Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
March 9: The final day to declare a franchise player, before 4:00 PM ET.

March 15 – 17: Teams can begin entering contract negotiations with players who will be unrestricted free agents. Qualifying offers to restricted free agents and offers to unrestricted free agents who the team wants to retain should also be made during this stretch. This is otherwise known as the “legal tampering period.”

March 17: At 4:00 PM ET, free agency officially begins, and teams may begin signing players or trading players who are still under contract. Additionally, all teams must be under the salary cap at this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Per Jane Slater of NFL Network, Dak's camp is apparently asking for his new contract to pay him "just below Mahomes", probably north of $40 mil per.

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/dak-prescott-contract--patrick-mahomes-01ezsvwvmsgn

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

seiferguy posted:

The Cowboys. Its one of his 4 destinations if he were to be traded.

The Cowboys legit makes the most sense on both ends. I'm getting a little tired of Jerry hemming and hawing about re-signing Dak and REALLY don't want this to end in a Cousins situation where they franchise him a second time and he bolts next offseason. Next year's draft has a dearth of good QB talent and SOMEONE is going to give him $40 mil+ AAV to come play for them like he wants unless he gets hurt again this year or has an awful season.

Dak's a downgrade from Russ, sure, but he's not a HUGE downgrade (going from like 5th best QB in the league to the 10th) plus Seattle would get the 10th overall pick which they could get one of the best positional players in the draft this year since 3 or 4 of the first 9 picks are going to be QBs, in addition to the Cowboys' 1st rounder next year, I'm sure.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Its Rinaldo posted:

Dak wants to get paid and no way would I want to pay more for Dak than what I'm currently getting on a better QB from Wilson.

Sure, but that's if Wilson still really wants to play in Seattle, and if he hasn't seriously damaged his relationship with his o-line and possibly other teammates, and if Carroll still wants to put up with him and not get another QB. Hard to know how they all feel internally about all those things, they haven't released a statement about it yet and currently seem to be taking the neutral "not actively shopping Russ or anything, but listening to phone calls about it" stance.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

:lol: The Cowboys could've had him for $35 million per last year if they'd been willing to fully guarantee it and give him more a year later after he's suffered a brutal season ending injury.

Never change, Jerry.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

really queer Christmas posted:

7-9 for 3 years straight

7-9 is the new 8-8

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Tim Whatley posted:

Jerry Jones is without a doubt one of the dumbest Americans alive

I'm at the point where, even as a fan, I kind of don't even want the Cowboys to win a Superbowl while Jerry's GM and vindicate his last quarter-century of arrogance and idiocy.

Thankfully I don't think I'll ever have to worry about that.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

D-LINK posted:

Well yeah, but it's entirely self-inflicted overpayment

Yup, Dak actually came to Jerry last year willing to take $35 per if they would've fully guaranteed it, Jerry & Stephen wouldn't budge, and it just pissed off Dak and he doubled-down this year and forced Jerry to pay him or take the PR hit if he left next year leaving the Cowboys in their post-Aikman dark years.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Hughmoris posted:

I'm going on record that the Cowboys drastically overpaid for the return they'll get. Just lol at those numbers for a QB who was 2-3 before he got injured this season.

To be fair in like the first 6-8 games of last year the Cowboys had like the worst defense of all time so I don't really put that record on him.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

K8.0 posted:

Had no idea Russ was going to be a character in Kojima's next game.

SUCH A LUST FOR BULLSHIT! WHOOOOOOOO?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

CharlestheHammer posted:

That doesn’t seem that great a deal for the phins

They weren't replacing Tua, it nets them Pitts or Chase, and they still get an extra 1st in two years. Seem like good overall deals.