Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

fartknocker posted:

gently caress Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys. Make them pay out the rear end.

I'm guessing they tag him again and kick the can down the road and then a worse QB gets $40m per and lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Kalli posted:

He can make it a huge headache by just saying that he'll snap sign a Franchise tag immediately,
They'd have to redo / cut players to free up about ~$18m in contracts to even franchise tag him.

Yeah they have like $19m in space before Dak is paid anything lol

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Maybe he ends his career backing up Jimmy G in NE.

:laugh:

kiimo posted:

Drew with a hair piece and skateboard showing up at camp like how do you do, fellow kids

Somehow Brady actually did this in Tampa Bay. Everyone assumed he hated young receivers in New England but it just turned out the ones they got in 2018-2019 just sucked rear end.

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Mar 5, 2021

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Nodoze posted:

Rodgers was getting the same poo poo too

I mean the split between people on Rodgers side vs McCarthy seemed like like 10:1.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

People living during classical antiquity weren’t that short, it wasn’t until the Industrial Revolution and kids growing up in those slums where we saw a lot of short people.

Europeans seeing the new world for the first time usually commented on how much healthier the natives looked than themselves.

Until, you know, the smallpox got around :smith:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Intruder posted:

Yeah Dak rules

Should've paid him a year ago Jerry

Or two, poo poo.

Jerry ends up paying more than Dak's original ask, by a good amount, for the same length Dak wanted, and with a no trade/tag clause to boot lmfao

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

ketchup vs catsup posted:

the patriots team podcast crew is really high on having Jimmy G back and I just don't get it.

he's good in small sample sizes and then he gets hurt, and that's with rosters better than the Patriots.

I don't see the sense in getting him unless it's clear to everyone he's a bridge guy and they're in the hunt for the next franchise QB. Jimmy G ain't it.

I don't get it either. He's Mr Glass.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

And who's going to be throwing to him?

Brees hasn't actually retired yet :corsair:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Belichick seems to be infatuated with him.

Yeah, Belichick spent 2020 talking up Cam and defending his awful play after 20 years of being :geno: about Tom loving Brady and it's just bizarre to me.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Random question:

Does anybody think Cam Newton has a hope in hell of being any good in 2021?

Watching him in 2020 made me think he was 100% done, like his arm looked totally dead on anything more demanding than dumpoffs. But apparently there are some Well Actually hot takes out there that say otherwise.

I get that the Pats roster was Real Bad but Cam looked like the act of throwing was just a lost cause for him at times.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

seiferguy posted:

I wonder how much of Cam's awful play was COVID related. He had that fantastic game against the Seahawks, got the 'rona and played like trash the rest of the season.

To me, the talent is still there. You just need to have the Old Kai dance around him for 24 hours to unleash his full power again, or something.

What scared me wasn't that he had generic bad games, it was that you'd watch him throw and he'd do an exaggerated shot put wind up to muscle a 10 yard out ...and it still came out slow.

Like a lot can be blamed on new offense, no offseason, bad receivers, and so on. But "physically throwing looks terrible" isn't a situational thing.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

I feel dirty doubting any woman's sexual harassment claim

I'm gonna stop here I think.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

I'm hoping it's an insane, farcical McNair/Easterby/Caserio conspiracy... because that would mean nobody was sexually harassed and we can all have a good laugh at the dumb, creepy weirdos destroying the Texans.

It's crazy to assume that's true though.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Yeah that's a big yikes :stare:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Eifert Posting posted:

It says something that on a conscience level I know there's no point in talking about this and I've been actively saying over and over again there's no point in talking about this but I still just can't stop loving posting about it. My brain is just so loving utterly broken.

I kind of get it to be honest, Watson wasn't "just" straightforwardly accused of awful sex crime poo poo, it was done in the most buffonish way possible by a cartoon turbo-huckster Texas :bahgawd: lawyer.

The alleged crimes are unfunny as gently caress, but the way the entire Texans-Watson saga has unfolded has been pants-on-the-head ridiculous, even how we've heard about the *sincerely horrible* stuff just now.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Eifert Posting posted:

One of the best things that could possibly happen to this loving doomed country is media collectively deciding to stop rushing to sensationalized news stories without a basic level of vetting or comprehension in the interest of engagement. Realistically it'll never happen because it means less money. The only thing that could conceivably be a better improvement on American media would be abandoning the fallacy that you have to give equal coverage to differing opinions regardless of how qualified or educated the opinion is.

I get what you're saying, but on the other hand removing the fairness doctrine actually made things worse, because instead of fake balance we got news channels and radio shows of nothing but unfiltered screaming madness.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Doltos posted:

He missed a wide open in route that looks like a second read considering the timing of the route. If you're in the NFL you can place the football, it's those little decisions that make you an unwanted commodity.

*Looks at 2020 Cam Newton*

Um :smith:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

I don't get the apparent fasciation the Pats have with Jimmy G, he's made of glass and was brutally mediocre in every one of his playoff games.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Timby posted:

He also spent God knows how many years taking direct hits to the skull at a time that such things were ignored or brushed aside with "eh, walk it off."

A former business partner of mine used to work in pro sports insurance for Lloyds of London, specializing in NFL contracts. He has a lot of stories of Collins needing pregame IVs just to be functional enough to walk out onto the field without puking, and other alcoholism-related antics that never made the papers (obviously, Collins did).

The other player about whom he has similar stories? Drew Bledsoe.

Bledsoe was an original "million dollar arm, ten cent brain" guy so no shock there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

:hmmyes: