Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

sharknado slashfic posted:

Dolfans how many losses was it before Dan Campbell's gimmick wore thin?

his what now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

This is what Watt originally said.

"It's really minimalistic. The only thing I have to focus on is training and that's the way I like it. There's no frills, there's nothing to distract you up here. It's just an empty space and a log cabin and snow."

this is the cabin

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

offseason distraction

needs to get his head in the playbook imo

that's cool i will watch

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

All this proves is that Baker is a moron.

Why would reporting a UFO sighting make you a moron?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I think literally everyone who does it is a moron because 99% of the time it’s dumb bullshit. It’s not unique to Baker.

All it means is you saw a flying object that you couldn't identify :shrug:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

fsif posted:

Tom Brady is horrible and a few funny tweets from a talented PR firm don't change that he's a huckster cheating fraud with a MAGA cap in his locker.

correct

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Diva Cupcake posted:

I thought ice baths were all just lovely pseudo-science and athletes like them because they also love recovery crystals and holograms.

Based on what I've read, ice baths can give you immediate pain relief after a tough workout, but there is very little evidence that they help you "recover" in any meaningful way.

You're way better off doing active recovery like stretching, yoga or getting a massage.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

What is Odell Beckham’s trade value?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

the Belichick vs Brady thing is such First Take / talk radio bullshit lol

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Goddammit go away Brady

you better get used to it man

he's gonna be in the nfl cheating and frenching your kids well into his 60s

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

They're probably doing the same stuff that the Pats used to do where he takes "team friendly deals" while the team throws money at his bullshit TB12 scam.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Chris James 2 posted:

Very upsetting to see the Dolfans still raging at the man no longer plaguing their division

You don’t have to fight this anymore

https://twitter.com/dril/status/247222360309121024?s=20

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

do you think he signed it with his pencil?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

Nothing is going to happen until the Watson situation is finalized.

This is kind of why I want the Texans to screw around and not trade Watson this offseason. I want to see how big of a mess it creates.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

never heard of him!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1371478691390353412?s=20

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Uh, we should probably take the allegation seriously until proven otherwise.

I realize the Texans are lovely and the lawyer had some connection to the McNairs, but it’s a woman making a sexual assault allegation and she deserves to not be dismissed immediately.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Joey Freshwater posted:

This is ultimately irrelevant but why would a pro athlete go to a massage parlor anyway? Doesn't the team have a staff that includes masseuse? Or if you dont like those, you have a jillion dollars, why not have an in-home one where they come to you?

I guess this is a same kind of 'why do athletes drunk drive when the team has drivers/uber exists'

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Going into a massage parlor and asking for a happy ending and making a legit massage therapist uncomfortable is a lovely thing to do.

I used to go for massages because my neck is all screwed up. The lady I went to had to rent out a shared space because she no longer felt safe from all the creepy guys coming in expecting a handjob or more.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

nah posted:

It is a lovely not nice thing to do but that's about it

Going into anyone's place of employment and asking them to touch your dick is sexual harassment unless the person you're asking is an actual sex worker.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

nah posted:

Maybe he thought she was. Also maybe it didn't happen

My contention is that it is bizarre how many people are immediately jumping to "oh whatever! Deshaun wouldn't do that! Also the Texans are a poo poo franchise and they're probably behind this!"

like what the hell?

All I'm saying is we should treat this like any other allegation.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

sharknado slashfic posted:

He should have just checked rubmaps.com

this is another important point, thank you

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

He's hosed if she has those messages.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The way that situation is described is exactly the reason my old masseuse got that shared office space I mentioned earlier. When people get started as a masseuse they have to build up their client list and it's pretty common to start out of their house before they can afford an office space.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

mcmagic posted:

It's just too convenient that this bottomfeeding lawyer is buddies with the McNairs who we know are horrible, racist people and have a giant ax to grind with Watson. I just flat out don't believe that he did this.

I don't understand why you need to be convinced either way this early on. Just take the accusation seriously and wait for more info to come out :confused:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

This is the twitter account of someone on carolinahuddle who is known to have sources within the organization

https://twitter.com/Nat_NFLDraft/status/1372226452293312529?s=20

Allbright seems to think it's Carolina.

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/1372215291707420675?s=20

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I cannot wait to see what the trade for Deshaun is if he goes to Carolina.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Here is what the instagram post says:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMh_LU6pnw1/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

quote:

My associate, Cornelia, and I will file the second of what is now four cases on behalf of women against Deshaun Watson today. The cases allege assault. We won't share the alleged details here, and we won't try the case in the press, but the cases are publicly filed for all to see. I appreciate the calls of support that we have received from those who support these brave women. It takes a lot of guts to stand up to the powerful, when you are perceived powerless. Since filing the first case yesterday, I have had several death threats and multiple people have harassed my children. The blame the victim (or her lawyers) mentality is alive and well!! I love football as much as the next person (although I've never been a Texans fan.) But I don't love it that much!! Makes me shake my head that people are so passionate about football to the point of irrationality, while at the same time they could care less who the mayor or president will be.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

:10bux: says this fucker is just trying to gather phone numbers up to shill TB12 garbage

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Did anyone post the second filing against Deshaun?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FRZz_xbbnrWgKdFTGdpkmauL2FHMOFOh/view

Another very detailed and similar accusation.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1372541075773079556?s=20

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

jesus christ :stonk:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I wonder what it will take for anyone in the mainstream sports media to acknowledge this situation exists.

I saw the one PFT thing, but it doesn't seem like any of the NFL network or .com or ESPN people have said anything yet.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

mcmagic posted:

This is the same McNair buddy bottomfeeding lawyer. I'm super skeptical of all of this. The timing is too convenient for the Texans.

love to tank the value of my most valuable asset right before I trade him

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

What even is the Buzbee and McNair connection? All we know is Buzbee claimed to be neighbors with McNair at one point back in 2014. Somehow this has been distorted into them being so close that Buzbee is willing to represent six different women in knowingly bullshit sexual harassment/assault claims just to smear Deshaun Watson on his way out the door.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

tweet with the pic of Andy made me laugh

https://twitter.com/kfishbain/status/1372632885476331524?s=20

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

X posting

https://twitter.com/SportsVanessa/status/1372737151155179522?s=20

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

fsif posted:

There's a pretty wide gulf between including a Photoshopped text message to appear for a few seconds in a political ad (that Buzbee readily admitted was an "artistic rendering") and creating at least nine fake identities with nine fake accusations and submitting fraudulent evidence before a civil court judge.

yes but have you considered that like 7 years ago Buzbee had a social media post where he said he was neighbors with McNair?!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

mcmagic posted:

There is nothing in those texts that is proof that he did what is in the lawsuits though.

It's not a smoking gun and it doesn't prove that the complaints that were filed are true. But at a minimum those texts prove an interaction between Deshaun and the accusers. And that he did something that made one of them uncomfortable. It's like finding proof that puts him at the scene of the crime(s).

mcmagic posted:

The guy is utter scum dude. He's one of the biggest Trump fundraisers in Houston. He doesn't give a poo poo about sexual assault or harassment. That doesn't mean that Watson didn't do those things but this lawyer is clearly out for money or to ruin Watson. (which he might deserve)

I understand that he's probably a piece of poo poo, but you keep harping on his character and I don't understand the point you're making. It feels like you're implying that we should take the allegations less seriously because the lawyer is a piece of poo poo, and I just fundamentally disagree with that.

We have multiple, detailed complaints and we have messages that seem to prove that Deshaun and these women had interactions. The NFL is now investigating it as well.

I'm not saying WELP THAT'S ALL I NEED, HE'S GUILTY. I'm saying that if your initial position was "this buzbee is a piece of poo poo and I have reservations about the legitimacy of these accusations!" you should be probably be moving off of that position.

The initial position some people took that Buzbee invented all of this because he's an attention whore or in cahoots with the Texans looks less and less credible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Do we have any Darnold trade rumor updates?

just this

https://twitter.com/MattLombardoNFL/status/1371988963725082625?s=20