Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ready for a faceoff this season between sean kazmar and scott kazmir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
are we sure that Sean Kazmar isn't just Scott Kazmir in some knock-off baseball game which doesn't have the official MLB licence

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

been on a hot dog kick lately, post yr favorite store bought brand

I like Nathan's Beef Franks but there's a lot of stuff in that section of Walmart that I've never tried

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Its Rinaldo posted:

Not every team can start out strong like the Seattle Mariners

First place in the AL West has a run differential of -7. Last place has a run differential of -8.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bees x1000 posted:

been on a hot dog kick lately, post yr favorite store bought brand

I like Nathan's Beef Franks but there's a lot of stuff in that section of Walmart that I've never tried

there's a deli in chicago called Romanian Kosher that has very good beef dogs.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

I think a lot of it is a real superiority complex some of the fanbase has developed over teams like the Rays and Jays over the last couple of decades. So "losing to the Rays" is supposed to be some kind of indignity. They're not a good up and coming playoff team. The Jays aren't loaded with exciting young players. They're just the teams the Yankees are supposed to beat because they have for awhile. So its a "disgrace". Which is an insane thing to say about a simple baseball game.

If the Orioles ever start winning the Bronx will burn again.

So you're saying the Bronx will be fine

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

davecrazy posted:

So why is Yankees twitter declaring the season over after one lopsided loss to the Rays when they're .500 and its basically 3 weeks into the season?

Because the Yankees aren't very well built and haven't been for years and they basically did nothing to change that this past offseason.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1383496406690721795
God why I must be reminded of this :lol:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

mcmagic posted:

Because the Yankees aren't very well built and haven't been for years and they basically did nothing to change that this past offseason.

So let’s declare the season over in mid April and act like spoiled children and throw garbage on the field????

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

davecrazy posted:

So let’s declare the season over in mid April and act like spoiled children and throw garbage on the field????

I wasn't there throwing garbage on the field lol. I'm just telling you why the fanbase is upset.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I'm glad that the Jays have the best hitter in baseball.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The Yankee fandom is the biggest bunch of babies, good lord lmao

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

this 7 inning double header poo poo is an abomination and I hates it.

vlad tho

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I wonder how much shorter this season will be, in terms of innings played, because of the 7-inning doubleheaders and shorter extra innings. I want Vladdy to get all the at-bats he wants.

For that matter, why the hell is Semien batting first for the Blue Jays when it should be Bichette-Guerrero leading off? Is it that they want Springer to lead off, and don't want to mess with the batting order position for their best hitters?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Braves fans (twice) and now Yankees have thrown crap on the field resulting in a stoppage of play

Imagine the takes if Phillies fans did that

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Neil Huntington was a loving idiot and the single playoff season was a fluke using the previous guy's draft picks.

Telling strike out stuff guys like Cole and Glasnow to pitch to contact in a one size fits all approach should have gotten them all fired years before they were.

Chamuska
Apr 8, 2018

AgreegrA
Cubs scoring 11 runs today

Guaranteed 0 tomorrow lmao.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Intruder posted:

Mariners fans getting their hopes up in April actually hurts my heart at this point

Every April that mirage of hope looks might tempting, but I think we know we're just Charlie Brown lining up to kick the ball. It's more of a self deprecating enthusiasm.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Big Mean Jerk posted:

They booed their own team off the field in the 2015 Wild Card game when their 87-win team lost 3-0 to the eventual Cy Young winner.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
deGrom has struck out 9 Rockies in a row

the major league record is 10 by Tom Seaver

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

reminder that it is an unambiguous good thing whenever bad things happen to the Yankees, Lakers, or Cowboys.

if the above statement referenced more than one of your favorite teams you're the worst!

Fate Accomplice fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Apr 17, 2021

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Yankee fans expect the team to be good. Yeah.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
We jinxed deGrom.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Julio Cruz posted:

deGrom has struck out 9 Rockies in a row

the major league record is 10 by Tom Seaver

When did Tom Seaver strike out 10 Rockies?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Coming into today the Cubs had 34 runs on the season, then scored 13 today for 47 total. That's ~28% of their total runs this season today, lol

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Sydin posted:

Coming into today the Cubs had 34 runs on the season, then scored 13 today for 47 total. That's ~28% of their total runs this season today, lol

17 of those original 34 had scored on home runs and 12 of today's 13 were also on homers. 61.7% of your runs coming on homers is sustainable, right?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Yankee fans expect the team to be good. Yeah.

I love watching Yankees home games because my family is all from New York and north Jersey and all the ads are super nostalgic to me. Feels like I’m looking at a past era when I see Hess ads.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Big Mean Jerk posted:

It's true all Yankees fans are mcmagic

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

folks the cubs...are BACK

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
The Twins have a slow pitch softball player as a reliever?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Our boy Willians certainly looks like a slow pitch softball player

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/theScore/status/1383552506911813634

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm not a huge fan of unnecessary oral histories for stories that could just be a profile, but the athletic had a nice one on our good friend Joseph Votts

https://theathletic.com/2479327/202...an-in-baseball/

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

They booed their own team off the field in the 2015 Wild Card game when their 87-win team lost 3-0 to the eventual Cy Young winner.

I hate it when I don't get to go to a Yankees home game where they're going to get booed.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Keuchel became human once they stopped giving him the Maddux strike zone

e: originally quoted the wrong post

Intruder fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Apr 18, 2021

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Wouldn't the fans at games right now be overall the worst of the worst because it is the people who would attend a baseball game during an ongoing global pandemic? Like how the first people back to restaurants were all of the assholes who don't tip but demand perfect service.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Given that Rosario was almost back in the dugout at that point, Votto could have strolled over to third and gotten the unassisted triple play.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Granted they're 9-6 now but

https://twitter.com/alexwarneke/status/1383584698857783304?s=19

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Dodgers are 13-2, it’s p cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU