Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Finished the tutorial and sorta/kinda knew what I'd be in for, but then I started playing the game and became hooked instantly. Just pre-purchased the game. My first loop was weird cuz I just started slapping down vampire mansions without really knowing what they do and feeling invincible for a loop and then promptly dying. 11/10, highly recommend. Only wish that the card would be more verbose, like knowing that when I walk through a cemetery that I would gain a stone is kind of a biggie.

Gotta say when the "Devolver" logo popped up I said "of loving course it's Devolver, Devolver owns."

scuz fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Mar 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Only 4.5 hours into the demo and absolutely loving it. Managed to just barely take down the lich on the first attempt by stacking evasion and keeping my fingers crossed. Tryina get all my buds to play it and the best way that I've been able to describe it is "reverse tower defense roguelike deck-building" and that seems to be getting the point across.

scuz fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Mar 3, 2021

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

Desdinova posted:

Loving what I've played so far, going to soak up lots of hours when it's released tomorrow.

Not killed the Lich yet, but a tip is to save oblivions for nuking his palaces when he spawns, and build near the campfire to ensure he doesn't build too many. Game's good.

I was lucky and chose the "blissful ignorance" perk and had a shitload of oblivion cards leftover! Another strat is to put a whole bunch of building around your campsite since his palace won't displace existing tiles :eng101:

Haven't figured out what swamps are good for beyond making vampires easy-peasy.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

Cicero posted:

Does progress from the demo carry over?

it DOES! I was pleasantly surprised.

The necromancer goes from "holy poo poo I'm OP as gently caress" to "this hero is dogshit" really fast if you're not careful.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Is there seriously no way to save mid-run, or am I just a moron?

I just started a run, went into planning mode, exited, and came back in to the "Build" screen, so it doesn't look like there is. Be nice if they warned you that you'll lose your progress if you quit out of it.