Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are ghosts real?
Yes.
No.
Impossible to judge one way or another.
I've heard on warm nights in Shibuya you can hear Takei's spirit whisper about Tezuka art and Porsches
View Results

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Is the manga sequel still going on/any good?

Also considering this is going to be on Netflix/pretty long given the manga, Iím curious how this is going to be released (maybe in batches of like 12-13 episodes at a time or something).

As for the remake, the new Yoh sounds ok now that Iíve heard a bit more of her. I canít tell though, does Horohoro have a new VA as well?

Kind of curious if weíre going to get a new dub for this as well (and if so, if any of the 4Kids actors would be able to reprise their roles)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Edit: Nevermind

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Mar 4, 2021

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Huh, nevermind. Heís voiced by Yuji Ueda apparently

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Smoking Crow posted:

happy shaman king eve everyone

Though if itís going up on Netflix like has been said, we probably wonít see it until a little while after release (unless someone fansubs it that is)

On another note, is the manga sequel still going/any good?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

While we wait, we have the opening and it's full of references to the original openings, that's very cute. It's also hyper spoilery, which is not an issue for most in this thread I imagine but will definitely be for anyone who hasn't seen the original series or read the manga. I don't think we should have the full team shown in the first episode!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emrOpnSCYao

Plus given the length of the manga this show is going to last a good while. As such, Iím not sure why they decided to shove nearly everything into the first OP.

Chicoloveís design looks far less racist at least.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Apr 1, 2021

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Well somebody must have fansubbed it because the first episode of the Shaman King reboot is out now (I havenít actually watched it yet, I just found it on one of the streaming sites I frequent a little bit ago).

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Though since apparently the show is going to be on Netflix and as far as I know they usually donít put shows up one episode at a time (or without a dub option) itíll probably be a while before we get anything official so this is better than nothing at least.

Also, howís Yohís new VA? I assume Manta and Amidamaru are still played by the same people as the original?

I also hope they donít rush through the beginning few arcs like FMA: Brotherhood did.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I forget, was the flashback at the very beginning from the manga or was it something the anime added?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Finally got around to watching this. Seems decent enough and Yohís new VA is better than the previews made it seem.

Out of curiosity, were Manta, Amidamaru, and Ryuu still played by the same actors from the first anime (I know Megumi Hayashibara will eventually be returning as Anna at least)?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The new Yoh is perfectly fine but out of curiosity, what happened to Yūko Satō? Did she retire a while back or something?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Tossing a few elements from later chapters into the premiere was a neat choice as well. I just hope the first half of the series doesnít wind up as rushed as FMA:Brotherhood was (which sometimes crammed a few of the early manga arcs into just an episode or two)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of which, are any of the Shaman King sequels still going/any good?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Wark Say posted:

Gonna keep it vague because this is dealing with post-main series content and we just got through Episode 1, but if you liked the main series, you'll like most of the spin-off/sequels Takei has put out.

Neat, are any of them still going on or are most of them over now?

Makes me wonder if weíre eventually going to get anime adaptions of those too.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Apr 3, 2021

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Whatís the proper reading order for the sequels? I know Flowers and Superstar go together at least.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

As I recall, Shaman King doesnít have much in the way of a major plot until the tournament starts (and maybe some stuff prior to that involving Renís family) so them switching some things around makes sense to me honestly.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Episode 2 has been subbed now, looks like weíre jumping straight to Ren and Annaís introduction

Also out of curiosity, does whoeverís fansubbing this have a website?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Apr 8, 2021

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Seems like this is going to be a slightly more abridged version of the manga since they seem to be shuffling some things around and cutting out the fluff (though in this episode Amidamaru still acts like heís been Yohís partner for a while despite them just joining forces last week)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Maybe itís like FMA: Brotherhood where theyíre trying to rush through the stuff the first anime already covered as quickly as possible so they can then take their time adapting the rest.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Episode 3 is out, always good to hear Megumi Hayashibara again.

The episode itself still felt a bit rushed in places but wasn't too bad overall. I forget, was that Jun's original actress playing her here?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Apr 15, 2021

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Sub Harrison posted:

Still waiting for this to appear on Netflix Canada. Hope this isn't like Better Call Saul where they're a year delayed from the show premiere.

Netflix doesnít release shows episode by episode so itís probably going to be a while on that (they may want it to be dubbed as well). Thereís a fansubbed version thatís decent enough though if you donít want to wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

They brought back the old Shaman King OP song this episode, nice touch

Iím guessing this is going to be like FMA:Brotherhood where they kind of speed through the first half of the series and then slow down a bit once they reach the part the previous anime left off on.