Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Is Jeff Hardy still stuck in injury prison?

yeah he's still signed with the wwe

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Seams posted:

edit: Batista in AEW would rule. Did they say what capacity the person would be appearing in?

no but it's likely the extra person who's going to be in the ladder match

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
honestly, if it's not a surprise wwe departure or someone coming in from a different company entirely for a debut/partnership, i'm thinking more and more that it might be chris hero? he's someone with enough of a history with current aew people, enough of a disappointing wwe career, can still go (if he's in the ladder match), and definitely deserves a bunch of respect. plus, more of a reason for cesaro to hop ship eventually :v:

also assuming that the 'britt wants a partner who isn't reba' is a debut as well i want that to be zelina vega

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the dark before that he fought eddie kingston and i'd look that up too, even if i think his match against stu is the better one

edit: seriously i know it's a lot of wrestling but if you like aew you should always take the time to watch the wrestling they put up on youtube, it's always at least a good time

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
on the other hand it'd give brock the chance to retry that shooting star press

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Lazy like a Fox posted:

Wait what? why? She's got a great look and clearly takes to training well.

i wouldn't be surprised if vince thinks non-white women with muscles are ugly

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
cinematic as shorthand for 'pretaped with edits and reshoots and dumb spots you can get away with because you can use camera trickery to cover for them' is perfectly fine, imo

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it'd be cool if christian could have something in his wrestling career other than 'is that dude who was always with edge' and 'was going to have a big blue dot over his face because vince thought he was ugly'

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i am blissfully free of any and all tna knowledge

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i don't think there's anyone aew's picked up to a full signing that i haven't at least thought they'd be good to have around, and i don't think there's anyone they're really forcing to be in a spot that doesn't really work. the closest is shawn spears but he definitely seemed like a fine pickup after getting over #10 in wwe and i think he's more having a real bad time trying to pin down where he works character-wise still

my Fantasy Booking is that when they do go full-throated in The Four Horseman tully's going to kick him to the curb in favor of someone else to actually fill that spot + spears can go a little more towards the more vicious stuff he was doing Okay with vs cody

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
wildly enough look at how good it looks here

https://twitter.com/JESnowden/status/1368784402248069127

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
mox's post-match interview is up
https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1368796933989539840

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Blaise330 posted:

I've seen bischoff, christian, and sting on AEW this week.

Hogan Is All Elite is getting dangerously close

the most disappointing thing aew's ever done just happened and you still feel like you need to make something up to yell at

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

CarlCX posted:

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1368796928562069507

probably, uh, should've told Eddie and the commentators that, Tony

it's kind of a bad summary of what he was saying in the scrum, that tweet makes it sound like tony was going 'yes that was exactly what we wanted' when he Really Wasn't

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

CarlCX posted:

That's kind of the problem, mixing the work "omega built a dud" cover with the non-work "I don't know what people expected" response is where I feel like it derails a little

tony khan is a lot worse at improv than moxley is, that's for sure

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Jonny Nox posted:

Ok, I hadn't watched the buy-in yet.

The explosion at the beginning made the one at the end needless.

(Maki is over, is what I'm saying. She Can't sing though.)

she can sing fine, the audio mix was just Real Off

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

your friend wicka posted:

The real huge problem I have with it is that they should simply be reacting to what actually is happening in front of them. You don't have to think or improvise - the ring didn't explode so don't pretend that it did. And I've heard these commentators treat (admittedly much simpler) situations like that over and over again, so I can only assume that backstage they were not sitting mouth agape, but rather repeatedly telling them to sell it, because I really do not think any of those three guys would react the way they did unless they were being told to. Or if maybe the pyro somehow looked incredible from the commentary desk, but I doubt it.

it looked pretty alright from the right angle, which i think probably included 'the angle that commentary was looking at'
https://twitter.com/JESnowden/status/1368784402248069127

IMO what happened is that the ring rope pyro didn't go off like it was supposed to but the commentary team at least saw enough of an explosion that their first reaction was to sell it like they were supposed to & at that point they were stuck

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

ICR posted:

I get it. The ending of the PPV was not executed to perfection. I was even like, “oh no this ain’t good!!!” when it happened. Is the world ending? Yes. It is. It’s all over. Shut it down. Etc, etc.

Are people still talking about the handcuff issue that Paul Heyman and was it Roman Reigns from two PPVs ago?

That feels somewhat similar to this and I was wondering if the (and this is the wrong word) outrage was similar to what is being said about the ending of the Revolution 2021 pay-per-view?

No whataboutism here, just genuinely curious if the reception there was met like this. Because if it was, clearly nobody cared enough a few days later and I have this feeling after Wednesday, none of this is going to matter.

i think it's twofold:
one, the WWE fucks up literally all the time so the handcuffs get lost in stuff like rey mysterio's eye popping out as a sharpie'd ping-pong ball or giving apollo crews a spear to hold on TV for his promo where he puts on a nigerian accent. people moved on because there was stuff to move on to, some of it worse
two, there's a big chunk of diehard WWE fans who absolutely adore making GBS threads on AEW whenever they get the chance and for once they have something genuinely bad to complain about so they're acting like children you gave $50 to go spend at the candy counter. they're going to remember it for a long time and you can feel it

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Orange Carlisle posted:

Dang I bet someone made that bad joke a thousand times in the GDT already

no it was mostly sonic the hedgehog

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
okay you've all had time to watch bte on your own, here's the important bit

https://twitter.com/FightfulWrestle/status/1369021899355914248

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
ethan page is a guy that's probably good to have around and cody particularly would like to have, but we haven't had anything else regarding his character or what his future might be in the company yet

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i imagine QT getting pissy at dustin during the tag royale and before that lee for snubbing him is at the very least going to lead in a bit to fleshing out what's going on with that faction in general

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
my prediction for the inner circle stuff tomorrow is that MJF says that clearly he and jericho don't work well enough as a tag team to get the belts so they need to get behind the REAL tag team in the group: MJF and Wardlow. and then P+P get livid. I don't know what Jericho has in mind but i could see him trying to get hager back on screen in a similar way