Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

I appreciate that even during a pandemic baseball players are still finding ludicrous ways to injure themselves.

It's times like these that I miss the SAS Wiki since I know it absolutely had a page for "weird injuries"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

actionjackson posted:

this poor man is having an existential crisis

"who am I, really" he asks

"Now turn your head and cough"

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

I know who it is god dangit.

he's arguably the best troll in SAS, and at worst top 3

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Popete posted:

No actually it's not a personal decision.

The personal decision of "am I a loving insane idiot or am I a decent human?"

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

bewbies posted:

royals and rangers just both batted around in the first. surely that has never happened before on opening day?

to wit:

https://twitter.com/mellinger/status/1377718936301621248

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

https://www.chron.com/sports/astros/article/Astros-fans-guide-to-booing-every-team-in-baseball-16066746.php

This is some petty bullshit but I'm totally here for a lot of it especially the one that says "gently caress the Rangers and their 100% capacity bullshit"

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

The Pussy Boss posted:

Why is it the Nats fault their players got sick? Did I miss a story about them flouting covid safety or something?

The players can and should be 100% isolated from everyone except their team starting around spring training. So yeah it's their fault.

davecrazy posted:

Nats should be forced to forfeit.

This is BS.

Players and staff don’t want to get vaccinated, they want to treat COVID protocols like Justin Turner? Fine. Enjoy the L in the loss column.

Yup.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

if it doesn't come with a press release stating why this will be kinda silly IMO, but I imagine it will

e: and if it does, it could be really good!

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1378059802077753348

This is probably what is happening I'd guess, seems like a good idea anyway

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Poque posted:

LA got 2022 already because of that. Parker Molloy is an idiot

Because the AS game location is an immutable thing that is set in stone and can't be changed over a year in advance :cawg:

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/Alden_Gonzalez/status/1378059313629908992
Looks like LA 2022 is still the plan so back to speculating everyone!

e: it would be hilarious for them to announce Arlington and then have the TX lege do the same law (spoiler: they're already in the process of doing so!)

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Georgia's fine it's the lege that's the problem here

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Unlimited substitution for one position is nonsensical.

That's not what the DH is though :confused:

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

You should be able to say and gesture basically however you want except like actual bigotry/hate speech or like actual threats of violence. They're all adults playing a professional sport for crying out loud.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Every other position fields and bats. Treating the pitcher differently is absolutely a form of unlimited substitution.

The pitcher is already treated differently in a ton of ways.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Still not a justification for permitting unlimited substitution for one position. Either institute split squads and be done with it, or get rid of the inconsistency.

It's not unlimited substitution - now you're just using circular logic to define your stupid position. It's just a 10th position that doesn't have to play the field and in the AL the pitcher doesn't have to bat. We get that you hate the DH but you seem awfully ignorant about it somehow.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

I'm curious how many think something like this:

https://twitter.com/ShiDavidi/status/1379117515725541378

Like it seems as though Bo thinks its a good idea if you haven't had covid, but that since he did he's an immune super soldier that doesn't need it. At least he thinks most people should get it (just not him)

Hopefully it's just because you literally can't get it within 90 days of a positive test result. That quote doesn't make it clear that he wouldn't get one, but as mentioned above:

Slimy Hog posted:

Just start with the assumption that all your favorite players are chuds until they prove you wrong and you'll never be disappointed

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

It's really peak DFW to pay to for performative bullshit that just endangers everyone

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

gently caress off, they absolutely represent Texas

No one is free from sin in this loving dump of a state, get off your high horse

Yeah they absolutely do. It's sad, but they definitely do. DFW is easily the most like the rest of the non-metropolitan portions of the state of any of the large cities. Sure, the other major metro areas are less lovely but you can't just throw everything outside of Houston/Austin/San Antonio/El Paso away.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Thom P. Tiers posted:

You are all acting like every stadium wouldn't be full or drat close to it if their respective states were allowing it.

To be fair, my understanding is the Astros are still limiting to 50% capacity in spite of no restrictions limiting them.

Which is like 30-40% or so too high still, but :shobon:

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Intruder posted:

The Astros are also requiring masks when you're not actively eating or drinking but if basically anywhere I've been in the past year is any indication there will be zero enforcement of it

Yeah on the broadcast they mentioned that, and no cash transactions (they actually provide "reverse ATMs" where you can get a debit card for cash), and they do health checks on the way in. Frankly if they just reduced it down to like 20% capacity and strictly enforced the mask stuff, I'd say it'd almost be acting sufficiently as responsible as you can.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

gently caress the rangers but kudos for putting the punch in there, ballsy as gently caress

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

MrMojok posted:

Where can I see CSW leaderboards?

Fangraphs has it

Greinke is 19th if you go from 2017 to 2021

Which would be good for third in his current team's rotation if Verlander were pitching (McCullers is just a teeny bit ahead of Greinke)

Sale is kinda nutty

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Chief McHeath posted:

I still lol that Rougned Odor's brother is also named Rougned Odor, as well as their dad, Rougned Odor.

Former MLB All-Star Jose Cruz has a son Jose Cruz (Jr.) who was in the MLB for quite a while, another son Jose (Enrique) Cruz that was also a prospect that didn't quite make the majors, and another son Jose (Javier) Cruz who was also in the minors and has been missing for 15 years

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

habeasdorkus posted:

Shag Crawford was an ump that had a long career in the NL, and apparently would hug catchers.

How do you think he got the nickname shag? :smuggo:

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

bawfuls posted:

Dodgers blew it to the notably horrible Oakland A's today, coughing up a run in the 9th and 10th while the offense stranded too many to count.

I'd rather the A's lose but Trevor Bauer getting denied a win he was in line for is always good

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/sullybaseball/status/1380632908050833410

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

what is the record for earliest no-no? has there ever been an opening day no hitter?

Nomo threw one in the second game of the season

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

yeah it's his gimmick he does it every start :cawg:

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

They sorted by name/position but forgot to include the last 3 columns in the sort :cawg:

(Ozzie Albies' height/weight/DOB are Nate Jones, and Ozzie's ht/wt/dob is on Chris Martin's line)

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Dumb stats presented with zero comment

2012-2021 Yadier Molina: 288/335/427 106 OPS+ 26.5 bWAR

2012-2021 Albert Pujols: 256/312/448 108 OPS+ 13.2 bWAR
I'll make a comment, this is silly

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/matttomic/status/1381713909590192131

wherein: the Californian is the chud and the Texan is not

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Thom P. Tiers posted:

And he's hitting 197/241/263 with 12 RBI in those starts.

seems like he's just not a good team leader I guess

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Manfred just pitch multiball come on

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

but at least it was his choice

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

:shepface: yikes

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

adaz posted:

That Tiger's end of year batting stats are an abomination unto the LORD. _Three_ Players with OPS+ higher than average and 2 of them barely. Alex Sanchez wasting what few times he was on base getting thrown out stealing. Just amazing.

well you can't bring up Dmitri Young without me longing for STEAKGROWSONDMITRI :smith:

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Chamuska posted:

Cubs fan huh?
I’d be more worried about your team not* hitting over .200.

Wait what why do you have to be a Cubs fan to hate on Trevor Bauer? The dude sucks

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Happy Jackie Day y'all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

that's great but why is the photo in the lid from the NLDS :confused:

e: wait are those + / - buttons and is that a video screen? that's kinda dope then