Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Got my second Pfizer shot a few hours ago, let's see tomorrow how hard this thing hits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

I am glad for the one and done J&J. Round two varies, but quite the heavy hitter for a lot of people.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

You know, I don't know which one I'm getting. It's one of the 2-shot ones. My second shot is 4 weeks after the first.

... so Moderna, I guess.

If I get a chance for J&J as well, I might also get it. And Pfizer.

Idiots don't want the vaccine?

More for me.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Since the EU is making GBS threads a brick about a couple clotting incidents in people 18-55 with the AstraZenica shot, BC has decided the smart thing to do is to just give it to the 55-65 age bracket so they have a lower chance of dying of covid at the risk of what appears to be a 1 in 100,000 chance of getting a clot from AstraZenica (though the EU has apparently identified it as primarily affecting women under 30).

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

You would sure think people going to a loving Oncology Infusion center once a month would be able to get the shot while they...infuse? Let's say infuse.

loving gently caress.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

After some self reflection, I've decided to at least keep posting until I get banned once.

I won't feel too bad about people making fun of my weird meltdown, because I already know I'm not going to stop doing those.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

As a form of ironic punishment we must make a forumwide rule that Dip Viscous cannot be banned no matter what, rules just no longer apply to them.

Akion
May 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

I second that motion.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

The motion passes.

Also, I just found out what “mumblecore” means and it makes me so angry.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Captain Log posted:

The motion passes.

Also, I just found out what “mumblecore” means and it makes me so angry.

SoundCloud rappers doing punk covers?

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Ramped straight past a ban to a 100k probe when I inevitably post like an rear end in a top hat.

I am like the shittiest Hell Rider.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Akion posted:

Got my first Pfizer shot today. That was the least painful shot I've ever gotten.

Feel a little funky but nothing too bad.

You'll feel like poo poo in about 4 hours.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

lite_sleepr posted:

I'm 6.5 hours past my second Pfizer shot and feel alright. Mildly sore arm and I needed a power nap about 2 hours post shot, but now it's alright.

If course I'm still taking tomorrow as a sick day since it's already booked due to post vaccine illness.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.

My first Pfizer shot was fine, except my arm felt like it got hit by a pitch from like 8 hour after to 36 hours after. Other than that, no biggie. Will report back after the second.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

First shot I barely even had a sore arm.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

I hear the Johnson & Johnson shot makes you like Trump.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Kazinsal posted:

SoundCloud rappers doing punk covers?

It’s apparently a genre of movies. Called mumblecore. A genre of movies called loving mumblecore.

Of course there is also mumbleGORE.

loving Christ.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

tarlibone posted:

I have it on good authority (a coworker) that you will become a gay tool of the liberal agenda if you get the shot, because the virus is a hoax and it was only a cover to get people to take the illuminati's mind control drugs.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback

tarlibone posted:

Cocaine Trump or 'no Diet Coke in the office' Trump?

AKZ
Nov 4, 2009

Have you looked at the movies that have been described using the term mumblegore?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Dang dicknose don't tuck that money under your eyelids!

Pillbug

I thought mumblegore was what comes out when you try to talk after someone decks you in the mouth.

AKZ
Nov 4, 2009

I mean, I think Blue Ruin is described as mumblecore and that movie rips.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I thought mumblegore was what comes out when you try to talk after someone decks you in the mouth.

I know what you wrote. That's not what I read though.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

lite_sleepr posted:

I've been feeling like I sprinted around a whole bunch since yesterday lol

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

AKZ posted:

Have you looked at the movies that have been described using the term mumblegore?

I’m angry at the stupid phrase. Mostly because I’ve thought it referred to a genre of music for the past five years.

“Jeff Who Lives At Home” is also loving awful.

Akion
May 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

lite_sleepr posted:

5 hours in and still alright. Little sore but otherwise pretty good.

AKZ
Nov 4, 2009

Captain Log posted:

I’m angry at the stupid phrase. Mostly because I’ve thought it referred to a genre of music for the past five years.

“Jeff Who Lives At Home” is also loving awful.

I don't know what "Jeff Who Lives At Home" is, but fair enough.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Captain Log posted:

Are you sure it doesn't refer to music? That is literally the only context in which I've heard it.

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Roger Baolong Thunder Dragon has been fascinated by this sophisticated and scientifically beautiful industry since childhood, and has shown his talent in the design and manufacture of watches.

My introduction to mumblecore was The Puffy Chair. I did not enjoy it.

Wikipedia article on mumblecore posted:

Mumblecore films tend to revolve around characters in their twenties and early thirties who are usually single, white, and fairly aimless in both their professional and personal lives.

No wonder. Very little relatability there for me

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Akion posted:

5 hours in and still alright. Little sore but otherwise pretty good.

What I heard is it's worst on people who've already had COVID, which it would be nice to know whether that month and a half sickness I had last year was COVID but they were still in full "you've never been to China so we aren't going to test you" mode when that happened so I never was able to get tested.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

madeintaipei posted:

I know what you wrote. That's not what I read though.

That would be cumblecore, and I hate that I typed that.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Used to be we just described those movies as being poo poo with manic pixie dream girls, I guess they needed a more succinct phrasing for it.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

I had my first pfizer shot about 7 hours ago and feel totally normal. Hope tomorrow's the same way!

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

HappyCapybaraFamily posted:

My introduction to mumblecore was The Puffy Chair. I did not enjoy it.

No wonder. Very little relatability there for me

First Rocky movie is mumblecore.

Akion
May 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Shima Honnou posted:

What I heard is it's worst on people who've already had COVID, which it would be nice to know whether that month and a half sickness I had last year was COVID but they were still in full "you've never been to China so we aren't going to test you" mode when that happened so I never was able to get tested.

Yep. My understanding is if you've had COVID in the last 6 or so months, shot 1 is the worst. If you haven't shot 2 is the worst.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

You want to know what feels good?

This. This feels good. This is what happens when you sort through pounds of jumbled coins form 40+ countries. With five generations of British people contributing to it. This doesn't account for my personal British stuff, which will be folded in later.

That's all my United Kingdom Era coinage (1801 - 1967) combined with modern British coinage. Top two rows - Old poo poo. Bottom two rows - newer poo poo.

Nothing there is in special condition or worth more than five bucks, so it doesn't need to be individually sleeved.

But you want to know the textbook definition of asinine? Look up British Decimal Coinage. The pound was originally 240 pence. Meaning you had farthings, half pennies, pennies, three pence, six pence, shilling, florin, half crown, and crown. None of those have any real rational system behind how many of one make up the other. I'm not even getting into guineas and sovereigns. Sorting this poo poo drat near broke my brain.

--------------------------

After the last UFC, I've finally decided to start using a VPN. Recommend me an easy to use VPN for a person who wants to being able to access British streaming services with the least amount of fuss. gently caress being region blocked out of everything.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

15 hours after Pfizer #2 and my arm is definitely more sore, but otherwise it isn't too bad so far.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

Awww yeah, free room upgrade at the hotel because the room I stay in every week wasn’t available. I don’t have a use for a sofa bed but like, maybe I’ll use it just to use it. And then probably have crippling back pain because sofa bed.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

madeintaipei posted:

Have you accepted our Lord and Saviour, the Beeman P17, into the soft flesh between your thumb and forefinger?

... soon. I did look at the gas piston models, but those price points were a bit serious. The P17, on the other hand, looks remarkably accurate for its price point. So soft handflesh will soon experience the single-stroke pneumatic bliss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thelonious
Jul 15, 2005

Had my first dose of Moderna about 24 hours ago. Arm is a little bit tender, but otherwise I feel fine. I have to say I was pretty impressed with how slick their operation was, I expected worse from my podunk county health dept.

Vaccination rates are lagging here though. They said if things keep up like this within two weeks they're going to have more doses than arms to put them in.