Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

my pulls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Fast Luck posted:

Got the Seeing Stars luka doncic, which according to this tweet is worth $2000?
https://twitter.com/TheFirstMint/status/1367888950556168194

I'll put that for sale immediately i guess. I also got Base Set embiid shot and fox dunk.

I sold my Cousins immediately in the Cool Cats one and 4 days later it was like 8 or 9x value (from $75 to $700). Same with my friend's Herro ($140 to $1500), not sure how much it'll fluctuate now but yeah

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Yeah, I advise people to not sell unless you're selling to flip for a better card. Like I wrote earlier, I missed out on like $900 because I sold my Cool Cats way too quick when it was like near $100 and then came challenges later on in the week where people need to collect certain cards and that same Cousins card was worth way more. Unless you can cash out, there's no real incentive to move things unless you know it's the highest it will ever get.

The regular marketplace is just as wild with the common cards. Seen Zubac as low as $8 and as high as $60 in the same week (after he Tweeted about it), and was just like $30 a few days ago after hitting that $8 mark. Buying really low cards could benefit people if they scoop a bunch of $3 cards of decent players and then suddenly the next week they're in the 20s or 30s. At least with the cards prior to this latest pack, not sure how the /35000 will affect all of that.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

RCarr posted:

Im just worried that people will realize these things have absolutely zero value, and my card that I could have sold for a few hundred dollars suddenly becomes worth 50 cents.

Yeah, I get that. Sometimes any profit is good profit but also not holding on to certain cards does sting. As long as there is demand though there is going to be some inherent value. At some point I think prices are going to go way down and stay there, but the fact that there's so many people trying to get in makes it harder to gauge when/if that will happen. For instance, a lot of people were panic selling LaVine at 150-160 just two hours ago and now it's $244. May go down again tomorrow but being patient even for a few hours is smart at times

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

sharknado slashfic posted:

I'm still trying to see when the preorder pack is getting sent out, I thought it was the beginning of march

2 weeks from Feb 28th or whenever it was sent out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Seeing Stars and Rising Stars going up, predictably because of the challenge just like Cool Cats. Hopefully some of you guys held on. Although the next few days/week it'll be interesting to see how far it'll rise or fall since it's so volatile, but this initial rise with the challenge was always going to happen.

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Mar 11, 2021