced it's actually Ainge writing these articles and quotes about himself Trump style.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The most beautiful trades, the most successful trades - all trades love Danny Ainge

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

CharlestheHammer posted:

I kind of hope this escalates so you have middle school Danny almost revolutionizing the NBA during recess.

Ainge was totally going to trade for that pack of Oreos but before they could work out all the details the bell rang

He offered Timmy FOUR DESERT SNACKS in exchange for his Capri Sun but Timmy said no

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/article249620323.html

quote:

Meanwhile, Kings general manager Monte McNair is calling around the league to explore trade possibilities, with one source recently saying Sacramento was working on something significant.

I mean I don't get why it took Denver so long for them to agree to a MPJ for Buddy Hield deal but I'm glad it's done

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Poor Buddy losing without ever showing up

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1366910357344763904

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Don’t ask if Romeo Langford is available because you know the answer

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

MourningView posted:

https://twitter.com/samesfandiari/status/1367153532390973441?s=19

lmao

Wiseman will probably be a solid starting center but absolute best case scenario here that it's something like Ayton over Luka and there's a real chance it's closer to Bagley over Luka. They probably could have extended their run as a near the top of the conference type team another few years with LaMelo, I'm not sure Wiseman ever moves the needle much even if he hits close to his ceiling. It's also very funny that actual NBA people let themselves get talked out of LaMelo because they stopped paying attention three years ago and decided he was just a youtube guy with an annoying dad

1) I'm glad the Warriors front office is so far up their butt about being light years away in everything they do that they talk themselves into sub-optimal decisions
2) The Warriors spent every moment up until the draft blowing so much smoke about how they like players A-Z at #2. Now that they have Wiseman they actually really loved him once they had dinner with him
3) Has there ever been a "player X wowed the team over dinner" or "player Y put up huge red flags during a team dinner" that didn't end up a hilarious fail story?
4) The Warriors front office was completely floored by a prospect doing the interview 101 trick of turning a question on them. I bet Wiseman said one of his biggest flaws is that he expects too much of himself and works too hard

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Elder abuse here
https://streamable.com/gntn4r

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

#justiceforbuddy
https://twitter.com/buddyhield/status/1367945993703022594

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Maestro posted:

Remember when Valanciunas yanked a two way rookie off the rim for no good reason and broke his wrist and never even got a warning from the league

I like how raptors fans on reddit were saying don’t hang your legs on a player or try to ride him because that’s disrespectful and asking to get thrown to the ground while ignoring Jonas did it immediately after himself

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Maestro posted:

It’s not like he had anywhere to go either. Literally the only time you can hang on the rim is if there’s nowhere for you to land safely.

And Jonas almost immediately threw him off. It wasn’t like he was hanging on the rim for 10 seconds and everyone got tired of waiting for him to let go

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Is someone hurt or is this a pity invite?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

At least Joe Ingles isnt getting his leg broken in a club by some cops

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Now who will be the guy who complains about allstar snubs every year?? Can’t be Booker or gobert now

De’Aaron but no one will care

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Shams deleted the tweet but said Blake gave back $13M in the buyout. Seems awfully generous on his part. But lol Detroit gave him $62M to go away

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Maneck posted:

Giving up cash to go chase a ring makes sense. But for how bad he's looked, that $13 million doesn't seem like a sound investment.

I wonder if he thinks he’ll grab something like an MLE deal this off-season if he has a pulse

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

dokmo posted:

tatum and brown are very good players whose names both begin with "jay", they also both hate to pass the ball for reasons that i can't determine.

this is in reference to a irl conversation i am a part of but can't respond to.

Are you Scal????

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Zogo posted:

Matrix 4 later this year. Mad Max 5 in 2023. 🤩

:hmmyes:

Just like bitcoin I recommend holding onto it for ~10 years and then selling it for millions of USD.

I don’t want to derail again and I know there is a thread but :lol: there is some serious laundering going on with that stuff. I was checking the price for a Haliburton card which is going for $50ish and saw someone paid over a thousand for one. Same with an $11 Fox card that also fetched an insane amount. I’m half expecting Q to say this is the new Wayfair child trafficking ring and decoding transactions based on asking price and player advance stats and bbref nicknames

But poo poo it made me want to bust out my mid 90s Fleers just to look at them. Also embossed cards were the poo poo even if they couldn’t fit in normal binder pages

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Mar 7, 2021

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Senator Drinksalot posted:

I give anti-vaxx people no quarter by any stretch of the imagination except for on this rushed one. We are in the middle of the biggest addiction crisis in American history cause of those companies literally forcing stuff on people. I can fully sympathize with people who do not trust big pharma.

But you have actual scientists and doctors saying it’s fine and actually world leaders and politicians are taking them. These big pharma companies aren’t just going door to door in poor neighborhoods trying to force people to take them.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

It's sometimes hard for superstar players who were both supremely athletic and intelligent to understand how to evaluate or reach players who either have only of the above. Or neither. If I spent my whole life just being better than everyone around me and getting the exact results I want when I hit the gym, I'm going to have a hard time understanding why that floor general who I fell in love with during the tournament can't just stay in front of his guy or spend the summer in the gym and become a world class off the dribble shooter.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Scientist can encompass or mean any number of things and they are also really bad at messaging or hyper focused on specific stuff. Like, wasn't the hubbub early on about masks because some of them were really hyper focused on the "the virus can still go through these masks" aspect and not stepping back and seeing the larger picture of "keeping some random person's spit off of you is really really helpful in stopping this"

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

isme posted:

Astrazeneca is like Jokic, does not seem good in the beginning, but turns out it is also very good. And one can argue is as good as Pfizer and Moderna.

Sinovac is like Yi Jian Lian. Heavily hype as good, ran through bogus tests claiming very high effectiveness, then turns out not so good. Only people in China still believes it is the best in the world.

I can't think a good NBA comparison for the Sputnik V.

In short, get the vaccine, even the worse one is more effective than a typical seasonal flu vaccine.

Westbrook is hydroxychloroquine

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I wonder if there will be a generation of people who have actively shed the common trait of randomly touching or itching their mucus membranes with their bare filthy hands and if they will look like lizard people to their ancestors

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I bought this for $40 today. There isn't a Kings NBA Jam shirt that I wouldn't buy

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

woah woah woah put this in a timeline with the amazing Wiseman dinner

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Pacific Division always takes the big over the guard

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Warriors were selling the #2 pick harder than the guy that gets the found at Ross ceramic serving platter at a white elephant gift exchange.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Yes but when they asked Ball how he'll fit into the team he said "asking cliche empty questions instead of going over my skills and experience means either you're just filling the time until someone else takes over or you have zero idea what you are actually looking for in this position" instead of "I see myself getting along with everyone because I am a people person and I am a hard worker"

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

It’s wild to me. I was online gaming before xbox live was a thing and casual racism was just what people did without a thought. Now if you’re someone notable then you’ll get into some poo poo for doing that. Things are improving, even if at a snails pace

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Is there a New Balance equivalent of Coors? Or is that just Coors?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lockback posted:

Dang, that's one of those slurs that really isn't "Oh I was using it in the general", that's some 1950s good ole boys slur there. Ouch.

The pause before was great, takes away the slip of the tongue defense

The pause gets me every time. Hes straight up loading his database and searching for a specific word

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Meyers going to switch to live streaming reading Dr Seuss with Kevin McCarthy