Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Poque posted:

The drunkest I've ever been at a baseball game was 100% at Comiskey so anecdotally it tracks

This is also true of me. I barely remember anything from Comiskey except those guys happy to share their booze and the giant brawl they started before I noped out of there.

Popete posted:

The only reason this isn't Brewers fans is because they got too drunk in the parking lot and never made it inside.

But this is also a story I can relate with.

I guess i got the authentic experiences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Popete posted:

Hi I'm Popete and I like to play baseball, here is a picture of a bunch of my baseball bats.
This post is awesome.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I'm not attending any baseball games but 20% seems at least theoretically manageable. Its a bad idea I would discourage everyone from but I could buy its someone trying. 100% is just not giving a single poo poo if people live or die.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I weirdly want the pigeon poop hat now.

That's gonna be a Lids $5 clearance buy somewhere down the line.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That is pigeon poop to me. You folks are living more exciting lives than me.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My favorite part of that Show ad is them including Bauer getting owned.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I wasn't into last season and I wasn't able to get into spring training, but I'm starting to feel it a little now. Probably helps that its a nice spring day and I'm planning to spend tomorrow with my mom after she gets her second vaccine shot. So watching Opening Day with her should be good.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh, PFC had a meltdown. It really is Opening Day.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm ready for baseball but after losing Game 1 on the extra inning runner on second thing I'm also ready for a day off. Ease back in.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wow, that's a lot of new posts in the baseball thread today. Something crazy must have happened in a game or maybe there was a big Cub posting thing or something crazy must have happened. I better go see what it is and hold my breath.

Hahahahaha!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mustached Demon posted:

I assumed it was because there was a sinclair news broadcast from 6:00-6:30 so the ricketts bumped the Cubs to 6:40.

Yankees games switched to 6:30 last season. I assumed it was meant to end the games earlier.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

https://twitter.com/Yankees/status/1379225485624938499

https://twitter.com/TalkinYanks/status/1379225511403122694

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Carlosologist posted:

There should be more discourse from morons about how he has the worst deal in baseball

Sanchez has to get off sometime so they're saving up for the "time to replace him?" narrative.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Two things

1) I like how the one guy went through the planning, effort, and cost of getting an inflatable trash can, inflating it during the game, and throwing it away and the other guys just said "lets throw an actual trash can on the field."

2) Some dude is about to just become an Astros groupie selling inflatable trash cans he bought cheap in bulk from some very confused novelty store.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The precedent is 3 in a game, making the line standard line 9 in a series. May 4 - 6th the Bronx expected to go over.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Judge is like a megastar in NY and no one knows his medical history better than the Yanks. If they didn't want to sign him I imagine that would tank his value and force him to take whatever team offers him the biggest deal. It seems like a scenario where both parties would work to make something happen but I dunno.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My team is vaccinated and baseball is fun.

https://twitter.com/YESNetwork/status/1379968496541532167

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Intruder posted:

That was also bad actually :colbert:

Giving assholes a trap to expose how big of assholes they are is never a bad thing.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Popete posted:

Are they going to start games early for the entire season? I really hate not having baseball to watch past like 10:30PM.

They were doing this last season so I'm pretty sure its the new standard. It actually seems like one of the most logical moves in the "try and attract people put off by the length" campaign.

I assume they're also still doing reduced inning breaks? That probably contributes a tiny bit.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cashman likes panning for gold.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That's why you don't fight rear end in a top hat with rear end in a top hat.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its time for Baseball's favorite game. What The Hell Happened There?

https://twitter.com/TalkinYanks/status/1382406398013804547

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My personal theory is we're all the old guys complaining about how the game used to be better.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Am I dumb or that's gotta be a covid outbreak?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Pussy Boss posted:

holy poo poo that's half the team

A grand testament to the whole "full capacity, no restrictions, vaccines are a choice" system.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its like cubposting but meaner and with more entitlement.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think a lot of it is a real superiority complex some of the fanbase has developed over teams like the Rays and Jays over the last couple of decades. So "losing to the Rays" is supposed to be some kind of indignity. They're not a good up and coming playoff team. The Jays aren't loaded with exciting young players. They're just the teams the Yankees are supposed to beat because they have for awhile. So its a "disgrace". Which is an insane thing to say about a simple baseball game.

If the Orioles ever start winning the Bronx will burn again.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Weep for the lost decade. Weep for the 5-9 start.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Popete posted:

For a lot of teams that is very recent. Yankees fans throwing crap on the field after a luke 2 weeks for a team that has made the playoffs year over year looks dumb as hell.

Look, we're not assholes with no sense of perspective and a crap load of entitlement. We just expect more than everyone else. We're just better fans because we want to win and if we're not on April 18th we'll boo the poo poo out of the team and throw stuff on the field. Because that's what good fans do.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Pussy Boss posted:

It is a little weird that when Luke Voit went down, the Yankees moved DJ LeMahieu to 1st and went dumpster diving for a 2B. Wouldn't it make more sense to leave DJLM at his primary position and bring up just anyone to play first? Seems like every team should have a few big fat guys in AAA who can play 1B and hit a few dingers? Although I guess the minor league season hasn't started yet and guys like that might not be ready?

Here is the situation as I understand it.

They were working Andujar at 1B in Spring Training but he got hurt. Jay Bruce ended up at 1B to start the season but well, he retired yesterday. Mike Ford is the other proverbial fat man who can hit dingers but he's limited incredibly to just that and also he wasn't eligible to be recalled until tomorrow. So Cashman took a flier on Odor. With Bruce gone Ford might get a call up or utility IFer Tyler Wade might. Voit is fielding balls and might take ABs this week and Andujar is a week or two behind that. So obviously they're just moving around chairs trying to get to that point without giving anything up but I could see Ford getting a week now that he's eligible just to try and get something working.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Apr 19, 2021

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Knicks are winning. I'm good.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That article is upfront that there were never serious talks and Cashman's always been a "no one's unavailable, let me hear your offer" kind of GM. Judge is the most popular Yankee since Jeter. He's a top 10 superstar when healthy. If he's unhealthy his value is gonna be low. I have a hard time seeing him not staying a Yankee in the short term at least.

The Yankees just started playing well so people needed something new to be fatalistic about.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

mcmagic posted:

You're back on the waggon because they beat a terrible Indians team a few games? lol

When did I ever join your "I hate this team" wagon? They were playing terribly and the media/fanbase screamed bloody murder. They won 4 out of 5 and started looking decent and suddenly there's a new "trading Judge" nonsense story for people to yell about. I just watch baseball games because I enjoy them.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

mcmagic posted:

No matter what happens this week the Stanton disaster contract will make them have to trade Judge. That was true even before they started out this season badly.

I fundamentally disagree that it makes anything inevitable just because its a possible scenario, and some really empty clickbait headline article about that time Cashman didn't seriously shop Judge doesn't change that for me.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

mcmagic posted:

You think they are going to pay 2 guys who will be DH's in the near future ~70M per year and that is either A. reasonable to stay under the tax cap with or B. a good way to build a team?

I think Judge is too valuable a player to make it a purely financial bottom line decision for the richest team in the league, and Judge being a DH in the near future is yet another "true because I say it" assumption from you. Certainly its a possibility and if it gets there it will be a problem, but I can't imagine the Yankees trading Judge pre-emptively because it MIGHT happen down the line. That's a hard sell with a fanbase that as you well know is always sharpening their teeth to attack anything and everything, and potentially disastrous baseball move.

Which isn't to say that I think its impossible the Yankees might trade Judge. But I see no implication of this from the silly article you posted. That article only exists to get people histrionic.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Judge does have a very good throwing arm. It could work itself out.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Is that our first "sorry, no no hitter for you" with these double header rules?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its Bauer going "I didn't have a problem with that, I'm fun and cool" and then immediately showing how completely unbothered he is.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Citizens Bank is my favorite because it managed to create an intimate minor league stadium feel in a big league stadium. PNC is a very close second. It’s like the Disney World to Phillys Disney Land. I used to love Camden but it feels very first gen now with all the amenities feeling removed from the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, that's Camden's problem. If you want to take advantage of the amenities you basically have to abandon the game/field. The modern stadiums are designed much better so you can still see the field or haven an open feel to the whole stadium.