Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

lol My friend told me tonight he's considering moving there

I was like "oh cool" but inside I thought "why the gently caress would anyone actually move TO texas lmao"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

fizzymercury posted:

Your friend is batnuts and you should ask him if he's okay. I don't think he's okay.

I've only ever lived in Florida and Texas but now I get to move to Michigan so at least this is a good excuse to move faster. You know, outside of my ruined house and no job prospects.

I loved my garbage state until like two years ago. Now I still love parts of it but the people in my area are completely loving insane and it's scary. 2% of my hometown voted for Biden. That's 67 people. Nothing in this town is worth it. Not even the nice VW hall.

This is sad. I'm so sad.

This friend became a cop and he's a nice and smart guy and by all accounts a non-murdery and fair polcie, but he's also extremely susceptible to following the ideals of people who outrank him. This has been a thing forever with him, any job he has had, from cop to warehouse worker, he started to like the same music, restaurants, etc that his supervisors and bosses liked. So naturally he's become kind of a weird chuddy kind of guy but not completely - like not Qanon or anything but just anti-homeless, anti-drug, pro-gun, blah blah.

So basically he's just straight up saying that small town Oregon is too liberal and he doesn't like where the state is going. So he's moving to Dallas or something. He also said he didn't want to move to Austin because it was like "the Portland of Texas" lmao

Sad to see but what can you do

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

hazardousmouse posted:

lol your friend is a blank slate and takes on the thoughts of people around him

He's a good guy and a good friend and I believe if all cops were like him we'd be better off but :shrug: sucks

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

:sickos:

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Give me that 4th wave baby, let's fuckin' ride!!!