Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

It’s loving wild that we just saw Shaquille O’Neal, JJ Dillon, Atsushi Onita, Eric Bischoff and Paul Wight on the same wrestling show

AEW is such a joyful celebration of wrestling and I love that they treat it like one large world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

The hall of famer is going to be Bad Bunny, who had been working WWE on a handshake deal.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pylons posted:

The AEW crowd is so good at playing along.

Engage in good faith with your fans and they’ll engage with you right back.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Watching on the West coast now, and just caught that Reba is “injured” so Britt is lobbying to choose a replacement partner if she can’t compete, so another possible debut there too. Does Deonna work heel in Impact? I do not watch Impact.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Zombie Lemur posted:

That's a really good point.

What "name" talent is actually out there? As someone that lost interest and only followed wrestling passively for close to a decade before AEW I'm drawing a blank.

Angle & Punk are the two I can think of that aren’t locked down by WWE.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Seams posted:

If the person is in the ladder match I'm not sure I want it to be Punk unless he's been secretly getting ready for it. Punk was never the most naturally athletic wrestler and now he's over 40 and hasn't wrestled in years.

Going to foolishly hold out hope that it’s JD Drake in the ladder match and he’s the also the 4th Horseman.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

ICR posted:

JD Drake would be PERFECT for the new 4 horsemen.

Southern bred, hell of a promo, big hitter who wrestles stiff.

I absolutely want this. I’ll honestly be unhappy if he isn’t picked up regardless. He is so unique to AEW. Nobody looks, talks or wrestles quite like him.

Both of his Dark matches felt like showcases the way Bear Country’s first two were (against Dark Order and Jurassic Express) that I have to imagine he’s at least getting a serious look. I didn’t see him in the wrestler section this week, but they don’t always put everyone they’ve brought in out there.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Maigius posted:

My big question for the future is will the Four Horsemen beat up Dustin Rhodes, Cody Rhodes, or Sting first?

Yes.

Also, speaking Sting, I hope he disappears for a bit after Sunday, maybe come back for the build to All Out and take a PPV cycle off.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I know Cody pretends like he doesn’t know who’s signed to what, but Velvet basically confirmed she’s already full time on Unrestricted last week.

I get why people would guess Thea for Britt’s replacement partner, but I don’t know what she adds to Britt’s act long term, which isn’t a consideration if you bring in someone from Impact.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Lamuella posted:

Something that occurs to me: neither the world champion nor his challenger for Sunday were on the show live.

We got a really good video package, but they were content to use the show time to build the women's title match, the ladder match, the Page / Hardy match, and the tag title match. The closing sequence highlighted the tag battle royal.

That's pretty ballsy for a go home show.

Saw a tweet that pointed out the main for the Full Gear go-home was Cody & Gunn Club vs The Dark Order (Silver, Reynolds & Colt).

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/fuegodelsol/status/1367504037512417285?s=21

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

dromal phrenia posted:

Maybe the hall of fame-caliber talent is someone who can stop their cameras from missing the action?

The cameramen are not the problem, it’s the director who needs to know which camera to broadcast.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Second show is going to be AEW Dynamite Gaiden

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Do we know the HOFer is a man? What about someone like Lita?

While talking about it on the podcast, Tony referred to the mystery person as “he” several times.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

THE CAPTAIN

Also, I get where people are coming from suggesting him and Carlie Bravo working a heel The Troops gimmick, but I can’t imagine AEW rolling the dice on the backlash that would likely bring.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Ganso Bomb posted:

This has me rethinking it being Angle. Not that he can't be a favorite of a guy Tony's age, but the way he says it makes it feel like it's an all-time favorite from his youth.

Maybe it's Terry Funk.

How old do you think Tony Khan is? Angle’s peak was when Tony was in high school.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

ICR posted:

My jags peeps told me: Always look at the social media to see what’s up:

https://twitter.com/dajosc11/status/1367921978758361089?s=20

lol this is how I tried to figure out which battle royale participants were actually signed for those first few shows. At the time the main AEW account would follow the signed folks but not the one and dones.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

ICR posted:

My jags peeps told me: Always look at the social media to see what’s up:

https://twitter.com/dajosc11/status/1367921978758361089?s=20

Now that people have noticed, she has appeared to unfollow him

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Christian is the person I’m having the hardest time coming up with who he works with immediately even though he’s immediately valuable backstage.

At least with Angle, I’d buy him putting together a babyface Team Taz and then they feud over who gets Leyla Hirsch in their stable.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

DeathChicken posted:

"And you didn't beat me in 2000, it was an illegal choke!" "Did too!"

This remains my ideal outcome.

Would also accept Mick and he’s friends with Joey & Sonny.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

He died.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Top Flight isn’t on the tag team battle royale graphic anymore, which is a big bummer for one of my prediction thread choices for that match.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That IS what it is

Okay so I'm not ENTIRELY losing my mind, I just was assuming consistency from Coward Tony

Got scared off by UFC and maybe boxing running big shows tonight.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

*monkey’s paw closes*
Kenny Omega defeats Joey Janela to become GCW Champion.

I have the PPV ordered and my wrestle snacks ready to go for tomorrow. So glad they only do this an easily justified 4 times a year.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I would get a hearty chuckle out of Pat McAfee being TK’s revenge signing for Ben Carter.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Conrad_Birdie posted:

So how does watching the PPV through FITE work? I’ve downloaded the app and can cast it to my TV, but it doesn’t look like there’s an actual page to purchase Revolution. Will it just prompt me to pay when it’s time for the show?

If you’re in the US their streaming platform is BR Live.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Ganso Bomb posted:

I don't know if anyone else is feeling this way, but I am VERY excited for the show tonight

I was just thinking about how AEW PPVs have been a welcome event to look forward to over a garbage pandemic year.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Alternate costumes in the AEW game are going to be fun.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

MJeff posted:

I will be ordering a buttload of taco bell for the PPV because I have no respect for my body.

I have an absolute fleet of lovely frozen appetizers ready to go for this evening, feeling too lazy to make my usual PPV cheesesteak.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/refturneraew/status/1368240007903854592?s=21

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

smarxist posted:

Stupid question: I may dip out of work early and watch Rev, cuz why not. do you think i should wait until the buy in to purchase since I haven't yet?

that can only help the ladies out in some weird/small way right!?

I’m sure they look at when purchases were made as part of their data analysis, yes. Who knows to what degree they weight it.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Kukash posted:

Sorry if this has already been asked but if I buy the PPV on BR Live, how soon will I be able to watch the replay? I'd like to be able to watch is as soon as I get home tonight around 12. (In US if it matters)

Replay typically is available within ten minutes of the show ending.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

yea ok posted:

laughign at the idea of a pre-show tweet being like "Word is they taped the street fight and it was a big pile of poo poo (1/23)"

They really poisoned the well when they tried to sell the Hager/Mox match that way.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/aew/status/1368695660321660930?s=21

As expected.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Vince MechMahon posted:

I don't suspect a last minute replacement for rebel on a preshow is going to be a name.

I don’t know if “Impact women’s champion Deonna Purrazzo” qualifies as a “name” but that’s the level my expectations are set.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I still don’t know who they have Christian work a program with. I really enjoyed Christian, so I’ll see where it goes, but it’s not jumping out at me.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1368802543405588481?s=21

For those expecting Speedball to appear next week now that his ban is over.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Thinking more about it, if they had just run mortars across the full length of the camera side of the ring, it probably would’ve looked good enough because the whole ring would’ve been obscured from the primary vantage point of both the live and home audience.

As it was, you never lost sight of Eddie and Mox.

Also, even if the explosion had been well executed, having Eddie sell it to that degree was probably misguided.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Mar 8, 2021

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Stealth Tiger posted:

Does anyone else feel like the PPVs are too long, or is it just me being an old man? It's like 4 hours from the pre-show match to the end of the main event. It really kicked in for me around the brass ring match and I was hoping those guys would just get their poo poo in and keep the show moving.

I am glad I live on the West Coast so the PPV ends at a reasonable hour for me, and old man who has to get up for work at 5:30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Make Scorpio the ace of Tully’s group of guys.