Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AmbassadorofSodomy
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

In the last year or so I've gotten 3 new guns. Two are new new, and one is only new to me.
I don't really know how to deal with these threads except to just be all like "check this poo poo out its pretty dope".
Also, I'm an awful photographer and not particularly creative with this type of poo poo. So the pics, while they'll give you a good idea of what I got are probably too bright in some spots, and lovely/ dark in other spots. But gently caress it, I got three new guns that I haven't even shot yet cause the fuckin plague and my club is shotgun only.....

First off is one I got in May.
Savage Axis, left handed bolt action in 6.5mm creedmoor with a Vortex Crossfire ii 3x9-40 scope on this poo poo. One thing thats kind of annoying is that when I lift up the bolt on this thing it comes close to hitting the scope, so I had to move it way forward. I don't know how much that will affect the balance or any poo poo like that. Also, the flip up cover has to be turned sideways because I am a defective left hander and my fingers will hit the release when I work the bolt.

My curtains are sweet as gently caress.

Next up is my Savage Mkii BTVLSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
I have a raging boner for laminate thumbhole stocks and had been lusting after this one for quite some time. After putting it off for way too long, I finally dropped down the money for it. Nearly 800 bucks and a 5 or 6 week wait time as the place (LGS) had to order it. Still needs a scope, but I'll probably get another vortex Crossfire ii in 2x7-32 or whatever that one is.

Lastly, is one I picked up last week.
Its a Winchester model 94 in .30-30. Despite my post some weeks ago asking about another .30-30 and someone mentioning that that gun was worthless because it was a .30-30 I paid money for this one anyway. Its not the same one that I asked about, nor was it the same one that I went to go see when I took a trip to another LGS. I had to meet my nephew to give him some poo poo to give to my brother, and traffic was lovely getting to the spot. Then, I tried to call the gun shop to see if it was still in stock, but telus was having some network issues or something so my call kept getting dropped. It didn't matter anyway.
I drive to the store because I figured gently caress it, I'm half way there anyway, walk in and I'm all like "yo I want to take a look at that 94 in .30-30". Guy points to it on the counter and asked me if thats the one I'm looking for. I said yeah, and he said "its sold".
The buyer had come in about 15 minutes before I got there to buy it. But they had a second one that was a hundred bucks cheaper. I looked it over and it was in great shape. The wood was clean, only a couple small dents in the stock, finish is decent. The one I wanted was a pre-64 model, so before Winchester "got lovely", and the one I ended up buying was made in about '74 according to the serial number. It seems to be in good shape and was 113 bucks (with taxes) cheaper than the other one, so I took it home instead.

This pretty much completes my "I really fuckin want that" list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Came for the sweet 94 lever action, stayed for my grandmaís curtains.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.

My very first rifle was a Savage 93R17BTVSS, so basically the same gun but right-handed and in .17 HMR. They're really nice guns! you've got a pretty nice setup so far! If I were you I'd look into a Henry in .22 to be a cheaper to shoot counterpart to the Winchester.

thr33n0r
Nov 18, 2006
www.theowla.com

don't listen to the haters, .30-30 rules.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

There might be more well-designed calibers, but .30-30 has killed a lot of whitetail deer over the years. My dad hunted with very similar guns and irons for something like 40 years. You should be able to buy ammo in any dinky podunk town in the U.S., if things ever calm down.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Enter the woods, find a friend!

Lever gang lever gang lever gang

Also yeah .30-30 to me is a big shrug, but that's just because I don't reload and if I ever went for white tail I'm certain that .357 Mag out of my Marlin would be plenty. Our deer are pretty dang small.

Now on the other hand, if you can reload .30-30? Well

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Cyrano4747 posted:

Came for the sweet 94 lever action, stayed for my grandma’s curtains.

This person could have legit said that's a shower curtain and I would have believed it if not for the photos showing light coming from the bottom.

Sweet gats, but next time tell people that's a shower curtain and see how long you can field questions about taking pictures of guns in your bathroom while keeping a straight face.

AmbassadorofSodomy
Dec 30, 2016

gently caress it, those are my regular curtains and I don't give a gently caress.

Beardless posted:

My very first rifle was a Savage 93R17BTVSS, so basically the same gun but right-handed and in .17 HMR. They're really nice guns! you've got a pretty nice setup so far! If I were you I'd look into a Henry in .22 to be a cheaper to shoot counterpart to the Winchester.
THe .17hmr seemed to be in stock in a few places around here, in left hand, but I'm a cheapskate and wanted a .22 because ammo is even cheaper. Unless I get the money to buy myself a bespoke Spanish SxS shotgun (I need to stay away from gun shows as there are too many nice Spaniards for sale), then probably a .22 lever will be my next purchase

thr33n0r posted:

don't listen to the haters, .30-30 rules.
I didn't.

boxen posted:

There might be more well-designed calibers, but .30-30 has killed a lot of whitetail deer over the years. My dad hunted with very similar guns and irons for something like 40 years. You should be able to buy ammo in any dinky podunk town in the U.S., if things ever calm down.

That was pretty much my thinking. Its kinda the quintessential deer gun. I wanted a lever gun in an olde tymey caliber and I figured .30-30 was cheaper than .45-70, but more powerful than .44-40. Also available everywhere.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Old lever actions are great. My FIL brings his grandadís 1894 out whenever we go to our cabin. I havenít used it for hunting yet, but itís neat to have a 100+ year old gun thatís brought home tons of deer hanging out on the wall.

AmbassadorofSodomy
Dec 30, 2016

Shooting Blanks posted:

This person could have legit said that's a shower curtain and I would have believed it if not for the photos showing light coming from the bottom.

Sweet gats, but next time tell people that's a shower curtain and see how long you can field questions about taking pictures of guns in your bathroom while keeping a straight face.
The light in my bathroom would probably make for some good photos actually. Its small, the paint is white, and the light over the mirror is bright as hell.
Still don't give a gently caress. My curtains rule.
When I moved in to this place, I posted a few pics on fakebook and was all "check out the pad I just bought", and the curtains were in the shot. My cousin asked me "are those the curtains from your grandmother's living room? I wish. But gradma was Italian and had the gold curtains and a bunch of other gold furniture for that matter. This place had some Polish lady here before me. Maybe its an old European immigrant thing.

Democratic Pirate posted:

Old lever actions are great. My FIL brings his grandad’s 1894 out whenever we go to our cabin. I haven’t used it for hunting yet, but it’s neat to have a 100+ year old gun that’s brought home tons of deer hanging out on the wall.

Thats sweet, family guns are cool.. Years ago, my brother found my Grandad's old shotgun (gold curtain grandad) hidden under the stairs at their place. I wish I could have seen it but he turned it over to the cops. I didn't have my license at the time. I have my dad's old Cooey model 84 20 gauge. It doesn't see much use, but I make sure to give some exercise every now and then.

AmbassadorofSodomy
Dec 30, 2016

wesleywillis posted:

The light in my bathroom would probably make for some good photos actually. Its small, the paint is white, and the light over the mirror is bright as hell.

On the other hand. Doesn't seem to make a difference. Or maybe I'm just THAT bad at picture taking.

Toilet Gun:

Laurona (Spanish) 20g. Mfgd 1973

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH

"I got nines in the bedroom, Glocks in the kitchen
A shotty by the shower if you wanna shoot me while I'm shittin'"