Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Question 2, can't you use a bonus the instant you unlock it? Which does not matter for most bonuses but the draw 2 doors one does not depend on dice rolled.

Question 3, can you combo a double feature bonus and the draw 2 doors bonus into drawing 4 doors?

E: question 4, what happens if you stack both double feature bonuses? Quadruple feature?

Omobono fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Mar 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
UPDATE WITH THE 1ST ROUND ROLLS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PREVIOUS PAGE!

Omobono posted:

Question 2, can't you use a bonus the instant you unlock it? Which does not matter for most bonuses but the draw 2 doors one does not depend on dice rolled.

Question 3, can you combo a double feature bonus and the draw 2 doors bonus into drawing 4 doors?

E: question 4, what happens if you stack both double feature bonuses? Quadruple feature?

Question 2:
For simplicity sake since we're playing asynch with multiple dice sets, you can only use Bonuses on a Round phase/Round after you've unlocked it (IE: if you unlock a Bonus in Round 1A you can use it in Round 1B/C or Round2+). This includes the "draw 2 Doors" bonus. The only exception to this rule is the "draw 2 Doors" bonus.

Question 3:
No, since the "draw 2 doors" bonus isn't a dice value (the "double feature" bonus double the value of a dice).

Question 4:
The "double feature" bonus cannot be stacked - but you can use both "double feature" bonus in the same Round phase and double both dice instead of just one.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Mar 10, 2021

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

That Italian Guy posted:

Question 2:
For simplicity sake since we're playing asynch with multiple dice sets, you can only use Bonuses on a Round phase/Round after you've unlocked it (IE: if you unlock a Bonus in Round 1A you can use it in Round 1B/C or Round2+). This includes the "draw 2 Doors" bonus.

However, this means that if a player gets 6 requests filled they can't use the 2 doors bonus if they leave it for last.
I understand the need for simplification and the difference would only matter on the last turn of the game, which is public information since either a player has just fulfilled the 6th request themselves or it's the turn afterwards, so what about allowing immediate use of the 2 door bonus in the last turn of the game?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Im going to make a collossal toilet and give it all the doors amd a moat

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Namtab posted:

Im going to make a collossal toilet and give it all the doors amd a moat
This reminds that we are definitely going to vote a Best in Show itt at the end of the game :sparkles:

We've discussed the "draw 2 doors" bonus usage on Discord and I guess it only really matters on the very last round of the game; but it'll be possible to use the "draw 2 doors" bonus if you enable the bonus on the very last Round the same Round you unlock it. I'll send a reminder when it's time to make sure everyone is aware of this.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Mar 9, 2021

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

I'll build a proper FAQ tomorrow, but for now we have another good question from Discord:

Q: can I move the letter that identifies a Room around? Does it take space?
A: the letter cannot be moved around AND it occupies the space it's in.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Mar 10, 2021

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Couple new questions for our FAQ:

Q: do I get to unlock a bonus when I complete a Door Bonus Demand (IE: Sammy Vee's Flagstone Entry Bonus)?
A: NO, the Door Bonus Demand is tallied up at the end of the game and it does not allow you to unlock a bonus. Each Layout Client has what's called a "door bonus" Demand that involves a door+something else, is scored separately at the end of the game and is identified by the "door" symbol on the Demand and the scoring sheet:

All the other Demands that can be scored and unlock a bonus all have the post-it icon instead:

Q: the vector drawing tool in Tabletop Simulator is huge!
A: once you select the tool, you can press the " - " button to resize it to a smaller tip!

Default size on the left; resized twice with " - " on the right.

EDIT: also, there is now a FAQ section at the bottom of the OP!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Mar 10, 2021

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Question: what is a "deck" for the purpose of this request, a single deck tile or the whole block of orthogonally connected deck tiles?

E: more for the purpose of possibly doubling up on this request, the image is fairly clear on a single deck tile counting.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Omobono posted:

Question: what is a "deck" for the purpose of this request, a single deck tile or the whole block of orthogonally connected deck tiles?
Any quantity of "deck" is a "deck" (so even when 1 square is "a deck"; specifically "a 1 square deck").

Q: is a single square Deck considered "a deck" if a size is not specified in the demand?
A: YES. To score the Demand below twice, you'll need all unique elements so (1 unique Living Room with at least 1 unique Door, Window and Furniture) + (1 unique Tree) + (1 unique Deck arrangement, any size) + (1 unique Stone)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Mar 11, 2021

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
This looks fun, I'll follow along with interest. I expect load-bearing drywall.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Dareon posted:

This looks fun, I'll follow along with interest. I expect load-bearing drywall.

Just in case you also want to join in, you are still in time till the results from Week #1 are revealed (next Tuesday).

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Friendly reminder to everyone that has not submitted their blueprints yet that the deadline is in about 24h!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We have 4 masterpieces still missing - since this deadline is a rather important in/out one, I'll wait one more day before proceeding as an exception to the general "show must go on" rule :)

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

my krobhaus must continue to be built.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Got all the missing pieces and the remaining players contacted me to let me know they couldn't make it, so we're good to go for

Round 1 dice sets posted:

Round 1A - Your have to draw a Room and 1 Square has to be the gray shaded one in the center.

Round 1B

Round 1C

Round 1 Blueprints posted:

The Torch Thief Commons - AtomikKrab

Le Tour De Slaan - Slaan

Vandelay Industries - CirclMastr

Edilizia La Qualunque - Omobono

Vandis Hills - eliasswift

The Sighence Lab - (Household Ink) Sighence

Amine Apartments - Namtab

Luna Heights - ArashiKurobara

Poor Flan - Phelddagrif

Random Appreciation of Client Kabbala while Under Pressure for POINTS - berryjon

Drywall Disaster - Jothan

Got a few similar designs, as it is to be expected given the current Demands, with a couple of significant outliers.

Clients posted:

Michael (Rules clarification HERE)

Emilia (Rules clarification HERE)

Sammy Vee (Rules clarification HERE)

Here's the new dice sets for Round #2!

Round 2 dice sets posted:

Round 2A

Round 2B

Round 2C

Go wild! Deadline is a week from now!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Mar 16, 2021

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Significant outlier is my middle name

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

For the benefit of us lurkers, would you mind reposting the dice rolls right before the blueprints?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

That Italian Guy posted:

Random Appreciation of Client Kabbala while Under Pressure for POINTS - berryjon

Hold on, there's a minor mistake here, the Dining room is 5x5 against a 5x4 round 1C roll.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

Omobono posted:

Hold on, there's a minor mistake here, the Dining room is 5x5 against a 5x4 round 1C roll.

:facepalm:

OK, I'll fix that and resubmit. I'll trim off the left row.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

So I get that we need entirely unique sets to score a demand a second time, but can the same feature be used to score two separate demands? For example we have two demands invoking dining rooms, do I need a dining room next to a pool and a second next to trees, or can one dining room next to a pool and next to trees?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Sighence posted:

So I get that we need entirely unique sets to score a demand a second time, but can the same feature be used to score two separate demands? For example we have two demands invoking dining rooms, do I need a dining room next to a pool and a second next to trees, or can one dining room next to a pool and next to trees?
The same feature can be used to score multiple Demands - the "unique" requirement is only when you want to score the same Demand multiple times.

Tulip posted:

For the benefit of us lurkers, would you mind reposting the dice rolls right before the blueprints?
Good idea! I'll fix it now.

eliasswift
Jan 12, 2021

Now, let's count up your sins!

Wow, it's actually really cool how a lot of us had different takes on the same sort of theme. I'm interested to see where we end up diverging as the game goes on.

But for now... ahem...

Vandis Hills posted:

We here at Vandis Hills know that your time is precious, and that you are only looking for the finest development to move in to. Well, as you can see, we have started with a lovely 3x6 living room here, long and towards the entry of your home.

We've also started opening up the house. While we haven't put in the actual entryway to the house, we have lead it into the back yard, where we've started working on paving in for a pool.

Next up is the dining room, 4x5. simple enough design, off the living room so your guests can come in for food after entering your home.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

That Italian Guy posted:

Good idea! I'll fix it now.

Thanks! That made the update much easier to keep track of.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

To eliminate confusion I used the wild card to make the 2 on the second set of dice into a 6

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Friendly reminder that the deadline to submit your masterpiece is in about 24h :)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Round 2 dice sets posted:

Round 2A

Round 2B

Round 2C

Round 2 Blueprints posted:

Le Tour De Slaan - Slaan

Vandelay Industries - CirclMastr

Poor Flan - Phelddagrif

Note from City Hall
Dear Carl,

it has come to our attention that several architects were present at the last municipal Roll Call for our beautiful city of Pompadia. Do you know what's up with that? I hope this is not another one of your pyramid schemes. We don't want any pyramids in the city, they would block the view to our majestic Railway Hyperloop.

Sincerely,
City Hall

Clients posted:

Round 3 dice sets posted:

Round 3A

Round 3B

Round 3C

Go wild! Deadline is a week from now!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

By the way, if someone was to score 6 Demands in the next Round(s), we will still allow everyone to play out the remaining dice rolls for that set (so if someone scores their 6th Demand on Round 4B, we'll still allow everyone to play out 4C as well).

The "First to finish" bonus is going to be assigned based on the "phase" the 6th Demand has been scored (so if someone scores their 6th Demand on Round 4A and someone on 4B, the player(s) scoring it on 4A will get the "First to finish" bonus points).

berryjon
May 30, 2011

With those rolls, I'm really not surprised that 7 of us got the Patio/Hot Tub this round. Hopefully, things will break up a bit more in coming rounds.

berryjon fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Mar 23, 2021

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

What happened with CirclMastr's plan?

The D became a B and there's a new 5x2 room without the free wildcard bonus being marked.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I... don't know. I wonder if I loaded an incorrect save or had a rewind mishap.

Welp, I'm hosed.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

It's probably for the best that I just drop out.

I suppose it's my own fault for going with that name and trying to be an architect.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I mean, I don't want to be a dick, the intent is obvious and the fix is trivial since I did basically the same moves as you.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Yeah the fix is easy enough, no worries :)

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

That Italian Guy posted:

Yeah the fix is easy enough, no worries :)

I mean, I clearly made my round 2 moves based on the incorrect layout.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

CirclMastr posted:

I mean, I clearly made my round 2 moves based on the incorrect layout.
True, but I think it should be possible to recover by using the free wildcard bonus to draw that room and putting each room's letter back where it belongs? Can't check the rolls right now unfortunately.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

You lads are about to see a loving power play next round. The plans are in and im set to dominate

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Friendly reminder that the deadline to submit your masterpieces is in about 24h :)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Round 3 dice sets posted:

Round 3A

Round 3B

Round 3C

Round 3 Blueprints posted:

Le Tour De Slaan - Slaan

Vandelay Industries - CirclMastr NOTE: Vandelay Industries had to go back to their home planet after drawing an illegal arrangement in Round 2.

Poor Flan - Phelddagrif

Clients posted:

Dear City Hall,

as a loyal civil servant, I find your accusations disheartening. Never, never would I put personal gain in front of the greater good! Is it my fault if the modern, science based, development methods all revolve around rolling dice heuristic solutions? After the great success of Pompadia, this can't really be put in doubt anymore. Sure, some of these buildings had their load-bearing beams removed to make space for gravel and bathtubs. Are some of the stairs insulated, some of the windows slightly mismatched?

Maybe. But you can't fight progress.
Sincerely,
Carl, Pompadia City Planning

PS: the local Quarry had a discount this month - something about some kind of shiny metal-like substance in the rocks? It's nice, it looks like gold! Anyway, I hope you like Stones.

Round 4 dice sets posted:

Round 4A

Round 4B

Round 4C

Go wild! Deadline is a week from now! NOTE: in case this is the last Round, we'll play all 3 phases out but I'll award 3 extra points as a "first to finish bonus" for each phase you ended your project before the (so if someone finishes in 4C they'll get 3 points, if someone finishes in 4B they'll get 6 instead).

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Mar 30, 2021

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Yikes, this is a toughie.

*goes to ponder*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

The all corners roll returns, with a vengeance.