Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Am I mean to wish that Great O-Khan upsets Naito even if Naito winning makes more sense (giving GOK experience with the top stars of the promotion)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Holy poo poo that sad stare made Tana age 20 years

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Makoto Abe is cool and good. Now I have context for why EVIL hates him!

Oh also Great O-Khan vs Toru Yano tomorrow, Yano is going to be GOK's biggest opponent yet

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Gotta love the extended Ishii stagger/walkout from the arena

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Yeah, there goes my dream Shingo/Ishii final. I'll settle for a Shingo/Ospreay rematch where Shingo gets his win back, though.

Well, Shingo did win magnificently against Ospreay last G1

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
this is making a lot of assumptions but I would be into a Shingo/EVIL match

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I'm not sure what Henare needs to get to the next level. Maybe a shift to the tag division with a long-term partner who isn't an older dude would work? He's been spinning his wheels for ages despite getting progressively better.

I'd rather see Henare in the G1 than say, Yujiro or Fale.

Lily Catts fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Mar 11, 2021

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Jerusalem posted:

:stwoon:

These matches are gonna be so loving great

any combination of those for would be great, but I'm particularly hoping for Shingo vs KENTA, whom I don't think have faced in singles competition yet.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I think GoK losing to Yano makes sense in this stage of his career as it's been shown that he keeps getting outsmarted by craftier opponents (first, Tanahashi in their NEVER title match, then now Yano). Also lol if you win over New Japan's trickster god in your first try? The guy who broke Jon Moxley's winning streak?

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Is it just me or has Zack bulked up a bit

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Another time, fellow DOUKImaniacs...

I like O-Khan's new gear

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
EAT IT WILL

Okay they left DOUKI lol

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
God, Shingo's such a good promo.

I just thought of Shingo fighting all the recent NEVER title holders and now I'm sad that he never got to have a match with Shibata...

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Ospreay is probably winning the whole thing, but I'm pretty interested on whether he'll face Jay White or Tanahashi. Jay makes more sense, but given that Ospreay won clean in the G1 last time it would be a bit weird. Ospreay/Tana would clearly favor Ospreay, but it'll be an amazing match either way thanks to the Ace of the Universe.

Kind of hoping for Tanahashi to upset Jay White tomorrow tbh. Or make Jay win for a NEVER title shot...

EDIT: lol if Finlay or YOSHI-HASHI rise up though

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
drat, Shingo and KENTA could have a promo-off and it'd still be MOTYC material

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Nooo Henare don't turn

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Maybe Goto prioritizes work-life balance over winning the big one and I respect that

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I think I need a drink and time off from NJPW guys

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Stall_19 posted:

So is it the fact that she's his storyline girlfriend that's the controversy here? Because Randy Orton RKO'd Alexa Bliss a few weeks ago and I've heard nothing in the way of anyone pissed at the angle.

That's normal for WWE. I don't think I've ever seen a woman bump in NJPW ever. Even Miho Abe just gets terrorized, but never hit with anything.

EDIT: also someone mentioned DDT/TJPW and imo they're the perfect palate cleansers for whatever the gently caress this promotion has become

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Hand Liger the book Gedo