Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Played through the demo and got thru ch1 this morning; oh dear, this is going to doom my productivity when it comes out :arghfist::(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

SpiritOfLenin posted:

DO NOT DELETE VILLAGES THAT ARE FLANKED BY WHEATFIELDS NO MATTER HOW MANY BANDITS THERE ARE

this has been a public service announcement

you do realize i'm gonna do what it says not to soon as i'm off work, right

(unless it's just a bug, that's boring)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

y'all making targeted layouts already and here i'm pleased just beating chapter 2 :v:

first try too, but I think that was more luck, and partly picking necromancer, I can't imagine dealing with that glass as the other 2 classes

Game good

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

something about the devs apologizing for bugs and stuff like this is kinda endearing :3:

quote:

Fixed the resource duplication bug from the last patch, congrats to lucky people who got a lot of resources from the boss in that short period lol

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

What're the "orange and yellow items" that the Outposts supposedly keep from my loot?

(e) How does that strengthened skellies skill work, is it just the first battle of the loop or do they hang around somehow?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Any suggestion for a build for farming expansion orbs (the 4+ combatants one)? I'm trying to get to Rivers and struggling to put anything together that lasts long enough.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Lower the difficulty to Ch2 because any strategy where you fight 5+ enemies is gonna require some setup both in terms of build and board. This is also made super easy by unlocking four Watchtowers. Use Ruins and maybe a Chrono Crystal to summon four Scorch Worms (the easiest enemies in the game imo, other than slimes) and then place a Vampire house in range (also the reason for Ch2, Ch3 Vampires are horrifying), then finally a Battle Field. Both Worms and Vampires have souls and can be turned to ghosts, which count as another unit if summoned but are incredibly easy. Finally, if you put a Bookery in range, you can turn the vampires into vampire mages, which will also net you Arcane fragments. The final cherry on top is that vampires will also summon the bat swarm, which nets Swarm orbs, so this is like, the ultimate farming setup.

If you're looking for a character build that has a high chance of making it that far, do Warrior with Meadows + Chrono Crystals and Rocks, stack evasion and try to get the skill that makes you counterattack on dodge.

Gat drat, eleven in one go with this method. Thanks!! Hadn't occurred to me to use ghosts, or that they counted as extra mobs for dropping the expansion thingies

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Sheep posted:

Reward selection for defeating a boss just gives a perk to this run, not a permanent benefit; "resource assortment" is almost always the best choice.

It also adds that perk permanently to the random pool if it wasn't already, which could be good or bad

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Beasteh posted:

it's that first thing that you said, the wording is a little weird but that's how it works

Non-retroactive though, IIRC. Still neat if you get it first

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Meatbag Esq. posted:

Stamina. When you have high attack speed you run out of stamina and attack much slower until it refills.

-50% to evasion chance, too. I almost won ch2 as Warrior except for that :mad:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

yeah turn on that autopause in the options, it's huge QoL

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

be free, lost post

oh god, are the forums doing that poo poo again? :mad:

I'm missing one ingredient entirely for the Alchemist building, what's that dark sphere (#4 in the list I think) supposed to be?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Where the hell do you unlock Suburbs?

(e) Oh my god, a dozen loops and I got one fifth of a single magic orb thingy?! :stare: evidently my vampire book arrangement needs work

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

(e) Oh my god, a dozen loops and I got one fifth of a single magic orb thingy?! :stare: evidently my vampire book arrangement needs work

LostRook posted:

Upgrade your gym.

:tizzy:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

how did i only get five time shards omg

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Mountains and meadows are flat bonuses, where deserts and forests are scaling. Mountains and meadows can also be replaced very effectively by supply items (ham and cheese for healing, I think antique cabinets for max hp, the one that's +1 hp per full resource collected).

Once you can replace their effects with supply items you ditch those cards and never bring them back. Once you unlock alchemy you won't miss the stone/food either since you just convert your 300 memory times into whatever you need.

I’m still going completely insane trying to get the 20 time shards for the Alchemist, myself. Especially with Bookeries (???libraries???) seeming to take forever to turn over, even if they’re placed at a U in the path :mad:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

oh my god arcane orbs :tizzy:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Thief? Nay. Necro? As if. Im a simple man that likes simple loops with his simple knight

I dont think Ive ever played a game quite like this.

I'm not sure anything quite like this even exists. Closest I can even get is what someone upthread said - a "deckbuilder reverse-tower-defense roguelite action rpg" or something like that, which is one hell of a genre :v:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Count Uvula posted:

Do people at large actually mind the progress slowing down a bit after the first boss? I wouldn't call anything in the game notably grindy besides stuff you'll probably only be doing after beating the final boss.

I didn't mind until trying to get the time shards/astral orbs together to get the Alchemist

that's twenty time shards, and I get 0-1 every run so far despite literally stacking the deck in my favor with watchers, books and vampire mages :tizzy:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Chard posted:

Wait are the perks you pick after beating a boss permanent? I thought they were just for the rest of that expedition.

I'm hosed lol.

it's only active for the rest of that run BUT is permanently unlocked for future run level-up selection

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

so towards endgame, what stats are people finding they want to emphasize on rogue & warrior? especially rogue; I have no idea what landscape card(s) to bring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

SettingSun posted:

I will repeat this forever that astral orbs can be boss drops so it's probably faster to beat the bosses a few times. I got multiple from the chapter 2 boss.

whereas I've got a single shard from boss one and gently caress all from several runs of boss 2 :mad:

I'm basically ready to quit without even trying ch4 again at this point