Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Cavauro posted:

did rarity end up thinking jade had a great match or not

rarity is in the british timezone so we will likely get her thoughts in a few hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

96 BELOW THE WAVE posted:

hi I had to take a break from everything but just popping in to say I've now seen four Ryo Mizunami matches and she is without question the greatest wrestler in the world and I loving cried when she beat Nyla (who I love)

I love wrestling and I love AEW I haven't been able to handle much of anything in the world for the last year but the sheer loving joy on Aniki and Shida's faces made me so loving happy

emisakurawatchinganikiwin.gif forever
I HEART ANIKI

im glad you found ANIKI

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

i have decided that the hall of fame worthy talent is takeshita, i will not be argued out of it and anything else will make me insanely mad.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Pylons posted:

What if it's Mad Paulie

mad paulie would be insanely cool but he does not have twitter so I cannot find extremely niche evidence to decide things.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Pinwiz11 posted:

Paul comes out, talks about the big signing.

The lights go out...

T O K Y O

(no, it's not going to happen but i can laugh at it in my head)

now that we're just ddt booking AEW i have decided tony buying the rights to what you waiting for by gwen stefani for saki akai.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

it's going to be takeshita,

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

flatluigi posted:

it'd be cool if christian could have something in his wrestling career other than 'is that dude who was always with edge' and 'was going to have a big blue dot over his face because vince thought he was ugly'

he did have that run in TNA when they were threatening to actually be good.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

MJeff posted:

Christian is the obvious choice I've been hoping it isn't because boy is that going to be underwhelming. They hyped this up a liiiiiittle too much for that.

i have good news for you MJeff, it's going to be Takeshita, not christian.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

lmao

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

he's looking real jacked brother

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

i will be cooking myself a parmo for the occasion.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

can't wait to see konsuke takeshita on aew ppv tonight :allears:

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Rarity posted:

I'm a basic bitch so I'm on the Strongbow Dark Fruits :cheers:

thats not basic bitch thats just good taste

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Vince MechMahon posted:

I don't suspect a last minute replacement for rebel on a preshow is going to be a name.

it's going to be maki itoh, OP.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Crapple! posted:

Ok so I can finally watch the show. The match itself was good right? I just turn it off after the pinfall/submission? I kind of want to see the big botch but I don't handle awkwardness well.

yes

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

yea ok posted:

Im going to beat the poo poo out of everyone on "That site" You know the one

thank you for your service.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

explosivo posted:

Lol to all the poor euro goons who are intentionally ignoring social media all day to watch this show untainted by spoilers.

so glad I hosed up my sleep schedule so I could see the madness live.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

collocation posted:

Did we see the announcers at any point during it? If not the explanation could be that the announcers got under the table to avoid being blown up and didn't see how meager the explosion was. (Though ignoring it would be better probably)

tony was talking about the heat reaching them and stuff, really selling it.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Jonny Nox posted:

Ok, I hadn't watched the buy-in yet.

The explosion at the beginning made the one at the end needless.

(Maki is over, is what I'm saying. She Can't sing though.)

she can, the audio mix was bad. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEAlmvhi0UY

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

https://twitter.com/WRESTLE_1nce/status/1368808246786416644 being owned by the corpse of wrestle-1 truly a shameful day.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Lamuella posted:

but because he wasn't a fusion dance between Kota Ibushi and Kazuchika Okada, people were disappointed.

it's true, he was not konosuke takeshita

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

SamuraiFoochs posted:

True but also why the gently caress would Impact do that unless Tony is buying them? And why the gently caress would Tony do that?

impact is a company with no buzz and a terrible reputation, having kenny as their champion somewhat on the same level as AEW and AAA (lawsuit pending) would probably make them look alot better.

not even getting into the hype they'll get if the match kenny has is one of his classics.

and if it dosen't work out, what, is the reputation of impact gona be harmed? are they gona lose business? probably not.