Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are ghosts real?
Yes.
No.
Impossible to judge one way or another.
I've heard on warm nights in Shibuya you can hear Takei's spirit whisper about Tezuka art and Porsches
View Results

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Larryb posted:

Finally got around to watching this. Seems decent enough and Yoh’s new VA is better than the previews made it seem.

Out of curiosity, were Manta, Amidamaru, and Ryuu still played by the same actors from the first anime?
Most of the cast uses their OG VA's, it's just like... maybe 2 or 3? of the main ensemble cast had changes. Just like how most of the Fate/Stay Night cast has not changed much in almost 15 years either aside from, like, 2 retired/dead voice actors.

And yeah, Yoko Hikasa (Yoh's new VA) is awesome. I think this is also like the first big role she has where she plays a boy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Larryb posted:

Tossing a few elements from later chapters into the premiere was a neat choice as well. I just hope the first half of the series doesn’t wind up as rushed as FMA:Brotherhood was (which sometimes crammed a few of the early manga arcs into just an episode or two)
In Brotherhood it was a weird decision but also I feel it worked because people wanted to move from what the 2003 anime had already covered from the manga ASAP. Also FMA had the advantage that it was never really gone gone for long. A little less than a year after the anime finished, Conqueror of Shamballa came out and then we got about 6 OVA's or something in 2006 and then Brotherhood got announced like a year and a half later to start airing in early 2009. For a lot of peeps that might feel like too long of a period of time, but that's a fairly fast timeline for a reboot/remake as far as anime is concerned. Also people (re)discovered the series with the dub that came about a year after the OG broadcast ended which was decent-to-good and, like, people still consistently recommend the shows/movies to this day.

True, Shaman King has had spin-off/sequel manga up the wazoo. but as far as anime-only watchers? Even if you only followed the dub, it's been over 15 years. So I don't think anybody is in a rush with Shaman King, least of all the studio.

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Apr 3, 2021

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Gonna keep it vague because this is dealing with post-main series content and we just got through Episode 1, but if you liked the main series, you'll like most of the spin-off/sequels Takei has put out.