Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

gently caress YES UBEREEM 2.0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Well when you multiply two negatives, you get a positive.

Let's all push for Women's Heavyweight for 2021.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Actually I have an important question.
Has light heavyweight always sucked.

I started watch UFC in the very late double digits and LHW always seems to be the exciting division.

Now I wonder if it's just false memories/ nostalgia.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

CommonShore posted:

It's probable that the era between Rampage and Jon Jones was the time where the division was its absolute best from a competitive standpoint

Yeah that's the era I was introduced to.
I remember it feeling every fight at the title level was super competitive and not just an unholy sacrifice to Jon Jones.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Yeah Gary Goodridge was like the pioneer of MMA CTE

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Wait people think Usman isn't mega popular because he's black , and not because he's yet another wrestlefucker?

I mean yeah sure lol.

Gosh I wonder why Derrick Lewis has such a fan base... surely can't be because he has a interesting personality and KOs people dead cold. No, it must ironic racism.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Tezcatlipoca posted:

This is the dumb, racist poo poo

lol what?

I honestly have no idea what point you're trying to make.

If you think I think that racism doesn't exist in a general sense because one person is popular, that's not the case no.

The point I am making is that there are a number (multiple examples) of successful Black athletes in The UFC of various nationalities and if simple racism is the only thing holding back Usman from fame and prominence, shouldn't that be true for nearly all non-white fighters?

The guy mostly wins by decisions. Nothing wrong with that but I think it's a fair statement that most of the time folks like to see a fight end. And UFC fans in particular don't like wrestling. Hell they don't even like grappling unless it pretty obviously shows signs of moving to a submission.

Guess I'm racist lol 🤷‍♂️

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Honestly a little surprised UFC hasn't found a way to get everyone vaccines.

Definitely would be shady but ... This is the UFC were talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

UFC 260: Nothing left to lose