Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

space uncle posted:

Enjoying it so far.

Does Counter fully block damage? If so, isn’t it strictly better than Evasion?

Is magic damage just a flat +?

Road beacons seem like they help the enemy more than they help me.

Yeah, those are some of the questions I wish the game would answer. There's a bunch of information available on enemies and whatnot, but no explanation what exactly "magic damage" does. Or defence. Or some even more esoteric stats, like "skeleton level" or "summon quality" with the Necromancer (spoiler for third class).

And much like many other cards, road beacons are situational. If you let a bunch of Goblins get road beaconed, you'll be turbo hosed, but at the same time if you yourself are stacking attack speed... well.

Anyway, game's great. I redeemed my review code on Saturday and had played 20+ hours by Tuesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I didn't really notice that, but there's a trick that's not really explained by the game although it 100% should be: you can bail out of an expedition with 100% of your materials when you're on the campfire space (as opposed to 60% elsewhere or 30% if you die).

Also, in the later worlds your resource gains are boosted pretty significantly, so if you're just grinding for mats you shouldn't be running earlier stages to boss kill, just run the latest stage you can and bail out when it starts to get too dangerous.

Also also also, super easy way to kill the world 2 boss every time: be the Necromancer, stack max skeletons. They whittle through the boss's mirrors almost instantly

IMO the gear system's biggest problem is that you can't target specific attributes, so it's easy to either end up with a bad mishmash of stats that aren't high enough to be useful, or just massively underleveled gear with stats you want. Then add in the god drat bandits from building 2+ villages, because they have a 5% chance of destroying a piece of gear on attack and sometimes things get very frustrating.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Mar 5, 2021

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Blind Duke posted:

The third class is hurt especially hard by loot variance. Gear several levels different seem exactly the same

The armory gold card that unlocks an extra gear slot? Amazing. Rogue with magic health is a beautiful thing.

Here's a question about that specific card and the kind of crappy card description:

Does playing the armory lower ALL loot quality by 15%? Or the quality of items that go in the unlocked slot?