Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Remember when people started hoarding toilet paper like it was bullets? It's been a year but feels like it was yesterday.

Now we have paper, but we still don't have bullets. What do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zafFHMP6kes

February thread.
Shima's cool dice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

There are some shamefully DITS (dead in the shitter) reloads there.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Also now I'm wondering if you could turn toilet paper into bullets. Wet it down, form some balls of about the right size, put it over some hilariously light mouse fart load.

. . . god I'm going to end up shooting glorified spit wads out of a bolt action before this is all said and done.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Pathetic, reloads so slow they might as well be using a musket.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Cyrano4747 posted:

. . . god I'm going to end up shooting glorified spit wads out of a bolt action before this is all said and done.

Pretty sure there's a bit in Storm of Steel where Ernst Junger writes about doing this exact thing to kill rats in the trenches.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

That stale ramen lifehack or whatever is grim and reads like a grad student who hasnít heard of dollar store crackers. Or bread. Or rice. Or beans.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

mlmp08 posted:

That stale ramen lifehack or whatever is grim and reads like a grad student who hasnít heard of dollar store crackers. Or bread. Or rice. Or beans.

I have a few friends who will happily eat dry ramen bricks, and I'm reasonably sure they haven't been to prison or grad school. It's not my preference, but it's not as bad as I'd expected.

Au-gratin potato mix out of the box, though. Looks like chips. Very definitely, 100%, does not taste like chips.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Dang dicknose don't tuck that money under your eyelids!

Pillbug

mlmp08 posted:

I do that at home sometimes when Iím at maximum lazy.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Don't you go near that dog, you understand? Don't go near him, he's just as dangerous dead as alive.

mlmp08 posted:

That stale ramen lifehack or whatever is grim and reads like a grad student who hasn’t heard of dollar store crackers. Or bread. Or rice. Or beans.

My friends little sister would do this and we're were so worried about her that we made their parents ask a doctor. Turns out she had some sodium deficiency and her body was craving salt. They got that all worked out and she stopped doing it.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Ramen doesn't go stale, that's a myth perpetrated by Big Ramen to get us to buy more. We all know that, but what you didn't know is Big Ramen doesn't need to try to trick me to get me to buy more ramen I'ma do that regardless.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Isn't almost all the sodium content in the flavor (SALT) packet?

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.

Shima Honnou posted:

Ramen doesn't go stale, that's a myth perpetrated by Big Ramen to get us to buy more. We all know that, but what you didn't know is Big Ramen doesn't need to try to trick me to get me to buy more ramen I'ma do that regardless.
As a powerful dice magnate you're splurging on the fancy/weird kinds that you can only get at Asian groceries, right?

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

another medical bills avatar

Cyrano4747 posted:

Also now I'm wondering if you could turn toilet paper into bullets. Wet it down, form some balls of about the right size, put it over some hilariously light mouse fart load.

Pretty sure you could do toilet paper and ramen bullets.

soak the ramen until it starts to break down into starch goo... use toilet paper as base structure material.

mini paper mache project.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

stealie72 posted:

As a powerful dice magnate you're splurging on the fancy/weird kinds that you can only get at Asian groceries, right?

Eventually I'll get used to having extra money but for now it just means I get even more ramen all at once, though eventually I will find and try like IDK kappa's butthole flavor ramen.

Hayden
Jan 17, 2006
buttsex?

Good news: wife and I got our first rounds of the vaccine this morning

news: Greg Abbott announced that he's rolling back all Covid guidelines across Texas, including capacity limits and the mask mandate effective immediately next Wednesday , then went to lunch at a crowded Mexican restaurant.

The article I read made it sound like his order will supersede any orders given by county or city governments, but I'm not 100% on that yet.

I like Texas, but can we fuckin' not for a week? Just once?

Hayden fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Mar 2, 2021

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Shima Honnou posted:

Eventually I'll get used to having extra money but for now it just means I get even more ramen all at once, though eventually I will find and try like IDK kappa's butthole flavor ramen.

There's some really good ramens out there. TryGuys do a bunch of ramen eating stuff.

Also my gf got some Korean Army Soup Ramen which is really tasty.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Shima Honnou posted:

The answer is to order some high class bougie ramen. I know there have to be websites where you can get that really good poo poo they sell in Japan and Korea.

Akion
May 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

I order this stuff and it's pretty legit.

If I'm lazy, I have some Kikkoman ramen base concentrate. Toss it in a pot with water, toss in noodles, and fry up some green onions + mushrooms. I usually cook a batch of protein (my go-to cheap one is thin-sliced top round steak) at the beginning of the weak. All told it takes maybe 15 min to make a bowl of decent ramen.

Sometimes I'll get fancy and make a tare or my own broth or something but man, it's not so much better that it's worth the effort.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Pretty sweet newbie box thread up. Dope lever gat, doper curtains.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

This is the best instant ramen. All the flavors rock. You can tell it apart by its long-rear end packaging.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback

It was nice so I went outside, and I took the cat with. This time went a lot better than the last. At first he was just laying around, almost sulking. Then he decided he wanted to check out all the smells and started walking around, slowly at first, not going much further than the yard. After about ten minutes it was like walking a drunk, willful dog, but we were walking. And we had to go back, because I could hear his sister bawling her heart out from a good fifty feet away through a brick wall.

And then he didn't want to go back in.

Curiously, when they saw each other by the window at the door, the cat footballed under my arm, there was a little angry-cat noise. Not much. Just enough that I noticed. It went away as soon as I brought him in and put him down.

Bonus:

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Cyrano4747 posted:

Hydraulic Press Channel made some toilet paper into 12 gauge slugs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_kDrwBZsMg

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Hayden posted:

news: Greg Abbott announced that he's rolling back all Covid guidelines across Texas, including capacity limits and the mask mandate effective immediately next Wednesday , then went to lunch at a crowded Mexican restaurant.

The article I read made it sound like his order will supersede any orders given by county or city governments, but I'm not 100% on that yet.

God, this issue getting politicized has and will continue to get so many people killed. The CDC/Fauci/Doctors are all screaming, "DON'T LET UP RIGHT NOW, PLEASE GOD!" at the top of their lungs.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/02/health/us-coronavirus-tuesday/index.html

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Thread Question!

As most of you know, I run the "Grandpa Emails" thread where we laugh at the Gun Industry spam email we all get on a daily basis. Here it is -

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3945740

I also get pistol and concealed carry gun magazines. These are loving loaded with loving level poo poo of all sorts. I've thought about doing a thread about gun magazines and/or gun advertisements. The main goal is humor, but as I've seen with the Grandpa Emails the past few months tinged them all with politics.

Would you fine folks like a separate thread for Gun Mag/Gun Advertisement bullshit? Or would it be better served rolled into the Grandpa Thread?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

I mean, more threads more better but I imagine you could also roll them into grandpa thread or tacticlol depending on how they land.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Hayden posted:

just checked my america rulebook and no, no you cannot

congrats on getting the juice!

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

First the cold, now the virus, what will mess with Texas next?

AKZ
Nov 4, 2009

Fwiw my wife bought that exact harness and our cat got out of it when he freaked out on our porch and it was a dicey few seconds getting ahold of him and getting him inside. We had it pretty snug on him too, but watching him become a mini tornado that thing didn't stand a chance.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

AKZ posted:

Fwiw my wife bought that exact harness and our cat got out of it when he freaked out on our porch and it was a dicey few seconds getting ahold of him and getting him inside. We had it pretty snug on him too, but watching him become a mini tornado that thing didn't stand a chance.

I'm open to better suggestions. It looked alright. I know I should look for different things than a dog harness.

Edit: I caught a blep

NerdyMcNerdNerd fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Mar 2, 2021

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I'm open to better suggestions. It looked alright. I know I should look for different things than a dog harness.

Edit: I caught a blep

We've been prototyping something. The MK. II model should iron out all the kinks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go43XeW6Wg4

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Hayden posted:

Motherfuck Abbott. I still haven't gotten the vaccine and was intentionally holding off despite having an actual congenital heart defect, because my risk of infection is low and I wanted to let people who legitimately are higher risk get it first. Finally signed up yesterday.

Now I will legitimately tell anyone to just sign up and lie, Texas is officially shirking it's duty to protect citizens and should no longer hold the authority to determine who is or isn't eligible for the vaccine as a result.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Enter the woods, find a friend!

Hayden posted:

It's cool how some of my friends are reporting the ICUs in their areas of Texas are at 90%+ capacity already.

https://twitter.com/hoofcloppen/status/1349525964942835715

Real cool!

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Capn Beeb posted:

It's cool how some of my friends are reporting the ICUs in their areas of Texas are at 90%+ capacity already.

https://twitter.com/hoofcloppen/status/1349525964942835715

Real cool!

They, that's a whole 10% of slack you're not utilizing!

Hayden
Jan 17, 2006
buttsex?

Shooting Blanks posted:

Motherfuck Abbott.

Capn Beeb posted:

Real cool!

I know we just relitigated politics in the thread, so I'll just say this: that goddamned oak tree should have finished what it started, and I hope I live long enough to use the inevitable Greg Abbott Memorial Gender Neutral Public Toilet.

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004

The only silver lining of my current situation wrt Abbot and his callous disregard for human life is that I work for the military, which, astoundingly, has slightly less disregard for human life than does Governor Wheels, and has no plans to lift HPCON anytime soon.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

fatman1683 posted:

The only silver lining of my current situation wrt Abbot and his callous disregard for human life is that I work for the military, which, astoundingly, has slightly less disregard for human life than does Governor Wheels, and has no plans to lift HPCON anytime soon.

Imagine a erupting into while watches from the corner.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

fatman1683 posted:

Dude's gonna kill more people than Fort Hood.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Shooting Blanks posted:

Motherfuck Abbott. I still haven't gotten the vaccine and was intentionally holding off despite having an actual congenital heart defect, because my risk of infection is low and I wanted to let people who legitimately are higher risk get it first. Finally signed up yesterday.

Now I will legitimately tell anyone to just sign up and lie, Texas is officially shirking it's duty to protect citizens and should no longer hold the authority to determine who is or isn't eligible for the vaccine as a result.

Hell, even if you are not in Texas just sign up and lie. I might get banned or probed for this but for the love of god, if ANYONE has a chance to get the shot, jut get the loving thing. I jumped the line and just got my 2nd shot yesterday. I am neither rich nor do I have political clout, I just know someone who was able to hook me up with a leftover dose.

Unless you are using your huge amount of money and political influence to get it, I just don't see an ethical dilemma there. There are not wrong people to vaccinate, we just need as many shots in as many arms as possible. And if you are being choosy about who you vaccinate, vaccinating old fuckers who frankly no longer have careers, or friends and family members they are going to be spreading it to is really stupid. If you are over 70 then you should be able to sit the gently caress down and wait at home while the rest of us that have kids and jobs that we need to sustain in order to live should be able to get vaccinated.

My wife is a classroom teacher and was forced back to work with a bunch of middle schoolers in a building that was, just in the last year pre-pandemic, intentionally built too small because they believe that just to the north of one of the fastest growing cities pre-pandemic we would see the demographic bubble pass and have excess capacity. And they skipped making the windows open to save money. Luckily, down here in Oregon they decided to let teachers get vaccinated, but supposedly you can still spread it when vaccinated and I have a bunch of high risk conditions. So when I had a chance to get a shot, it was a no brainer. We weren't being left with an option to protect ourselves otherwise. We have 2 kids so it's not like one of us was going to move out.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Enter the woods, find a friend!

How do you even find out if the shots are available in your area? I haven't seen or heard of anything here.

All I know is the vaccine production pipeline has put a huge dent in other injectable prescription production, so that's fun and good and not at all frustrating

America

Edit:

Also hey, why is the avatar limit still 150kB? That seems oddly small by 2021 standards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

How do you even find out if the shots are available in your area? I haven't seen or heard of anything here.

All I know is the vaccine production pipeline has put a huge dent in other injectable prescription production, so that's fun and good and not at all frustrating

America

Edit:

Also hey, why is the avatar limit still 150kB? That seems oddly small by 2021 standards

Well, I knew someone. But there have been other people that literally find out when a clinic is happening and wait outside to see if there are leftover doses. Find out the verification and screening process for your state. if they don't verify and it's possible for someone your age to get the shot, just lie. It's probably a crime but the government caused this to become a crisis when it didn't have to be so it's up to your own sense of justice if it is right or wrong.

Edit: I got the Moderna shot and both times it has left me feeling pretty sick the next day and the injection site pain is real. I thought it would be like the flu vaccine and it is very much not anything like that. Like, I won't let my kids touch my arm, and I took today off work between the stomach upset, fatigue, headache, etc. The injection site pain was surprising even though they tell you that you might have a sore arm because duh, of course, you're expecting a bruise from the injection. It is probably the thinnest needle I have ever been stuck with and I thought it couldn't hurt that bud, but holy poo poo my bod's inflammatory response to it has been something else. My mom on the other hand just got her first shot and has felt no side effects.

therobit fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Mar 3, 2021