Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

as someone who fucks around at the batting cages from time to time the axe handle bat is an elite piece of equipment. takes the sting out of hitting and it's way easier to get the barrel out in front on time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

my favorite baseball fact is that Ted Williams was Mexican

apparently all projection systems agree that barring injury, Juan Soto is the reincarnation of Teddy Ballgame at the plate. makes sense when you consider he was talking about the game like this at 14

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The Rangers are going to have a full crowd in attendance on opening day lmao

https://twitter.com/threetwoeephus/status/1369718737671237634?s=21

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/lindseyadler/status/1370121928241991688?s=21

Big fan of making bases bigger, gently caress getting rid of the shift

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Contreras is probably the biggest upside in all the pieces you guys got for Jamo

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Yangervis Solarte is the only guy I remember having a really good camp and then turning that into an actual career

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

it seems like a conscious adjustment on his part, but dropping velo still seems like a red flag

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Lindor wants 12/400 which isn’t that unreasonable

https://twitter.com/deeshathosar/status/1376719157673201669?s=21

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/nbcsedgebb/status/1376723619141677058?s=21

🤔

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

while yes, Angel Hernandez is an rear end umpire he still felt he was discriminated at his workplace

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

There should be more discourse from morons about how he has the worst deal in baseball

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The extra innings rule is dumb and bad

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

If deGrom is still dominating at 34 I could easily see teams lining up to pay him

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

mcmagic posted:

I thought they didn't really break up....

https://twitter.com/desusnice/status/1370894860165771265?s=21

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Acuna is super fast and he’s a right handed hitter which is all the more impressive. If he was left handed he’d be doing some Ichiro poo poo beating out grounders to third regularly

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

adaz posted:

31 feet/sec is 21 mph which is legit incredible foot speed. I think olympic sprinters average close to 24 mph and that's without spikes on dirt anyway just nuts

I wonder how close Acuna gets to 24 in ideal conditions. Like, he had to hit a baseball first and then immediately break and run. That’s some hard poo poo!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

From the segment of social media that I’ve observed it’s probably more to do with the way that people are watching the game. They think it’s football and they’re living and dying with each play.

Team has been mediocre to bad for sure but nothing to justify the hog behavior from last night.

If you’re a real deal baseball fan you know that a bad 13 game stretch is nothing in the big picture. But if you’re going to a game? Probably don’t know that

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I wish the Yanks would have traded Clint Frazier because what they’re doing with him is criminal. Rougned Odor is starting more often than him! gently caress!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Its Rinaldo posted:

Did last year's short season hypnotize people into forgetting what a baseball season is like?

It definitely must have! Even a 100 win team is going to have a stretch where they look like poo poo. People really forgot what the marathon was like and it’s nuts

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Bird in a Blender posted:

The White Sox have a game at 10am? Wtf?

It’s the Boston marathon today!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

deGrom's early season performance made me put a 50 dollar bet on him winning the MVP

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Mike Tauchman had zero (0) base hits on fastballs down the middle last year. poo poo was baffling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I’ve only ever been to YS3 and airport terminal is a very kind description