Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Leafs were up like 6-0 shots in this period, leak free, and then one bad play and they’re falling apart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Lol Canucks gotta defend a lead against the Leafs? This is gonna be amazing.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Brodie's stick breaks on the block and the puck deflects to the inside of Rielly's foot. Whatever.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Morgan Rielly is really working at getting shipped out

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Where's the call on Bemstrom getting dumped?

...and then a goal against when they should've been on the PP, gently caress this.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Koopa Kid posted:

Leafs were up like 6-0 shots in this period, leak free, and then one bad play and they’re falling apart

9-0, actually

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Holy gently caress stop tipping point shots on your own goalie wtf

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Koopa Kid posted:

The Leafs haven't even fallen apart, the Canucks just benefited from two double deflections.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Drunk Canuck posted:

Morgan Rielly is really working at getting shipped out

Look I’m not a trade Rielly guy, but games like this I can understand why some people are agitating

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Lol the Leafs are funny.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Toronto have been by far the better team but credit to the Canucks for hanging in there and getting the bounces to take a lead. That kinda thing hasn't been there most of the year as generally when they trail they reenact the fire drill at the Springfield nuclear plant.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I don’t understand what just happened but I would like to say that linesman is bad at his job

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
3-2 Canucks? :eyes:

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I hate to say it but Hyman should probably be in Thornton’s spot for the rest of this game

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Koopa Kid posted:

I hate to say it but Hyman should probably be in Thornton’s spot for the rest of this game

I'm not surprised but Jumbo is a hundred times less visible than he was even three years ago.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

I'm not surprised but Jumbo is a hundred times less visible than he was even three years ago.

When given space he can still make a play but the Canucks are actually skating and taking the body and he can’t deal with that anymore

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

well that's unfortunate

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Thassa good goal Gord.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Lol I hope that didn't go in just because of how emphatic a celebration that was

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
love that hog

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Fred... Christ ugh

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

hög wild :siren:

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Oh Mitch, just don’t have it tonight

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Hog crankin it

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Welp, control play, don’t really convert, a couple good bounces and they’re chasing and give up another trying too hard

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Koopa Kid posted:

Welp, control play, don’t really convert, a couple good bounces and they’re chasing and give up another trying too hard

Not often you put up 40 shots and lose. I wouldn't even be slightly concerned if I were you

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Koopa Kid posted:

The Leafs dumpstered the Canucks and got unlucky. These games happen.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I’m not worried or anything, the Leafs have had lots of games go their way

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

That was the Canucks worst performance in three weeks and they best the best team in hockey. Okay. I do not understand this sport.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

I want to see Benning sacked, but it's still nice to see them beat the leafs.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Nice to see the Canucks show a bit of resilience

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
Demko is good, also

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
The Leafs not scoring to help Jim Benning is a longterm move, and a good one.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Well Demko has firmly established himself as the #1 now which always should've been the objective. Somehow the Canucks are paying the worst backup in the league $5.7m next year instead.

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Hall getting a breakaway only trip himself really says it all about Buffalo

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
It's the debut of Wyatt Kalynuk, so that's exciting(?)

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Kurashev :siren:

What a third line shift

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Kubalik2Janmark :stare: :siren:

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog