Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

just kidding on the last page. Shaq is naturally very gifted at wrestling and always has been

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Tonight's show delivered on all fronts, with the Ryo/Nyla match being exactly what I wanted it to be. I was a bit flat on the main event until the enormous brawl that followed it, which ruled. Can't wait for Sunday.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

The hall of famer is going to be Bad Bunny, who had been working WWE on a handshake deal.

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009

StarkRavingMad posted:

Shaq is 48 years old, has bad knees, has a net worth of like $400 million and a cushy NBA commentator job. He called Tony Khan up out of the blue to tell him that he wanted to wrestle, apparently trained enough at the Nightmare Factory to put on a good match including a very credible powerbomb, and took a bump from the apron to the floor through two tables. What a cool, weird dude.

That powerbomb was also a brodie tribute, Shaq is a good brother

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

In AEW adjacent news, Martin Casaus (aka Marty “The Moth” Martinez from Lucha Underground) is training at the Nightmare Factory after spending basically the last two years recovering from herniated discs in his spine:

https://twitter.com/cagesideseats/status/1367265760029134849

I always thought he did a lot with what started as basically a comedy gimmick and he was willing to put it all out there in the ring.

Healthy and in shape I would love to see him in AEW

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

The hall of famer is going to be Bad Bunny, who had been working WWE on a handshake deal.

I’d pop for it

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The AEW crowd is so good at playing along.

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Hasta la Sunset Vista, baby
Am I crazy or had Tony Khan tweeted that Hardy/Page was happening tonight instead of Sunday?

That Shaq bump put the biggest grin on my face too, he looked like he was just having a blast.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Envisioned posted:

Am I crazy or had Tony Khan tweeted that Hardy/Page was happening tonight instead of Sunday?

His tweet for the booking the match that happened contained the verbiage "Matt Hardy doesn't want to wait until Sunday"

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Hasta la Sunset Vista, baby

karmicknight posted:

His tweet for the booking the match that happened contained the verbiage "Matt Hardy doesn't want to wait until Sunday"

Ah okay, yeah that makes more sense.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Calmy and staidly remarking that Shaq was quite good

96 BELOW THE WAVE
Sep 12, 2011

all your prayers must seem as nothing

hi I had to take a break from everything but just popping in to say I've now seen four Ryo Mizunami matches and she is without question the greatest wrestler in the world and I loving cried when she beat Nyla (who I love)

I love wrestling and I love AEW I haven't been able to handle much of anything in the world for the last year but the sheer loving joy on Aniki and Shida's faces made me so loving happy

emisakurawatchinganikiwin.gif forever
I HEART ANIKI

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pylons posted:

The AEW crowd is so good at playing along.

Engage in good faith with your fans and they’ll engage with you right back.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

96 BELOW THE WAVE posted:

hi I had to take a break from everything but just popping in to say I've now seen four Ryo Mizunami matches and she is without question the greatest wrestler in the world and I loving cried when she beat Nyla (who I love)

I love wrestling and I love AEW I haven't been able to handle much of anything in the world for the last year but the sheer loving joy on Aniki and Shida's faces made me so loving happy

I HEART ANIKI

im glad you found ANIKI

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

I HEART ANIKI

Cool as cucumber, I will sign language to you with the hands of a surgeon that I agree with this sentiments

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

very cool that AEW remains a step ahead of their cursed women's division by replacing every injured star (first Kris, now Anna Jay) with some new ones like Ryo, Jade, Leyla, and Velvet. Velvet in particular ha improved so much, legit liteyears from when she started appearing on Dark.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/BowlingJD/status/1367214473266802695

edit: Batista in AEW would rule. Did they say what capacity the person would be appearing in?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Batista retired exactly how he wanted to and is doing well in film it’s not him.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

*Giant Brain Tony* Why can't the beef boy division be the commentary team?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I am so happy the Jade match banged. Ryo/Nyla too. Should shut a lot of people up.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

I HEART ANIKI

:hai:

I don't know if I would go as far as calling her the greatest wrestler ever, but goddamn if I wasn't instantly onboard the Aniki Express the moment I saw her first tournament match

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Seams posted:

edit: Batista in AEW would rule. Did they say what capacity the person would be appearing in?

no but it's likely the extra person who's going to be in the ladder match

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
the hall of famer is going to be america’s favorite son, the once and future president donald j trump

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

the j is for jericho

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

StarkRavingMad posted:

Shaq is 48 years old, has bad knees, has a net worth of like $400 million and a cushy NBA commentator job. He called Tony Khan up out of the blue to tell him that he wanted to wrestle, apparently trained enough at the Nightmare Factory to put on a good match including a very credible powerbomb, and took a bump from the apron to the floor through two tables. What a cool, weird dude.

Shaq is an insanely ambitious and driven dude, it doesn't surprise me at all that he went full effort to look as good as possible in that time frame.

Really good episode of dynamite top to bottom.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Watching on the West coast now, and just caught that Reba is “injured” so Britt is lobbying to choose a replacement partner if she can’t compete, so another possible debut there too. Does Deonna work heel in Impact? I do not watch Impact.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Watching on the West coast now, and just caught that Reba is “injured” so Britt is lobbying to choose a replacement partner if she can’t compete, so another possible debut there too. Does Deonna work heel in Impact? I do not watch Impact.
She does. I was thinking it could be Gail Kim too.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
*Paul Wight comes out the face tunnel with a mic*

"All right folks, I'm proud to announce our biiiiiig new signing! Let's all hear it folks for the king, the GOD OF THIS poo poo, NICK FUCKIN GAGE!!!!"

*Gage stomps out of the heel tunnel, smashes Paul in the face with a light tube, and starts throwing handfuls of thumbtacks at the crowd*

"Looks like AEW...is MDK!" JR exclaims

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
The Hall of Famer is Drew Carey.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Hall of Fame level talent is Trent Reznor, AEW wishes Mikey Rukus the best in his future endeavors.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

The Hall of Famer is Mongo, he's here to join Tully and Arn's Horsemen.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Sanguinia posted:

The Hall of Famer is Mongo, he's here to join Tully and Arn's Horsemen.

Petit Gregory posted:

He didn't specify what hall of fame.

It's Mongo

:v::respek::v:

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Lmao Shaq why though??? Did a lot better than I imagined but drat man you don’t need to be doing that

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

important note: Paul said hall of fame level talent, not someone actually in the hall of fame.

Ryback is the Big Show's Luther.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I want it to be Zack Sabre Jr

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

it's prolly either going to be maki (my heart screams it so) or thea trinidad

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Extremely so

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Jonny Nox posted:

important note: Paul said hall of fame level talent, not someone actually in the hall of fame.

That's a really good point.

What "name" talent is actually out there? As someone that lost interest and only followed wrestling passively for close to a decade before AEW I'm drawing a blank.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Zombie Lemur posted:

What "name" talent is actually out there? As someone that lost interest and only followed wrestling passively for close to a decade before AEW I'm drawing a blank.

Angle & Punk are the two I can think of that aren’t locked down by WWE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Zombie Lemur posted:

Lesnar (unless he is signed for Wrestlemania), Punk (unless his Fox contract forbids it, unlikely!), Angle, Batista, Trish Stratus, Lita, lots of Japanese freelancers, lots of older Mexican talent, AJ Lee (not really a Hall of Fame talent but definitely a name) and Jazz.