Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
Arte can fire him whenever he wants, he just doesn't want to pay his contract after he does so the investigation must go on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

They should at least do a compromise. Change his plaque to a picture of him spitting in that umpire's face.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

that would make him look cooler though

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

The Show is like the least micro transaction heavy major sports game. Like it's there if you want, but they literally give you so much free stuff and so much poo poo to do to unlock more free stuff that it seems like paying would make the game less fun.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Just shaking my head that none of you recognized Noted Blue Jays Hero Ed Sprague.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Well, then there is also Joe Carter, who hit one of the only two World Series-winning walkoff homers!

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

MrMojok posted:

Well, then there is also Joe Carter, who hit one of the only two World Series-winning walkoff homers!

all of my immediate Blue Jay associations are from the early 90s teams, as they would be for any kid growing up in the South at the time

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

The one true Blue Jay, I think I still have this card in my basement somewhere.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

isn't this the guy that caught a ground rule double while BBQing in Arizona's stadium

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

elentar posted:

all of my immediate Blue Jay associations are from the early 90s teams, as they would be for any kid growing up in the South at the time

For the most part the early 90's teams are the only ones worth remembering

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

i think "almost became a baseball player" is the best Hypothetical Danny Ainge Transaction yet

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

R.D. Mangles posted:

i think "almost became a baseball player" is the best Hypothetical Danny Ainge Transaction yet

The stunning part of the story is that the dude played 3 full years as an MLB player, it's not like he almost made it. And then went on to become a 15 year NBA player with a couple of championships. It's kind of a reverse Deion Sanders. But yeah he does blow once he moved into management, so he's definitely like Deion in that aspect.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

I have no connection to Philadelphia whatsoever and chose the Phillies as my team when I started watching baseball about 10\11 years ago and I thought I may move there (I've still never been)

This has either turned out to be a big mistake or I'm bad luck and need to choose a new team and allow the Phillies to have some success.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

The stunning part of the story is that the dude played 3 full years as an MLB player, it's not like he almost made it. And then went on to become a 15 year NBA player with a couple of championships. It's kind of a reverse Deion Sanders. But yeah he does blow once he moved into management, so he's definitely like Deion in that aspect.
Russell Wilson getting drafted by the Rockies, tooling around being bad in the low minors, then of course ending up as a Super Bowl winning QB is kind of one of those 'I clearly wasn't playing the right game' stories

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Reports of Aaron Judge's end have been exaggerated.

https://twitter.com/Yankees/status/1388292139356987393

Also, my tribute to the thread to apologize for Yankee fans.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The Dodgers managed two hits tonight. I guess it's better to get the extreme team-wide slump out of the way now rather than later?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bawfuls posted:

The Dodgers managed two hits tonight. I guess it's better to get the extreme team-wide slump out of the way now rather than later?

the ricketts family is regularly managing to get two hits in a game on a significantly lower payroll, the Cubs Way once again highlighting the organization's efficiency

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Traxis posted:

7 in a row :toot:

I think this team might be good

The Dodgers are 4-9 since I made this post

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

bawfuls posted:

Its not like your fanbase might get real antsy and start booing everyone and calling for the firing of the entire organization.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Astros have the second best run differential in the league despite two of their three best pitchers being on the shelf and having missed several games by Yordan, Altuve, Bregman and Brantley

Not bad. Also the only positive run differential in the AL West

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
https://twitter.com/mlbbowman/status/1388333956148436995?s=20

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Traxis posted:

The Dodgers are 4-9 since I made this post
They’re 3-9 since the day after you made that post :eng101:

And hitting .177 in that time

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 05:13 on May 1, 2021

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Mariners finish April with a winning record and positive run differential :toot:

ASHAT returns!

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 06:43 on May 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/Cut4/status/1388324002213552130

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3966573