Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

StarkRavingMad posted:

In AEW adjacent news, Martin Casaus (aka Marty “The Moth” Martinez from Lucha Underground) is training at the Nightmare Factory after spending basically the last two years recovering from herniated discs in his spine:

https://twitter.com/cagesideseats/status/1367265760029134849

I always thought he did a lot with what started as basically a comedy gimmick and he was willing to put it all out there in the ring.

That's great, I really liked him in LU.

I'm so glad the Shaq match owned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Cena is hosting the new Wipeout...
The new Wipeout is on the Turner family of networks...

...we're through the looking glass, people!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Sydney Bottocks posted:

They said "Hall of Fame worthy" but they didn't say which HoF, so I'm pleased to announce that Kate Bush is #AllElite

Betty White is #AllElite.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I'm so glad I bought my Lucha Bros right when they went on sale.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Paul comes out, talks about the big signing.

The lights go out...

T O K Y O

(no, it's not going to happen but i can laugh at it in my head)

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

"HOF-worthy talent"...

...is it Chris Hero?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

remusclaw posted:

I love Hero and want him there for sure, but he's also not really a name.

Yeah... :smith:

I'd mark the gently caress out (just like I did when "THE BUTCHER and THE BLADE! THE BUTCHER! THE BLADE!" showed up) but it's not something that would necessarily pop the crowd like they're hyping.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Crapple! posted:

Ok so I can finally watch the show. The match itself was good right? I just turn it off after the pinfall/submission? I kind of want to see the big botch but I don't handle awkwardness well.

The match was great, totally worth it. You'll know when to stop if you feel like it.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Roasted Donut posted:

9.5/10 show with a 0/10 ending. Can't wait for the lovely memes from the end of this to dominate AEW discussion for weeks, probably months

Or we just wait for whatever happens on Raw tomorrow and the news cycle resets.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Blaise330 posted:

It's okay, AEW gets one big gently caress up every year for Revolution. Last year it was the neck tattoo.

My biggest disappointment from last Revolution was Penta and Fenix interfering in the PAC/OC match but that led to TRIANGULO DE LA MUERTE so...

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

fawning deference posted:

It needn't be said any more, but I was actually thinking as Kingston ran out and the countdown was happening, "this is one of the most historic nights in wrestling history" because it was so unique to mainstream American wrestling, and I thought the writing of having Eddie come out to save the friend he finally realized he could love again was low-key the best part of the PPV. Eddie beginning his redemption story as an anti-hero/babyface with a short Omega feud would be terrific.

So, I am pretending the explosion was significant just so that decision to turn Kingston's story stays powerful.

Even with a dud explosion, Eddie running out to save Mox was significant and nothing diminishes that.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Blaise330 posted:

Nah it's insanely diminished down to almost nothing. Which sucks because that woulda been SUCH a great moment.

In your opinion, which is fine.

Not in mine.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

cams posted:

someone please let me know if maki itoh is in bte, if so we're gonna have to start watching bte from now on

___yes___

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

ChrisBTY posted:

12) Just because AEW isn't perfect doesn't mean AEW isn't loving awesome.

Truth.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Rarity posted:

I liked the subtlety of Hangman wearing a purple cowboy shirt :3:

omg:3:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I just thought of something and it made me smile: Marvez asking Kenny while the explosion was so bad.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Have PAC come out and cut a promo about how he sabotaged Kenny's ring and then he demands a rubber match because he is a BASTARD

"You Americans don't know the importance of well-built structures to live under! Why would I let you destroy something to valuable?"

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Nyla and Itoh should do the Miyu/Brookes shoulder spot.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Malcolm Excellent posted:

What do you mean make it the story?

That is the story.

Pro wrestling is real and kenny is a bad IED engineer

Gamer Omega thought he could Grind his Alchemy Skill and his results were bad. Checks out.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I'm getting tingles thinking about Eddie's promo...

"I was ready to do something good with my life by giving it to save one of my longest friends. Kenny, you're going to wish you had finished the job."

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I Before E posted:

Sometimes a lady just wants a goblin rear end dude who looks like he guards a bridge and I respect that.

Please give PAC more credit than that.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Basic Chunnel posted:

Repeating here that the only way AEW can redeem themselves is by (1) putting Kenny in a car that explodes at the end of Dynamite or (2) have Eddie sell the exploding ring even harder by adopting a new gimmick as either a revenant or vengeful ghost

Eddie, this is not an episode of Scooby Doo...

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Bullet Club For Life...

TRIÁNGULO DE MUERTE POR MUERTE

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

RealFoxy posted:

Pac is incredible but I can't see him as a the AEW Champion, he is the perfect guy to play spoiler for the Main Eventers and just looming in the background at all times

You're just minding your own business when

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

RealFoxy posted:

The Cleaner 2k20 has been a huge dweeb, the package they showed of Kenny "working on the deathmatch" involved Kenny banging a hammer on some sheet metal while a random guy in the background was using a grinder. Neither of those things that they were working on actually showed up in the match and I don't think they were meant to.

KENNY, YOU SHOULD HAVE SPENT LESS TIME IN VALHEIM AND MORE TIME LEARNING HOW BOMBS WORK