Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

TheReverend posted:

Well when you multiply two negatives, you get a positive.

Let's all push for Women's Heavyweight for 2021.

Finally a division for Gabi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mike Beltran is pretty good, but he also isn't licensed in Nevada (or at least wasn't until recently).

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Gramps posted:

how are we still dealing with eyepokes because of the UFC's lovely glove design what the gently caress

I think some of the blame is on the gloves, but they aren't solely responsible for the eyepokes. Every fighter isn't out there poking people in the eyes. The vast majority have no problem keeping their hands in fists when punching or parrying. Fighters that extend their fingers for distance, though, frequently cause eyepokes. See e.g. Jon Jones.

Jones doesn't rake people's eyes because of the gloves. It's a part of his fighting style, and no one does anything to punish him for it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

beep by grandpa posted:

tattoo artist: "just your lovehandles, sir?"

oh no - those continue down past the waist line down his rear end and onto his thighs.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It looks like she's standing with locked knees at first. That can put someone out who isn't cutting weight.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z62esVdmxCQ

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

kensei posted:

Goddammit they are going to give JBJ the title shot and he doesn't deserve it. :mad:

Jones is scared and won't take the fight.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

What's wrong about Rogan's statement? He was saying that people who trained at Chute Box got the gently caress beat out of them in the gym, which is 100% true.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm still missing what people are upset about regarding that statement. Chute Box of old was absolutely loving brutal. Similarly Militech and Roofus used to operate under a similar philosophy. I don't keep up with Rogan so I have no idea if he's made some dumb statements lately on the topic otherwise.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I didn’t see it as anything referencing the holocaust. More just Rogan saying it was a training camp where fighters beat each other to death.

I can see why people might not like the terminology because it minimizes historic atrocity, though.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Digital Jedi posted:

Wasn't there a training video of Chute Box where dozen guys or so were lined up against the wall and took a dozen or so punches to the face?

I’m not sure if it was Chute Box, but I can’t find the video. The youtube account that posted it years ago was banned.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

GTO posted:

I skipped the last couple of pages to avoid spoilers - was the 260 PPV at the weekend any good?

The prelims were a bit of a slog. The PPV was great. The co-main and main event were incredible. Go watch and report back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Effortlessly? Chael took Jon’s toe home with him!