Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Lets see a Steroid Endgame Overeem. Overeems final form finally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Oh I think nunes anderson probably looks alot like Nunes GDR, but I don't think anderson has anything like the experience GDR had going into that fight. It'll be either a brutal mauling on the ground by nunes or nunes knocks her out on her feet and makes her look like she shouldn't have been in there.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Aye Doc posted:

https://twitter.com/jhkmma/status/1367484209418407936

it's been so long since Choi had a good fight that i don't actually remember why i was hyped for him. but hey, he's had like 14 months off to rest his hot brains now, hopefully he can come back strong

He loving rules. I'm delighted.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Yikes, now that'll be a weight difference. Izzy must be planning on full on evasion until the later part of round 3.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

I think herb was and has been for a while, working too much - but taking a break from reffing regularly and probably losing his spot is just not going to be done. Jason Herzogs probably the ref I'm happiest to see in the octagon rn

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

I get the impression that Izzy didn't get out of first gear - but also he's one of these guys where his frame gives him massive advantage (particularly his takedown defence) at that weight like mcgregor at 145, JBJ at 205. To be 205 champ he'd have to go up in weight and watch out for every wrestler in the division.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

bring back mario yamasaki

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Yeah Petersons good I don't think I've ever seen any egregious failures on his watch, maybe the odd early stoppage but he's usually right on those.

Old "Only Two Genders" Goddard is a great ref and appears to actually command some respect from the fighters but he's otherwise a dipshit.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Caught mid shrug

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

You can see what I'm assuming are seams at his shoulders so its inside out?

Edit: his shorts are the same so a mirror image?

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Ortega leaving me confused.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Caught up on the fights, Angie Looking mean in there. She was clearly much stronger than Yoder and very nearly Just Stood Up when she was on the fence. Good stuff.

I'd say they need to do something about illegal knees, but imo that was because anders was gassed as gently caress and such was massively impaired in his decision making. Easy mistake to make, especially with the bias towards throwing them he was showing. Nothing as egregious as last weeks actual stupidity.

Edwards Muhammad was watchable right up until the foul. Edwards had been warned and he still went ahead with it, that left hand he threw should have been a fist and I don't know what the gently caress he was doing. He's a very technically competent fighter, deserves to be there, was looking good, that head kick was sick. Maybe he didn't like being pressured the way he was and got frustrated, either way poo poo end to the fight, glad to hear belals avoided the bisping scenario.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Screama posted:

I wouldn't put it down to him being gassed because and he had almost thrown the same illegal knee a minute prior to committing the foul. I believe one of the commentators even said something to the effect of "He needs to be careful with throwing that knee". It was also only the first round, not that that excludes the possibility of a big fella like him being gassed, but it's more to the level of "he's thrown a lot, must be getting tired" rather than "this is late in a draining fight and he's been hurt so is not thinking straight" a la Alvarez/Poirier.

You don't need to have your brain scrambled like alvarez to to have your decision making impaired, and it doesn't have to be at he end of the 4th either. This was a gassy muscleman bout, part of a long UFC tradition of putting massively muscled men who move in slow motion into the octagon together. And like I said he had a bias towards trying to land that knee, and the more you do something the more likely you are to gently caress up. Anders isn't good, he clearly ain't got "it".

Has the UFC habit of pushing former NFL guys ever worked out in any meaningful sense? We have Eryk Anders and Hardy?

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

reeg posted:

Usman/Masvidal 2 was added to top the card. Very silly. At least there's the curiosity of Jorge not getting a camp last time, but I still see Usman outpointing him without too much issue

I hope Usman picks him up and slaps him off the ground like a guy cleaning angry cuban rug.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

I'm sure its "just" the flu. I'm very much ready for costa to fade into obscurity. Other than him being big I don't see what he would have for bobby knucks.

Nierbo posted:

And if the stars align and masvidal somehow gets a lucky KO, guess which fight you'll be seeing next?

Masvidal-McGregor @ 170 and the promos in the run up would get really loving nauseating. Bringing the greatest rivalry in human history for the fore once again: Cuban Fascists vs Irish Rapists.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Bar fighting is a great way for him to move up the IRL rankings tho.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Genuinely surprised by this. Lets get it.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

I would argue that MMA should be the preeminent sport when it comes to knowing "what it looks like when someone has fallen down and shouldn't get back up right away".

Ridiculous stuff on the scale there.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

If you haven't kevin hollands fights you should, he's my favourite "young" fighter covid bullshit aside he's very impressive.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Brut posted:

https://twitter.com/bisping/status/1375231948642115588

I know Bisping isn't a small guy or whatever but that's not a large horse right?

I hope the stands at 261 are completely empty but I know in my heart it will be completely sold out very quickly.

Normal sized horse bro.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Joe rogans just a dipshit don't read into it any more than that. Dudes a perma-blazed blowhard who is becoming less and less capable as he gets older. He's got elk parasite eggs growing in his cerebral cortex.

edit:

MotU posted:

Death Camp for Chutey

This is very funny though.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

I enjoyed it for various reasons. 38 year old pressure fighter tyron woodley was a treat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

next person to fight o malley is going to kick his shinbone into the crowd.