Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
What's the record for coaches fired halfway through a season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

euphronius posted:

I’m a big fan of Jingles. Dude has serious game

He's definitely All-NBA Deadbeat Dad Looking Dudes

Joe Ingles
Bojan Bogdanovic
Gordon Hayward
Steven Adams
Davis Bertans

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

RCarr posted:

I was able to get a NBATopShot magic blockchain video clip. Should I sell this immediately before people realize it’s worthless, or what?

There’s a Top Shot thread now - you can ask in there. Too lazy to link it.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Sorry to mention Top Shot again but it's kinda relevant: they had Gobert on today opening a pack, and he was wearing an NBA Jam shirt with the Jazz team on it lol

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

DeimosRising posted:

Neither the Celtics nor the clippers will ever achieve anything of note because the best two players on both teams can’t or won’t pass.

Do you have some stats to back that up or are you a Lakers fan

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Both of the mRNA vaccines are revolutionary.

This year, they will be named joint DPOY.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Ok so I've been getting back into card collecting and the last pack instead of a basketball player it had a 1500 Panini Rewards point card? Seems like you can redeem them for cards on their website, but the selection seems pretty wack. Any ideas what I should get?

https://www.paniniamerica.net/rewards.html?sport_name=148--BASKETBALL&p=1

There's a Bam card for 30,000 points and the rest are hundreds of different Kyle Anderson cards and a bunch of players that sound made up by an AI program: Jerian Grant, Cameron Bairstow, Marcin Gortat, Timofey Mozgov, Sindarius Thornwell.

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Mar 10, 2021

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Looks like he had an aneurysm when trying to sign his name.

So I should buy 6 of those?

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

The Clippers jerseys and all grey jerseys are terrible.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Hey Zogo I remember last season you posted some stats about how much championship teams had played together, which seemed to be one of the main reasons the Clipper flamed out since the main lineup only played like 13 games together.

How's it looking for this season? I'm guessing the Jazz are at the top.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

So you're saying I should buy this card now?
https://www.paniniamerica.net/lamarcus-aldridge-gold-standard-au.html

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

verbal enema posted:

Are the Clippers poo poo? Does anyone post about them? Makes you think

Kinda? Hard to win when the other team shoots 65%.

Still 4th seed tho. They must have a long break coming up cause seems like they've played way more games than everyone else.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

The Denver Wendys sounds pretty good actually.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Lockback posted:

They're a good team but kinda in a conventional way and not very exciting. Also most of the playoff teams got better from last year and they got a little worse, not a good place to be in.

I agree that they aren't very exciting to watch, but now that PG is healthy and Kawhi is playing back-to-backs it's meant more sick dunks. And I think Ibaka is actually an improvement over Harrell cause he spaces the floor - it's part of the reason they're shooting so well from 3.

Not so sure about most other playoff teams getting better. The Jazz, Nets and 76ers totally, maybe Lakers too?

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

haha yeah that was an amazing sequence

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The Suns are unironically better than the Clippers

Like some of these Clippers losses earlier in the season kinda made me think they were just flukey and maybe the Clips would flip the switch but uh

Yes I agree, sigh. They really turned their defense on against the Mavs in the last game, but for whatever reason they just can't be hosed most of the time. Zu has been great but they really miss PatBev.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

I know we're not supposed to talk about NBA Top Shot but how about NBA Low Shot?

https://www.nbalowshot.com/

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Rick posted:

This one is amazing.

lol yeah super good

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Wow in that game Okogie played 22 min, scored zero points with only 2 attempted shots, 1 rebound, 1 assist, 1 steal.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So that's what I get for talking poo poo

Suns might be the most bipolar team in the league

Haha I was gonna call you out in my post above but I deleted that part. Suns vs Clippers would be the bipolar coast finals.

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Mar 19, 2021

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Lonzos dad and Kawhis uncle are cooking something up in the kitchen

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

The clippers selling the farm to get Kawhi and Pau George, but forgetting to find an adequate pnr pg is a good life lesson for NBA gms. You need the whole starting lineup. And Reggie Jackson sucks

If PatBev was healthy, they'd be just fine. Currently, he is not, and maybe never will be again for any extended period of time. It's the downside of going with a veteran (old) team.

Maybe the Clippers should have stuck with Kawhi and Shai that would have been fun.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

WhyteRyce posted:

The Celtics are a trash rear end garbage team

Dear sir, are you referring to East Conference Finalists the Boston Celtics? My word.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

drat Clippers played themselves again

PatPat is sick of it

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

I wonder if this year will have the most upsets in the first round of the West playoffs. If the Lakers, Mavs and Nuggets are around 5, 6, 7 it would be crazy.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Haha I actually turned off the Clippers v Hawks game in disgust at half time and spent the next few hours cursing their names and then much later check the final score wow.

I think the Clippers shot 80%+ in the final quarter. Good on Lue for kicking out the starters and handing the keys over to the bench. Nards didn’t miss a shot and looked like he was about to have a heart attack. They went from up 10 to down 22 to win by 9. Bananas.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Imagine if there were no trades

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

What the poo poo we traded Lou Will for Rondo?

Wait does that trade include William Rondo?

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Sorry not sorry I’m enjoying watching the Lakers tumble down the standings. This will of course backfire when we have to face them in round 1 of the playoffs.

Edit: also god drat I’m loving what I’m seeing from Terrance Mann and Reggie Jackson lately so unexpected but so good

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Mar 26, 2021

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

euphronius posted:

Zubac is awful but I’d still play him over Drummond

No Zubac is great. You should actually watch him sometime.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Ok guys, guys, listen ok, this team, the LA Clippers, right? (weeping, babbling through sobs) they're just getting started, right? (dribbling) ZUBAC is good and this time (struggling for breath) THIS TIME they are gonna show up in the playoffs! RONDO, am I right? BATUM!

Edit: ah so Lakers got Drummond

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Mar 28, 2021

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I'm trying not to let my dislike of the Thunder cloud

I see what you did there

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

How about the Honolulu Lei-Ups? Teams would love to travel there.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Ammanas posted:

the dude is definitely not getting enough credit but that goes for the jazz in general. the only time anyone brings them up is to say they arent getting past the first round and gobert sucks.

Would be kinda funny if the west coast final was the two teams no one is talking about or taking seriously.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Ev'ry day I'm guzzlin

edit: lol no context guzzlin

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

It's ok, MVP Jokic will take care of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Poque posted:

This is going well so far

I think it's really interesting how much better some players can play on different teams. I wouldn't be surprised if all the 'washed' players that were just traded/bought out suddenly start having better seasons than they've had in years.