Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

As a Texan I invite you to move here and please bring your commie votes. I understand if you can’t make that sacrifice but remember that if you do your sacrifice might lead to Ted Cruz breaking down and crying on television for our viewing pleasure so it might be worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

fizzymercury posted:

Your friend is batnuts and you should ask him if he's okay. I don't think he's okay.

I've only ever lived in Florida and Texas but now I get to move to Michigan so at least this is a good excuse to move faster. You know, outside of my ruined house and no job prospects.

I loved my garbage state until like two years ago. Now I still love parts of it but the people in my area are completely loving insane and it's scary. 2% of my hometown voted for Biden. That's 67 people. Nothing in this town is worth it. Not even the nice VW hall.

This is sad. I'm so sad.

This friend became a cop and he's a nice and smart guy and by all accounts a non-murdery and fair polcie, but he's also extremely susceptible to following the ideals of people who outrank him. This has been a thing forever with him, any job he has had, from cop to warehouse worker, he started to like the same music, restaurants, etc that his supervisors and bosses liked. So naturally he's become kind of a weird chuddy kind of guy but not completely - like not Qanon or anything but just anti-homeless, anti-drug, pro-gun, blah blah.

So basically he's just straight up saying that small town Oregon is too liberal and he doesn't like where the state is going. So he's moving to Dallas or something. He also said he didn't want to move to Austin because it was like "the Portland of Texas" lmao

Sad to see but what can you do

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Xenocides posted:

As a Texan I invite you to move here and please bring your commie votes. I understand if you can’t make that sacrifice but remember that if you do your sacrifice might lead to Ted Cruz breaking down and crying on television for our viewing pleasure so it might be worth it.

I might consider to move there as a brown person but my life expectancy will drop sharply but that's the price for making Ted Cruz cry. :patriot:

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
reading twitter and insta replies to this and the two most common things people are saying are

"he's not *banning* masks. you can still wear one if you want"

and

"just stay inside if you're so scared"

and i genuinely can't wrap my head around that thinking. why do people not realize my mask doesn't prevent you from breathing all over me? And also why do you think i *want* to stay inside lmbo

teen phone cutie fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Mar 3, 2021

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Mississippi just did it, too.

If Georgia does it, I will go poo poo on Kemp's desk. (this isn't a toxx, I have to hold my 13 year old great dane close to my heart)

Happy birthday dog!

Grump posted:

reading twitter and insta replies to this and the two most common things people are saying are

and

and i genuinely can't wrap my head around that thinking. why do people not realize my mask doesn't prevent you from breathing all over me? And also why do you think i *want* to stay inside lmbo

Because there are Texans outside?

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Grump posted:

and

Chuds are dumb enough to think that since libcucks are staying inside and wearing masks they must like staying inside and wearing masks. Otherwise they wouldn’t do it. There are literally people who think that this is a conspiracy to make people wear masks forever because they imagine that liberals actually want to wear them.

Yes, they are that self-absorbed that they cannot conceive of a person that would deliberately choose to do something they do not want to do for long-term gain for themselves or for someone else.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

YeahTubaMike posted:

I feel really bad for all the normal people just trying to live normal lives in Texas. They deserve better than this.

having lived in texas, i have come to the conclusion that the state is in fact a colossal binding ritual meant to imprison a demon of pure hatred and malice and no one has attempted to maintain the ley lines for centuries

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

EorayMel posted:

One time there was a goon from Texas who saw poop on the roof, then immediately went for a gun, then got locked out of the house, and systematically destroyed every single door in the house because of the poop on the roof. And all of GBS rightfully dunked together.

I am dead loving serious

I saw poo poo on my roof so I grabbed a gun. - Texan

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Then the door swung closed behind me so I called the police before running through my house, kicking doors open and waving a gun. - :derp:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I considered moving to Texas once. It was before I was overly political and I was basically a traditional republican at the time. My ex-wife's chud parent's moved down there to be with their chud son who had a degree in political science. He literally talked like "Oh Buffy, we MUST go play tennis right now." He was like a cartoon. We went to Austin and that was pretty cool. Reminded me of Wisconsin. Bars as far as they eye can see. But with live music and every little place had their own gimmick. The chuds lived in like Rockford or Rockland or something. I liked the warm weather and the apartments were cheap around there. Well, cheaper than where we lived near Seattle.

We also went to San Antonio or wherever the Alamo is and holy poo poo. I've never seen more fat people in my entire life. And I live in Wisconsin. I don't mean like overweight like we are here. I mean like SEVERELY obese. Almost everyone. 95% of the people. Like, the "how do you walk without a walker or rascal" type. It was completely mind blowing. Never saw anything like that in my life before. It was enough to make me think to myself, "holy poo poo, everyone here is terribly obese." That's not a normal thought I have. I don't mean to offend obese people, but as an entire population, that's uh.... something. Like, a drain on our healthcare system. It's not a single person, but everyone.

Burn Texas to the ground.

edit: I don't mean to be... mean, but it was an observation I had and it was stunning. I'm overweight but I mean, jesus.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Mar 3, 2021

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

fizzymercury posted:

Your friend is batnuts and you should ask him if he's okay. I don't think he's okay.

I've only ever lived in Florida and Texas but now I get to move to Michigan so at least this is a good excuse to move faster. You know, outside of my ruined house and no job prospects.

I loved my garbage state until like two years ago. Now I still love parts of it but the people in my area are completely loving insane and it's scary. 2% of my hometown voted for Biden. That's 67 people. Nothing in this town is worth it. Not even the nice VW hall.

This is sad. I'm so sad.

this post didn't age well considering Michigan is being stupid, too

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

We also went to San Antonio or wherever the Alamo is and holy poo poo. I've never seen more fat people in my entire life. And I live in Wisconsin. I don't mean like overweight like we are here. I mean like SEVERELY obese. Almost everyone. 95% of the people. Like, the "how do you walk without a walker or rascal" type. It was completely mind blowing. Never saw anything like that in my life before. It was enough to make me think to myself, "holy poo poo, everyone here is terribly obese." That's not a normal thought I have. I don't mean to offend obese people, but as an entire population, that's uh.... something. Like, a drain on our healthcare system. It's not a single person, but everyone.

Burn Texas to the ground.

edit: I don't mean to be... mean, but it was an observation I had and it was stunning. I'm overweight but I mean, jesus.

San Antonio is an amazingly obese place but also did you eat the food? There is a ridiculous amount of crazy good food there. Plus it's a tourist trap probably everywhere you went. Fatties love the riverwalk SO MUCH.

But Texas is the fattest state to me. Wisconsin wasn't that bad, y'all are just all Large People. We fat as hell here. Not everyone, but it's kinda weird.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

this post didn't age well considering Michigan is being stupid, too

Yeah I don't make good choices, ever.

fizzymercury fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Mar 3, 2021

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Unfortunately I don't remember eating the food. I'm sure it was great though. I mean, it MUST be.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

AHH F/UGH posted:

This friend became a cop and he's a nice and smart guy and by all accounts a non-murdery and fair polcie, but he's also extremely susceptible to following the ideals of people who outrank him. This has been a thing forever with him, any job he has had, from cop to warehouse worker, he started to like the same music, restaurants, etc that his supervisors and bosses liked. So naturally he's become kind of a weird chuddy kind of guy but not completely - like not Qanon or anything but just anti-homeless, anti-drug, pro-gun, blah blah.

So basically he's just straight up saying that small town Oregon is too liberal and he doesn't like where the state is going. So he's moving to Dallas or something. He also said he didn't want to move to Austin because it was like "the Portland of Texas" lmao

I didn't know "anti homeless" was actually a thing.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW posted:

How? Do you just never go to cities?

e: actually that's dumb. Country folks are loving terrified of homeless.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Unfortunately I don't remember eating the food. I'm sure it was great though. I mean, it MUST be.

Barbecue. Tex Mex. Sausage, jalapeño, and cheese kolaches. Goddamn do I miss never being a stone's throw from a restaurant serving fine examples of any of these foods.

That's about all I miss, though. Minnesota cuisine is ok.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW posted:

one of the biggest jobs of police is demolishing homeless camps or trashing their backpacks

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Grump posted:

and

Republicans are braindead idiots. Hope this explains it.

new boot goofin
Jul 23, 2007

like school in july

Should have opened fire on the pile of turds, imo

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
this thread just made me remember a texan I knew who used to drive around at night with his friends huffing freon. they would fill trash bags with it by cutting air conditioner lines and then take it back to the car

like, i know people huff all sorts of poo poo to get high but when he told me that i realized how little i knew of the world

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Freon gives you mild euphoria for about 5 seconds. Just huff ether Bubba, goddamn.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Colonel Cancer posted:

Have they tried shooting at covid

With any luck, they will make this logical connection:

1. Covid test gets done in the nose
2. Covid lives in the nose, but deep behind it
3. I can kill covid by shooting at it from the front of my face

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

a mysterious cloak posted:

With any luck, they will make this logical connection:

1. Covid test gets done in the nose
2. Covid lives in the nose, but deep behind it
3. I can kill covid by shooting at it from the front of my face

Print this out and put it on phone polls like those flyers for missing dogs, IMO

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

i know where im going for spring break!
Nah, you want Hilton Head.

Hilton Head and Parris Island are close geographically but worlds apart.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

CannonFodder posted:

Nah, you want Hilton Head.

Hilton Head and Parris Island are close geographically but worlds apart.

I was under the impression that hilton head is populated entirely by scummy lawyers.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Where do I go to get island head from Paris Hilton ?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I'm pretty sure you just take her to an island. If she's down to do that of course.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

God drat we are so hosed.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

big nipples big life posted:

I'm pretty sure you just take her to an island. If she's down to do that of course.

... because of the implication...

Real strong Dennis Reynolds energy

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
The only assumption I have anymore is that Greg Abbott is mad as hell Trump is getting a 500,000:1 k/d ratio and is hoping he can catch up.

Novo posted:

this thread just made me remember a texan I knew who used to drive around at night with his friends huffing freon. they would fill trash bags with it by cutting air conditioner lines and then take it back to the car

like, i know people huff all sorts of poo poo to get high but when he told me that i realized how little i knew of the world

Not gonna lie, if Houston gets hosed this summer with record-breaking temperatures killing hundreds because of R410-huffing fiends breaking every air conditioner in sight I'd start believing in God again, because that's loving hilarious.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

AHH F/UGH posted:

lol your friend is a blank slate and takes on the thoughts of people around him

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Yeah thats why he qualified to become a cop.

Wile E. Toyota
Jul 18, 2008

Under no circumstances should you be proud of someone for wearing flip-flops.
First a week without power and water, now this. My mom and grandparents haven't even signed up for the vaccine yet because they're scared of it. Can't I just live with my depression in peace without 400 tons of extra poo poo getting dumped on us by our leaders constantly. Please.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Chinatown posted:

Yeah thats why he qualified to become a cop.

My dad's grandson has wanted nothing more than to be a cop his entire life, he is now in school pursuing a criminal justice degree, he was in some high school program where they like, volunteer to be pretend cops, like, ROTC but for cops, at like 17 he was bragging about finding a small amount of pot in a parking lot, reporting it to the police, waiting around for the cop so he could proudly present his bust. He never talks about why he wants to become a cop, like, to better the community or anything, getting that badge is his entire raison d'etre.

God, he is just going to be the most insufferable piece of poo poo bad cop, he is about as charming as a teenager as you can imagine.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Not geographically accurate but you get the point.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Xenocides posted:

Chuds are dumb enough to think that since libcucks are staying inside and wearing masks they must like staying inside and wearing masks. Otherwise they wouldn’t do it. There are literally people who think that this is a conspiracy to make people wear masks forever because they imagine that liberals actually want to wear them.

Yes, they are that self-absorbed that they cannot conceive of a person that would deliberately choose to do something they do not want to do for long-term gain for themselves or for someone else.

I thought I had properly catalogued all the thought patterns of sub-human rightwingers but this is a new one.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yaldabaoth posted:

I thought I had properly catalogued all the thought patterns of sub-human rightwingers but this is a new one.
It's borderline pathologic, like an actual disease that happens from brain rot or something

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

AHH F/UGH posted:

Sounds like a not-nice and not-smart guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
The alumni of one of Texas' esteemed institutes of higher learning and football are Very Mad now because the school decided to stop singing the racist post-game song.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/03/01/ut-eyes-of-texas-donors-emails/

quote:

"It's time for you to put the foot down and make it perfectly clear that the heritage of Texas will not be lost," wrote another donor who graduated in 1986. Their name was also redacted by UT-Austin. "It is sad that it is offending the blacks. As I said before the blacks are free and it's time for them to move on to another state where everything is in their favor."